Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh you may be on to something with that. I read on reddit that someone measured 40.50.7 at only ~86 MB so it may very well need 40.50.5 to be installed first and if people aren't on 40.50.5 yet, that explains why 40.50.7 looks to be stalling out until everyone gets up to 40.50.5. I am on 40.50.5 and 40.50.7 isn't an option to me as of this morning which is a bit weird since I usually get updates a day after they hit wide release.
Well, I'm a 40.50.5 car w/HW3 and no 40.50.7 for me ==> No soup, either!

Guess I’m in the minority. Data Point: Sept. 2018 P3D+ HW 2.5 just upgraded from 50.1 directly to 50.7. Only had 50.1 for 8 days. 50.7 was waiting for me when I got back into the country....downloaded automatically the instant I pulled into my garage and picked up the WiFi router signal. Skipped 50.5. Smooth install. Haven’t driven on 50.7 yet. But let me tell you....50.1 NOA was a DISASTER.....almost unusable driving interstate home. Worst regression on AP yet. Hope .7 is an improvement.

Ski

Last edited:
Reactions: diezel_dave
Understood and it was two different stalls on two different days. One of which was next to the transformers and this morning no other vehicles were charging at all.
On the prior software I charged much quicker and I'm sorry not exactly an apple's for apple's comparison same location same stall 90+ kwh.
kw people!
It’s even in your own photo you posted!
Banghead. Lol.

I’m not sure why the slow down on 50.7 either but I just received it on our HW3 FSD P3D now, however our HW2.5 FSD LRDM+ got the second it was released before it even hit Teslafi. I think they may just be rolling slower. I know 40.50.1 was a bad release for sure Buggy as hell. 40.50.5 wasn’t to much better. I do know ( well I think so) 50.7 also added handicap visual as well. Seen in brain (i1tesla ) video. My car did not show that on 40.50.5

The VC in 2019.40.50.7 at first was totally intermittent, then it seemed to improve. It's evidently a major re-write, with teething problems. Once it captures the audio it transcribes and auto-corrects to text quite well, then breaks out key words (from a much bigger list) and parses the intent OK. There are e.g. many ways a human can request changes in heating, and the system figures most of them out.

But the way it sometimes stalls in the first phase, as if not detecting ANY speech, is bizarre. The phoning and text messaging procedures are also terribly unclear. But once these are solved, I expect the VC will be first class.

Watching clips like Brian i1Tesla's (since I don't have HW3 yet) for 2019.40.50.7 one thing is striking: things like stop signs and cone-alikes are reliably thrown up on the display, while many obstacles show up with a big delay, if at all.

I'd say that what's displayed and what the car reacts to are very different things. Cones are a way to redefine the lane, so it makes sense for AS to perceive and display them fully for the driver. It doesn't matter if they are recognized as cones or fenceposts or lawn dwarfs. Stops are also driver-critical. But if crossing deer or other obstacles are not promptly displayed on the screen, it's secondary as long as the car reacts to the underlying hazard. I would not assume that the control system can only react to what is rendered on the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200
The VC in 2019.40.50.7 at first was totally intermittent, then it seemed to improve. It's evidently a major re-write, with teething problems. Once it captures the audio it transcribes and auto-corrects to text quite well, then breaks out key words (from a much bigger list) and parses the intent OK. There are e.g. many ways a human can request changes in heating, and the system figures most of them out.
Over 100 in the latest crowd-sourced version Google sheet: V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands

It is in a quasi app too: Now Available as an app: Tesla Voice Commands

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
Been checking to see if .5 or .7 was available. Always it was "your car is up to date". I looked again today before I did some errands. I had to wait to pick up someone, and decided to check for the heck of it. 50.7 is now updating. Coincidence probably, or did I need to get away from home WiFi range to find the update?