Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major 2021 Model X refresh pending [Update: Unveiled January 27, 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably misinterpreting that the equipment comes standard. From what I was hearing/reading, it is possibly going to a subscription based 'option' (feature?).

Edit: Hmmm.. You know, thinking about it now. I hope this is not how they are planning to make the S and X appear more 'high end'. Like 'oooh it comes with FSD'.... Please give it some real features and creature comforts over the 3 and Y Tesla!

Yeah FSD is a joke at this point in time. Unless they significantly overhaul the FSD features, including it as "standard" would just be a price increase with no extra features. Unless you like watching your X slowly crawl through a parking lot with a 50/50 chance of hitting another vehicle.

If they add another (redundant, non-optical) sensor package to S/X, that'd be a pretty huge differentiator between the capabilities of FSD on the topend models vs. the peon cars, because it might actually work when a camera gets slightly moist, heh

Last edited:
If they add another (redundant, non-optical) sensor package to S/X, that'd be a pretty huge differentiator between the capabilities of FSD on the topend models vs. the peon cars heh
We've already seen mention of AP3.2 hardware in the code. There's also new Tesla hardware mentioned on the FCC website that is currently confidential. These could just be Bluetooth radios or they could be something else. Hopefully we find out next week.

Can someone explain this...

I put a reservation for a Model X in December. I flip flopped on some features (mainly seating) before I settled on what I wanted.

When I go back and look at my different order agreements, the price went down $10k on my last change. See the following:

View attachment 628724

Which I then changed to...

View attachment 628725

Why did the base price drop on 1/10? Today the price for a performance is $99,900 just like 1/3.

Luckily I haven't flipped again so I am keeping the cheaper 1/10 build.

Has anyone tried adding FSD to their existing order and seeing if the base price goes down 10K.

Where did you read the rumor?
I can't find the source any more. Probably deleted. And the situation in Europe people mentioned seems to prove it probably won't happen. For other companies like Lucid, their 'Dream Drive' autopilot software is standard on all models. For Tesla, they consider their Autopilot pkg, which is also standard on all of their models, the equivalent of Lucid's Dream Drive, while the FSD option is on a completely different level. But already, it seems, many people and even reviewers get confused when comparing cars and their options.

I put a reservation for a Model X in December. I flip flopped on some features (mainly seating) before I settled on what I wanted.

When I go back and look at my different order agreements, the price went down $10k on my last change. See the following:

View attachment 628724

View attachment 628725

Why did the base price drop on 1/10? Today the price for a performance is $99,900 just like 1/3.

Did you somehow order a performance version that does not have the Ludicrous Option? I don't see Ludicrous listed in your new order....

• Informative
Reactions: Smoot and brkaus

View attachment 628724

View attachment 628725

When is your delivery scheduled for? If it's before the end of January you may have gotten a reduction because they want to move out current inventory. If your delivery is not until February then I have no clue why you got a price reduction.

Well, coming up on 5 weeks shutdown and 0 news. Has to be more than a production hold, as the date on my reserved X keeps slipping. Now basically March.

Problems with the refresh? Only thing that scares me now is I get the 'refresh' and it is just like buying a first year model. Even from The Big Guys, that's not the best idea, and being honest, Tesla scares me a little more, as I will be a 'beta tester'. The 2016 X looks like there were lots of reported problems back in the day. New ones seems to have that ironed out. Now we go back to 2016? Hoping not. Have they learned? Were the 3 and Y first ones better?

Well, coming up on 5 weeks shutdown and 0 news. Has to be more than a production hold, as the date on my reserved X keeps slipping. Now basically March.

Problems with the refresh? Only thing that scares me now is I get the 'refresh' and it is just like buying a first year model. Even from The Big Guys, that's not the best idea, and being honest, Tesla scares me a little more, as I will be a 'beta tester'. The 2016 X looks like there were lots of reported problems back in the day. New ones seems to have that ironed out. Now we go back to 2016? Hoping not. Have they learned? Were the 3 and Y first ones better?

The 3 and Y definitely had issues with their first production runs. As you said it's a risk with new models from all manufacturers, but especially so from Tesla. They haven't really proven that they can get things right on the first try yet.

Ok and the shudder.
That's about the most important thing for customers, to be honest, that they should get fixed asap.

OK, not alone, a refresh is always cool, but still, to be honest: I don't mind a chrome delete or slight changes at trims, while keeping the reliability low because of THIS issue... A waste of time to get it repaired every few thousand km / Miles.

Reactions: 5JMJ