Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to rely on scheduled departure this morning to go to work and it didn’t start charging the car last night to prepare for the departure and in fact it seemed to kick into gear and start only once I woke up the car via the app to check it as soon as I woke up. Bugs assume. Curious if others having luck with the feature.

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I have a 3 AWD long range and I'm stuck on 32.12.2. I noticed on Tesla Fi that the only vehicle the got 32.12.2 recently was a "3 long range." I've been checking periodically and my 3 keeps telling me my software is up to date. I've never had an issue with being "stuck" with an old firmware for long until now.

Dudes take a chill pill. The update isn’t dead. They clearly send it out in batches of a few thousand. There are several hundred thousands of Tesla’s to churn through. It’s a fairly significant update. Most of us are on 12.x. still. However here’s to everything going well and getting the update!

So if the article is correct it sounds like HW 2.5 owners will not see cone visualizations while driving.

I predicted many months ago that HW3 will offer features that do not specifically require FSD and virtually everyone on the forum disagreed with me. While cone visualizations is not really that big of a deal, it is an early indication of where Tesla is going and how 2.5 owners may be left out of new features, even if they don’t have FSD.

Dudes take a chill pill. The update isn’t dead. They clearly send it out in batches of a few thousand. There are several hundred thousands of Tesla’s to churn through. It’s a fairly significant update. Most of us are on 12.x. still. However here’s to everything going well and getting the update!
Intellectually, I know you are right and we will get the update soon enough, as we always have. Emotionally, however, it's like being the last kid picked when choosing sides. I don't want to be the last person to get it!.

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
Tried to rely on scheduled departure this morning to go to work and it didn’t start charging the car last night to prepare for the departure and in fact it seemed to kick into gear and start only once I woke up the car via the app to check it as soon as I woke up. Bugs assume. Curious if others having luck with the feature.
I had it set to leave at 8:30 and it finished charging @ 5:30. Had a previous "Start Charging" setting (not available now, to start charge at 4:30)
I think it did condition the cab at the correct time though. Have not tried again, but first time use might have been the problem. Will try again tomorrow.

I've been playing with the new One Petal Driving in 2019.36.2.1.

So far, it's pretty cool. I like it for every situation except pulling into my garage... I prefer creep mode so I can have my foot on the break at all times since I need to pull up to 12 inches from the wall. With creep I have inch by inch precision pulling in; with one petal, pulling in to the garage with the same exacting precision is much more difficult.

What are your thoughts about it?

I had it set to leave at 8:30 and it finished charging @ 5:30. Had a previous "Start Charging" setting (not available now, to start charge at 4:30)
I think it did condition the cab at the correct time though. Have not tried again, but first time use might have been the problem. Will try again tomorrow.

Severely disappointing.
I was really hoping that it didn't actually work the way the release notes imply. I have no need to finish charging before 6am. What a waste to implement such a great feature in such a useless way. :confused::(

It seems silly to have the 6am finnish charging deadline. If you want to avoid peak rates schedule charging, if you want to schedule departure I should be able to set that to whenever I want... I work shift work and we don't have peak/off peak electric rates here in BC.