Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still patiently waiting. I am glad to see a Ma waiting room. I was told by an SA in Natick that they were getting cars soon too...although not sure if those are demos or for customers. He did change my order from white to red as he thought that changing to a premium color would help...it did move my date in from 2023.

I am still patiently waiting. I am glad to see a Ma waiting room. I was told by an SA in Natick that they were getting cars soon too...although not sure if those are demos or for customers. He did change my order from white to red as he thought that changing to a premium color would help...it did move my date in from 2023.
My SA told me the same thing so I also switched to red lol hope they are right!

Checking in so I get notifications on this thread. (Im)patiently waiting.

Has anyone got actual evidence that any changes to orders other than moving from MYLR to MYP actually affects real delivery dates? Plenty of reports of people getting altered EDDs (I've had a dozen of those without doing anything), but few, if any, reports of people actually getting cars sooner. Watching what gets delivered vs configurations over the last month or two as November orders start to come in I see virtually no correspondence between configuration and real delivery date. Orders in New England for my exact car made within a day or two of mine were delivered six weeks ago while others show an EDD out in January.

As far as I can tell EDDs are picked by a random number generator and until they start showing a one week interval less than a month out are pretty near meaningless-- so spending time or money in an effort to get an earlier EDD might be a pretty fraught enterprise.

Has anyone got actual evidence that any changes to orders other than moving from MYLR to MYP actually affects real delivery dates? Plenty of reports of people getting altered EDDs (I've had a dozen of those without doing anything), but few, if any, reports of people actually getting cars sooner. Watching what gets delivered vs configurations over the last month or two as November orders start to come in I see virtually no correspondence between configuration and real delivery date. Orders in New England for my exact car made within a day or two of mine were delivered six weeks ago while others show an EDD out in January.

As far as I can tell EDDs are picked by a random number generator and until they start showing a one week interval less than a month out are pretty near meaningless-- so spending time or money in an effort to get an earlier EDD might be a pretty fraught enterprise.
Yes, I had a MYLR white on Black with 19" wheels, moved to Red and the fate moved from Mar23-July23 to Aug 31 - Oct 5th.

Yeah debating whether I look at upgrades to get my car sooner ie MYLR to MYP.

MYP will definitely come sooner. But then you've got all the downsides of a MYP. Going to skinnier tires in Boson seems like a really bad idea. Too many bent wheels already!
What other downside for MYP? I’m switching the rims and tires when I get it to go smaller, but it seems MYP overall is better in some circumstances with a small range difference. I was nervous switching to MYP which is why I ask what other downsides.

Order date: 12/07/21
MYLR black, black
5-Seater
Gemini Wheels
No FSD, No Tow
EDD Currently Oct 3 - Nov 14

Original EDD was July 2022, then Sept-Oct, then Oct-Dec, now Oct-Nov.

Anyone receive a car delivery recently?
Just got my EDD bumped up by almost a month: Sept 15-Oct 20 now! Also reached out to Natick SA about potentially upgrading my car - design updates would delay, but upgrades to Enhanced AP or FSD to would probably push it up.

EAP is just meh for me, but MYP would be more attractive. However, concerned about wear on those tires and increased risk of damage.

Reactions: MIGS Tessie

Adding FSD moved my EDD way up. But last week, I removed the FSD I added on 6/21. I have never been assigned a VIN. Sure enough, on 8/3, one week after removal, my EDD moved back to Oct-Dec. I was planning to wait to cancel the FSD until I got a VIN and a pickup date assigned, at the last minute essentially.

My plan is to hold out until 2023 somehow when the federal $$$ will hopefully be back in action. My expectations have dropped to next to nothing at this point so I might as well keep playing games and try to get the best deal I can out of this adventure.

Adding FSD moved my EDD way up. But last week, I removed the FSD I added on 6/21. I have never been assigned a VIN. Sure enough, on 8/3, one week after removal, my EDD moved back to Oct-Dec. I was planning to wait to cancel the FSD until I got a VIN and a pickup date assigned, at the last minute essentially.

My plan is to hold out until 2023 somehow when the federal $$$ will hopefully be back in action. My expectations have dropped to next to nothing at this point so I might as well keep playing games and try to get the best deal I can out of this adventure.
wow 9/21 order date.....I have heard they move the date way out and then in sometimes when a VIN is about to be assigned. I am pretty sure I will not qualify due to income so I am okay with getting mine sooner. I hope it works for you.

Saw a Austin made MYLR at Peabody yesterday. Not for sale. SN 0000194
20220805_105007.jpg

It's been 269 days since I placed my order and today my VIN was finally assigned!

OD: Nov. 9, 2021
EDD: Changed many times. Now shows 8/17-8/20
MYLR, MSM, 19" wheels, Black interior, Hitch, Standard autopilot

My VIN has the letter "A" in the 11th place, so it's coming from Austin! I expect it will have the 2170 cells, but I'm hoping it will also have the front underbody casting despite the lack of a structural battery pack. I'll know in about 2 weeks if all goes to plan...

This question is for Massachusetts folks who already took delivery, but may still be watching this thread.

I'm looking for an affordable place to get PPF (paint protective film) installed. Ideally, I'd like to get the XPEL Stealth PPF on the entire car, but may have to settle for a clear front bra plus the front of the glass roof and side mirrors. So far, I quote of $7500 for the full stealth PPF from Automotive elegance in Andover, MA. They can do the more limited clear bra for $2,995.

I have no experience with any local PPF installers, so any advice is welcome. I'm also willing to install it myself, but would love to hear from someone who has tried this and doesn't do it full time...

Thanks.

This question is for Massachusetts folks who already took delivery, but may still be watching this thread.

I'm looking for an affordable place to get PPF (paint protective film) installed. Ideally, I'd like to get the XPEL Stealth PPF on the entire car, but may have to settle for a clear front bra plus the front of the glass roof and side mirrors. So far, I quote of $7500 for the full stealth PPF from Automotive elegance in Andover, MA. They can do the more limited clear bra for $2,995.

I have no experience with any local PPF installers, so any advice is welcome. I'm also willing to install it myself, but would love to hear from someone who has tried this and doesn't do it full time...

Thanks.
I have not taken delivery, however I’ve already priced out from Q Car Care I believe in Burlington MA. Email them and tell them that, they seem somewhat flexible. They have a Facebook and Instagram if you want to check out their work in addition to their website.

Reactions: JonnyWiFi