Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My voice commands "fixed themselves". I haven't been overloading it with requests, but real life needs like "set passenger seat heat to 1", "set cabin temperature to 70 degrees" and most of the Navigate requests have been working first time every time now. It's changed some NOA choices, where I don't always agree with the route it chooses. But it's been fine overall.

I can confirm it is significant... The first 2 versions of hold mode were legit one pedal driving and again I am back to using the brakes often.

My car came from the factory with 35.102 (or something weird like that) and I was pleasantly surprised to find that one pedal driving was very similar to my BMW i3. That is to say, I almost never had to use the brake pedal. Then the 40.X series dropped and I find myself using the friction brakes probably 50% of the time when driving around town and now 50.7 isn't any better. And when regen is limited due to cold, its darn near useless. It is especially annoying how the regen bar can be 50% limited but the green bar won't ever even approach anything near the full 50% so it is more like only 30% regen in practice. Someone over on reddit postulated that Tesla took apart some batteries that have been in service for a bit and found that they had far more dendrite formation than expected due to pushing a lot of amperage in to the low cobalt batteries at low temperatures which led them to push out BMS software updates that severely nerfed regen and cold weather charging. I have no data to back that up but it seems reasonable, I suppose.

Reactions: ra88it and Fernand
No total decrease in apparent regen for me, and one pedal braking is something I've been using for over three years with the Bolt. My Model 3 had V.10 at delivery and the one pedal braking seemed a bit stronger than the Bolt. At 50.7 the total regen is the same, but is ramped a bit gentler and smoother than before. With foot off accelerator, the noticeable slowdown occurs sooner and is spread out more for a smoother stop. I see this as a positive step and may lead to slightly improved efficiency for drivers who give the car more time to slow down.

When V.10 first hit, there were lots of complaints about it being too harsh for many drivers. I suspect this is the primary driving force behind the change.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
so it really seems to me that half the time, the car ignores my app instructions to heat the seats. and immediately i sent it navigation destination from my phone, and it works, so i know the car is connected and listening.

specifically i instruct it to heat both driver and passenger heat, and when i come out to the car, only the driver heating is on. passenger heated seats function otherwise.

Is there a way to turn off the car from reading the text message after its started.. When you activate it to read like an amazon shipment text and it starts reading the url and all the other info its really really annoying.. But I can't seem to figure out a way to stop it from reading the text once its started.

How I get around the limited regen AND the worthless departure time charging (with 50.7) with temperatures below ~50 degrees.. I reduce the charge limit about 10% and set the departure time charging. About an hour before I leave, usually when I get up, from the phone, I set the limit back up about 10% and I start charging and I turn on preconditioning the interior. After about and hour the car has charged about 5-10%, is toasty inside and the regen limit is much less. I have 10kW charging. For those of you who cannot deal with trivial inconveniences this won't work for you.

I’ve recently updated my Model 3 to 2019.40.50.7 and I’m not seeing much difference on the screen regarding seeing more objects ie... traffic cones, trees, stop signs, bicycles, diamond lane sign.... Do I have to do something else to get it to work? Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks
You have to turn on the FSD visualization preview in autopilot settings