Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Thread: 3 Delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my M3P delivered yesterday visited a supercharger while waiting for the app to connect - quick top up charge for 30 mins no problems - put the car on charge overnight on my home pod point 7kw charger at 90% and now see fully charged but only 279 miles range - is this OK I would of expected over 300 for 90% - does it take time to 'settle down' only have 102 miles on the clock - any advice please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210624_063904_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210624_063904_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: TesslAshanti
3rd attempt at posting in the correct thread.. o_O....

Picked mine up yesterday from Cribbs 80% charge.. WINNING!
Rocket ship on the way home (and I am more than fully conversant with extremely fast cars ;) )
Traffic lights make me grin from ear to ear if I'm in the front of the queue.
Paintwork FLAWLESS (minus some seagull sheeet from the carpark)
Panel gaps and alignment PERFECT.
mudflps / cables bagged in the boot
Does not have passenger lumbar (and don't care as I don't sit there :D)
Not quite as intuitive as I thought it would be and I'm pretty good with tech stuff
advanced AP is a little scary haha and even cruise is a little errrrr this is different/now what is it bloody doing :D:D

Having some big problems with the software though
Keeps crashing when I try to view pages in the operators manual and also crashed when trying to mess with the fan speed :mad:
Also don't seem to have any sort of radio, dab or otherwise, even when connected to phone I can't search songs that are on phone. quite confused ATM
Go into your setting on music and switch the toggle to Radio on , don’t know why it’s off but I had the same issue

Reactions: TesslAshanti
If somebody asked me 2 years ago, if I'd own an electric car, I would have mocked you probably and just laughed. But after driving a Model 3 Performance in 2020 just before Covid, I knew I had to get one. But, yesterday I finally made the change. I did it NOT to save the environment, I did it because it's simply a better daily driver to me than nearly any other vehicle in its price range.

I sold my 2018 Fiesta ST for a 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor. What better to accompany and compliment my 900+whp 03 Cobra, being completely polar opposites."

Wall charger installed and charging at 11kW. Everything is as expected!

Ordered 5/18, Delivered 6/23

20210623_144911.jpg

20210623_235307_2.jpg

20210624_012617.jpg

Shot a youtube video of the dat as well for those curious

I'm picking mine up today! So far every SA I've interacted with has been extremely friendly and helpful. I'd say my overall customer service experience has actually been pretty great. I could complain about the shifting delivery dates, but I think a lot of the anxiety there is just that people are so excited to get their cars. That alone says something about what a fun brand this is.

I do have a question though, how do I verify the SuperCharger credit I should have received for using a referral link?

I'll keep it short. I Took Delivery June 23 '21 Model 3 Performance Red w/ 20' Uberturbines White Seats no FSD.

I ordered June 15th so I only waited eight days total. I finished the financing process the night before and scheduled for pickup at 230pm.

I arrived at 10am just looking to push my appointment up to 11am but they helped me immediately. While I was waiting for them to get the paperwork I completed a full checklist inspection on the vehicle. I signed the paper work and was ready to go within an hour. Staff was friendly and experienced. Car was 85% charged.

I had no panel gaps or missing paint and I checked thoroughly.

When I got home I noticed the front driver side door is difficult to close without slamming. Also there is an error where autopilot won't re-engage after you turn it on turn it off and then try to turn it back on.

Service appointment scheduled for July 13th.

Best car I have ever owned and it's not close.

Attachments

• PXL_20210623_144721401.jpg
    PXL_20210623_144721401.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 268
  • PXL_20210623_144705071.jpg
    PXL_20210623_144705071.jpg
    965.6 KB · Views: 211
  • PXL_20210623_144730533.jpg
    PXL_20210623_144730533.jpg
    948 KB · Views: 228
Finally got my Model 3 long-range last Tuesday late afternoon. Was a simple and easy delivery. I did have to go pick it up because I had a trade-in. It really was one of the smoothest car purchases I have ever had in my life. The car is set up to my liking. Now, I do need to tint and put the protective coating on the front. Ordered 5/7/21 and received 6/22/21. Best wishes to all of you who are waiting on your first.

Reactions: Tesconnect
Picked my White LR3 up yesterday. Surprisingly, only a couple of very minor things. Going to be a jackass and do a service request for them, might as well all of the QC rest of the customer. Make them earn some money.

Ordered May 25th. Estimates tightened up to June 11-30. Then got a VIN fairly quickly and the date went 28-30th...then the appt setup for that range. So, 28th at 3pm it was!!! And it happened!

With that said, only a handful of annoyances. All issues mostly related to the people working there and the "Tesla way". They really need to work on their customer service, QC and delivery practices. I got 3 phone calls (actually 5 total), 2 from 1 person 1 from another, the day before, asking questions from delivery people. Same guy calls twice, 2hrs apart with the exact same questions we already went over?!?! After each first call, literally 1 minute later he would call back with a few more questions (oh BTW forgot to ask....) WTF? Tampa Tesla is moving cars for sure volume wise. My wife/kids while I was on speaker phone every time they called were eye rolling/shrugging like what is going on?!?! I just said, "you see what I mean about Tesla???"

