TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Main screen reboot while driving

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by lundse50, Aug 1, 2017.

1. lundse50

lundse50 Member

Has anyone had their system reboot while driving? I was in Virginia on 95 the other day with navigation on when my screen went blank and rebooted itself. It came back in a few minutes and it is have been find since. Comments? Thanks

2. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

It happened once when I was on the way to the service center (ironically). I had switched back and forth between the browser and navigation a few times. When they pulled the logs they found the memory got corrupted with the screen switches and it caused the screen to crash.

It only happened once.

3. roblab

roblab Active Member

The car does not use the main screen or the dash screen. You can reboot it at your pleasure while driving. If something doesn't seem to be working, the first thing one would think of would be to restart the screen, and you don't have to stop to do it. I have done it a couple times. No Big Deal.

4. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

This happens to me once or twice a year. I have no explanation for it. I kid with my wife that it's Tesla updating my car remotely.

5. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Well, you lose A/C, so there's that uncomfortable minute while it's not working if it's hot outside.
    probably some other somewhat minor stuff.

6. depeche

depeche Member

My Ranger always talks about 2 causes:

1. Web page that is set to a page that has refreshing content
    2. USB drives in ports

I have found removing drives or changing the web page does make a difference.

7. lundse50

lundse50 Member

thanks for all your comments. I did have the ports connected and I did lose the air conditioning for a few mins... Navigation still worked on the small side display that helped because my exit was coming up. Sounds like either a physical memory issue or a coding issue. thanks again