Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.
It appears that the MAPS that are Displayed on the display have changed and now show your current location and a few streets upahead and change when you pass the next street (a new street will be added).
Is this a permanent change or can I revert to the maps that showed your current locations and major streets and highways in the vacinity thta you are driving along?
Thank you
Bob

It's possible that you're in Track Up or North Up mode

Check out the icon at the top right of the screen. If it's a wiggly line, then you're looking at the entire route. If it's an N and a triangle that's North Up and if it shows a compass azimuth then that's Track Up. The last two show a view from much closer in, and therefore fewer streets

Upvote 0
You can also zoom in and out. Use two fingers and pinch in or out on the screen.

Be careful though. If, as you're zooming, the compass icon changes from black to grey, the screen will auto revert back to its original settings in a few seconds.. If it stays black, you're good to go for the new zoom level.

Upvote 0
Hi Ever.
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I was under the weather for a few days and drove my car this morning.
You advised me to " just tap on the icon and you'll cycle through the three formats".
When I touched the N in the upper right corner of the display, the top of a compass appeared with but the color of the map was B&W and the map didn't change.
I tried it 3 different times with the same results so I am not sure what I am doing wrong?
I touched the N icon, was I supposed to do something else?
Thanks EVer
Bob

Upvote 0
Tapping the compass just cycles through the 3 display modes:
Map shows planned route: This is just a really zoomed out display to show an entire planned route
Map shows North as up: Thats the mode with the N rosette in the upper right. No matter which way the vehicle arrow is pointed, North is always up.
Map shows vehicle arrow as up: This mode orients the map in relation to the car's direction. It shows a compass rosette in the upper right. This is my preferred view.

You can zoom in/out/rotate any of those modes by pinching/expanding 2 fingers anywhere on the map. If the compass rosette changes to grey, the map will revert back to its previous zoom level after a few seconds. It usually turns grey upon the slightest rotation. The map will always be B&W unless you're using the aerial view instead of map view.

Upvote 0
Thank you for walking me through this DM.
You advised me that I "can zoom in/out/rotate any of those modes by pinching/expanding 2 fingers anywhere on the map" which I did but I never got a map the included street names.
What I was able to do was display areas/sections within the city or display assorted businesses but not different streets along my route.
I obviously did something wrong and would appreciate it if you could please advise me what I am doing wrong?
Thank you DM
Bob

Attachments

• Tesla dispaly.jpg
    Tesla dispaly.jpg
    971.4 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
Thank you for walking me through this DM.
You advised me that I "can zoom in/out/rotate any of those modes by pinching/expanding 2 fingers anywhere on the map" which I did but I never got a map the included street names.
What I was able to do was display areas/sections within the city or display assorted businesses but not different streets along my route.
I obviously did something wrong and would appreciate it if you could please advise me what I am doing wrong?
Thank you DM
Bob
Yeah, that's the one shortcoming of Tesla maps. It's not like Garmin maps where you can zoom in and out for street level searching of street names. It doesn't show you the next cross street name, etc. I guess they expect you to use the routing feature to find locations. I like to drive along and see which streets are coming ahead also, more for exploring than just going to a specific destination.

Upvote 0