There were like 15 cars on the lot being picked up when I came in, a bunch all over the place being prepped in the coming day. Trucks pulling out just dropping off cars on the transporter. There were about 10 people inside an office in the main building, no idea what they are all doing, but getting somebody in the delivery section/office, was a joke. Nobody was at the front delivery desk. And the temperature was like 82F in the building??? Really, this is FL, 95F heat and 80% humidity, sun is blazing, and you walk into a hot building Tesla?!?! This is insanity and unheard of in Florida in Summer. It isn't 1930 guys. Had to walk up outside the window of the other building where the 10 people were sitting at desks and they all look over at me and I give them all a hands out and shoulder shrug like ANYBODY?!?! You want my cashier's check? Can I look the car over like a normal reasonable human being?!?! Finally somebody begrudgingly gets up and comes out and is like hey what do you need?!?! WTF!!! Call me a jerk, but this stuff annoys the crap out of me. In my line of work, this is never acceptable, it is all about serving the customer and our user base.

First guy opens the door for me and doesn't leave the key cards. Didn't want me testing driving it, which they wouldn't let me do. No test drive for you!!!

The downside is they really expect you to do everything online and they don't want to be bothered with anything. That would be all great if the QC didn't suck so bad, but getting a person to simply take my cashier's check, and open the car up so I could inspect it seemed way more difficult than it should be considering these things are not cheap Toyota Corollas. Which they have better QC and build quality sadly.

They all seemed annoyed by anybody wanting help and there were about 6 other people pickup up cars, doing inspections in the blazing FL sun/heat/humidity etc..in the parking pickup/delivery section. Then nearly all of us about the same time were standing in the hot delivery office looking at each other, talking about QC of vehicles and where is everybody?!?! Hello!!! Tesla...is this microphone on!!! People were annoyed obviously after having to QC a car for nearly 1hr in the heat, then stand around in a hot office trying to get a human being to gives us our key cards or answer/deal with some minor issues.

Bright side, only a few minor issues on my car!!! Yay!! End of month push didn't affect the QC. But the few issues I had, they did the open a service request in the next 48hrs or so to deal with it routine....otherwise...BYEeeee!!!! Huh? OK...whatever. Kind of unreal considering I had just bought my wife a new BMW X3 that cost the same, literally 2 blocks away from the BMW dealer from Tesla, the experience was night/day, and they jumped, did everything to help you out, and car was perfect, didn't even think there would be an issue with this BMW from Spartansburg, SC by US workers...this excuse that Tesla is so new (13yrs now), is over. They need a customer service/delivery and QC overhaul and tweak to align more with expectations of customers to gain more acceptance. My wife wouldn't deal with this idiotic setup for 1 second had she been the buyer, would have walked away someplace else. Tesla is never going to win over the majority of people with how they go about things...Elon doesn't give a rat's ass of course.

Anyway, by the luck of the Tesla car QC Gods...mine was near perfection, it is driving great, and I'm loving it!!! So, worth the hassle, but the hassle shouldn't exist to begin with. That is the point of my rant.

Now onto tint, suspension/wheels...ceramic coating. Oh, and might as well get a 14-50 installed at my house, neighbor is an electrician, that will be cheap and done right...haha.

Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Picked my White LR3 up yesterday. Surprisingly, only a couple of very minor things. Going to be a jackass and do a service request for them, might as well all of the QC rest of the customer. Make them earn some money.

Ordered May 25th. Estimates tightened up to June 11-30. Then got a VIN fairly quickly and the date went 28-30th...then the appt setup for that range. So, 28th at 3pm it was!!! And it happened!

With that said, only a handful of annoyances. All issues mostly related to the people working there and the "Tesla way". They really need to work on their customer service, QC and delivery practices. I got 3 phone calls (actually 5 total), 2 from 1 person 1 from another, the day before, asking questions from delivery people. Same guy calls twice, 2hrs apart with the exact same questions we already went over?!?! After each first call, literally 1 minute later he would call back with a few more questions (oh BTW forgot to ask....) WTF? Tampa Tesla is moving cars for sure volume wise. My wife/kids while I was on speaker phone every time they called were eye rolling/shrugging like what is going on?!?! I just said, "you see what I mean about Tesla???"

There were like 15 cars on the lot being picked up when I came in, a bunch all over the place being prepped in the coming day. Trucks pulling out just dropping off cars on the transporter. There were about 10 people inside an office in the main building, no idea what they are all doing, but getting somebody in the delivery section/office, was a joke. Nobody was at the front delivery desk. And the temperature was like 82F in the building??? Really, this is FL, 95F heat and 80% humidity, sun is blazing, and you walk into a hot building Tesla?!?! This is insanity and unheard of in Florida in Summer. It isn't 1930 guys. Had to walk up outside the window of the other building where the 10 people were sitting at desks and they all look over at me and I give them all a hands out and shoulder shrug like ANYBODY?!?! You want my cashier's check? Can I look the car over like a normal reasonable human being?!?! Finally somebody begrudgingly gets up and comes out and is like hey what do you need?!?! WTF!!! Call me a jerk, but this stuff annoys the crap out of me. In my line of work, this is never acceptable, it is all about serving the customer and our user base.

