Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you folks get sales taxes off for the amount traded in? I thought it worked in MA?

this is I think the example:

example 2:

Example 2: S, who is a Massachusetts dealer, sells a Chrysler in the regular course of business to B for $6,000. S credits B with $2,000 toward the sales price for a Ford which B trades in. B must pay a sales tax of $200 ($6,000 minus $2,000 for the trade-in, x 5%).

Last edited:
Boston area

MYLR MSM Gemini tow package

OD 1/16
1/17 EDD Jan to march
1/24? EDD 2 - feb 28- 3/31
2/5 EdD 3 - feb 13-27
2/14 EDD 4 - Feb 28-mar 13

My window is two weeks but looks like it got pushed out. At this point, if I lose the full credit I’ll just cancel the order. Funny thing is on 2/5 I ordered my floor mats and they came in already.

I paid extra for the right whale plate, and apparently it goes to whale conservation.

Not sure what you get if you pay extra for the EV plate.
I think the EV plates are pretty much to let 1st responders know it is an EV so they don't electrocute themselves in the case of an accident or something like that. Not really necessary on a Tesla seeing that's all they sell. 🤷‍♂️

I think the EV plates are pretty much to let 1st responders know it is an EV so they don't electrocute themselves in the case of an accident or something like that. Not really necessary on a Tesla seeing that's all they sell. 🤷‍♂️
If it's for the safety of first responders why do they charge $60 for the privilege of having one? If that were true they'd be required, not an option. Having some EVs marked and others not would probably increase the possibility of danger, not decrease it if indeed first responders were relying on the plate (which I strongly doubt they do).
To add to the confusion, they're not just for EV's, but also hybrids.

If it's for the safety of first responders why do they charge $60 for the privilege of having one? If that were true they'd be required, not an option. Having some EVs marked and others not would probably increase the possibility of danger, not decrease it if indeed first responders were relying on the plate (which I strongly doubt they do).
To add to the confusion, they're not just for EV's, but also hybrids.
The regular passenger vehicle plate also costs $60. There is no additional fee for the EV plate. It’s the same $60 whether it is regular or EV.

Reactions: rwiegand
Boston area

MYLR MSM Gemini tow package

OD 1/16
1/17 EDD Jan to march
1/24? EDD 2 - feb 28- 3/31
2/5 EdD 3 - feb 13-27
2/14 EDD 4 - Feb 28-mar 13

My window is two weeks but looks like it got pushed out. At this point, if I lose the full credit I’ll just cancel the order. Funny thing is on 2/5 I ordered my floor mats and they came in already.
Update 2/16. Exactly one month after order I got my vin number. Assisting build which is a bummer because I wanted the matrix headlights.

Deliver window is Feb 27-3/7. Of course my luck would have me traveling for most of those days for work. We’ll see how that works out.

Reactions: MeanDOG
Picked up my MYLR (White/black OD - 1/13) from Peabody yesterday - no issues with the car whatsoever. The doors take a bit of effort to close, but I was expecting that as it’s a Austin build.

The registration took around 90 mins because there were a couple people ahead of me, but overall no complaints with the delivery experience.

Reactions: canbonbon