Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FCW must take curvature into consideration or it would think you were going to crash into the car in the opposing lane as you went around curves. I've never had it do that.
I get FCW on this one downhill, curvy road - definitely, when there is no lead car. This never used to happen previously on AP. Happens only downhill - not uphill.

I've also got phantom braking on flat roads (where I never used to) - but that could be for different reasons.

Reactions: impastu
This happens when there is a car coming toward you, or there are no cars?
Both. Some places when the cars are coming in the opposite direction. But also when the car is moving directly towards trees on the side of the road. I'll post exact location pictures later - but here is the road.

Both. Some places when the cars are coming in the opposite direction. But also when the car is moving directly towards trees on the side of the road. I'll post exact location pictures later - but here is the road.

I recall an early eap tester was going up a twisty mountain road with a guard rail, and his car swerved to the left suddenly. He was in the middle of a left hand curve (guard rail on the right, so car pointing at guard rail) . When you played the video back slowly, you could see that Beta interpreted part of the guard rail as a bus on the side of the road, briefly. Do any phantom vehicles appear on the display when you get the FCW?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EVNow and impastu
I recall an early eap tester was going up a twisty mountain road with a guard rail, and his car swerved to the left suddenly. He was in the middle of a left hand curve (guard rail on the right, so car pointing at guard rail) . When you played the video back slowly, you could see that Beta interpreted part of the guard rail as a bus on the side of the road, briefly. Do any phantom vehicles appear on the display when you get the FCW?
Very interesting. I played the video I made the other day and it looked like the phantom braking I got was near the guard rail. I’ll have to take a better video to see what the UI shows.

50852F2E-BBE8-4905-9A88-576F179EE614.png
Looks like 10.3 will come out this evening.

View attachment 724949Looks like 10.3 will come out this evening.
Looks like more features added than I expected. Especially the configurability. Nothing explicitly mentioned about disabling TACC on disengagement so probably will have to just get used to it?

We’ll see if better creep performance also includes to the ability to stop initially in the right place instead of far short of that point.

Reducing false slowdowns seems good but whether it applies only in the case of pedestrians is unclear (definitely good to fix the pedestrians issue though as my car slammed on the brakes 75 feet from pedestrians and that was the end of use for FSD with the wife in the car).

We’ll see how it pans out!

Reactions: impastu and dcesq06
Looks like more features added than I expected. Especially the configurability. Nothing explicitly mentioned about disabling TACC on disengagement so probably will have to just get used to it?

We’ll see if better creep performance also includes to the ability to stop initially in the right place instead of far short of that point.

Reducing false slowdowns seems good but whether it applies only in the case of pedestrians is unclear (definitely good to fix the pedestrians issue though as my car slammed on the brakes 75 feet from pedestrians and that was the end of use for FSD with the wife in the car).

We’ll see how it pans out!

It’s only the pedestrian part ...

TeslaScope shows one Model 3 that has beta updating. What's really interesting is that the release varies only by the last digit from the non-beta release! Beta 10.3 appears to be 2021.36.5.2 and the non beta software cars are getting 2021.36.5.1 I can't wait to see this! it looks like maybe we beta testers are getting all the new goodies everyone else is getting. :)