First guy opens the door for me and doesn't leave the key cards. Didn't want me testing driving it, which they wouldn't let me do. No test drive for you!!!

The downside is they really expect you to do everything online and they don't want to be bothered with anything. That would be all great if the QC didn't suck so bad, but getting a person to simply take my cashier's check, and open the car up so I could inspect it seemed way more difficult than it should be considering these things are not cheap Toyota Corollas. Which they have better QC and build quality sadly.

They all seemed annoyed by anybody wanting help and there were about 6 other people pickup up cars, doing inspections in the blazing FL sun/heat/humidity etc..in the parking pickup/delivery section. Then nearly all of us about the same time were standing in the hot delivery office looking at each other, talking about QC of vehicles and where is everybody?!?! Hello!!! Tesla...is this microphone on!!! People were annoyed obviously after having to QC a car for nearly 1hr in the heat, then stand around in a hot office trying to get a human being to gives us our key cards or answer/deal with some minor issues.

Bright side, only a few minor issues on my car!!! Yay!! End of month push didn't affect the QC. But the few issues I had, they did the open a service request in the next 48hrs or so to deal with it routine....otherwise...BYEeeee!!!! Huh? OK...whatever. Kind of unreal considering I had just bought my wife a new BMW X3 that cost the same, literally 2 blocks away from the BMW dealer from Tesla, the experience was night/day, and they jumped, did everything to help you out, and car was perfect, didn't even think there would be an issue with this BMW from Spartansburg, SC by US workers...this excuse that Tesla is so new (13yrs now), is over. They need a customer service/delivery and QC overhaul and tweak to align more with expectations of customers to gain more acceptance. My wife wouldn't deal with this idiotic setup for 1 second had she been the buyer, would have walked away someplace else. Tesla is never going to win over the majority of people with how they go about things...Elon doesn't give a rat's ass of course.

Anyway, by the luck of the Tesla car QC Gods...mine was near perfection, it is driving great, and I'm loving it!!! So, worth the hassle, but the hassle shouldn't exist to begin with. That is the point of my rant.

Now onto tint, suspension/wheels...ceramic coating. Oh, and might as well get a 14-50 installed at my house, neighbor is an electrician, that will be cheap and done right...haha.

Good luck.
Thanks for all the details!!! Enjoy the car 😊

My delivery experience was mildly frustrating. When I purchased it, I was first told to wait 3 months. Then when I logged into my tesla dashboard, it said mid july (1 month). Then it said end of June (2 weeks). Then it said Sept. Then I got a text saying it'd be ready be the end of the month.

Eventually they got it to me by the end of June which was cool. The other thing that threw me off is that when they called me to confirm delivery, the dealers themselves weren't sure when the car would actually get delivered. Also they left an envelope with a bunch of paper work but didn't tell me what to do with it.

My Model 3 came without floor mats, garage door opener or a spare tire or flat repair kit. My wife is convinced we overpaid for a cheap econobox. We got a cheap econobox with expensive technology that basically does the same thing her former Audi would do except the Audi had a spare tire, garage door opener and floor mats and was much more plush, all for the same price.

Does anyone else feel disappointed?

My Model 3 came without floor mats, garage door opener or a spare tire or flat repair kit. My wife is convinced we overpaid for a cheap econobox. We got a cheap econobox with expensive technology that basically does the same thing her former Audi would do except the Audi had a spare tire, garage door opener and floor mats and was much more plush, all for the same price.

Does anyone else feel disappointed?
I’m going to be in a similar boat. I’m replacing a 2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige with a SR+. I currently have heated front/rear seats, cooled front seats, thigh extenders for the front seats, rear sunshades, adaptive Sport suspension, heated steering wheel, CarPlay/Android Auto, and a vastly higher level of interior/exterior quality and fit/finish. In 73,000 miles, only issue I had was a faulty water pump that was replaced under warranty.

I’m just hoping that the EV experience is going to overwhelm with regards to the obvious downgrade on creature comforts.

Reactions: nyudoc04
I’m going to be in a similar boat. I’m replacing a 2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige with a SR+. I currently have heated front/rear seats, cooled front seats, thigh extenders for the front seats, rear sunshades, adaptive Sport suspension, heated steering wheel, CarPlay/Android Auto, and a vastly higher level of interior/exterior quality and fit/finish. In 73,000 miles, only issue I had was a faulty water pump that was replaced under warranty.

I’m just hoping that the EV experience is going to overwhelm with regards to the obvious downgrade on creature comforts.
I am literally in the same situation. Will be replacing a 2017 S5 hatchback. Already rejected a M3P once in late June - did not want to leave it in body shop for 1-2 weeks as I'm over an hour away from nearest SC. Hoping 2nd one in 7-11 weeks will be better and no ongoing issues. I already paid in full in mid June so hopefully it's a quick refund if I decide to cancel before then.

Reactions: Macb00kemdanno