Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after updating to 2023.12.5, my car automatically downloaded navigation map 2022.44, and then immediately started downloading software update 2023.12.11. Once the download is completed, should I proceed with the update? I thought Tesla would have me update to 2023.12.10 because of my FSD Beta request. After the 2023.12.5 update, I got the “available in an upcoming software release” note.
The only update I would accept is 2023.12.10 (or a version less than some future FSD update). If you update to 2023.12.11, you won't get 2023.12.10, and there aren't any currently known FSD versions higher than 2023.12.11.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Hiline
So I cheated. I’ve been subscribed to FSD since last Thursday and run out of patience. I did some reading and found one post in this forum that said some FSD Beta users had been upgraded to 2023.12.11. That was just what I wanted to see, so without further confirmation I just took the leap and pressed the update button. Voila! As soon as the update was completed, I was prompted to try FSD Beta. Then a round of data sharing disclosures and agreements later, I officially became an FSD Beta tester! And omg did this thing blow my mind. Y’all have no idea how jealous I am of you. You’ve had this technology for years!

For future reference, my update sequence was: 2022.28.2 —> 2023.12.5 —> navigation map 2022.44 —> 2023.12.11 at Software v11.1 with FSD Beta v11.3.6

Took about 4 hours for all downloads and installations. I am so relieved I didn’t get over-updated and so excited to try out Beta.

Thank you all who explained the rules to me and pointed me to the resources!

So I cheated. I’ve been subscribed to FSD since last Thursday and run out of patience. I did some reading and found one post in this forum that said some FSD Beta users had been upgraded to 2023.12.11. That was just what I wanted to see, so without further confirmation I just took the leap and pressed the update button. Voila! As soon as the update was completed, I was prompted to try FSD Beta. Then a round of data sharing disclosures and agreements later, I officially became an FSD Beta tester! And omg did this thing blow my mind. Y’all have no idea how jealous I am of you. You’ve had this technology for years!

For future reference, my update sequence was: 2022.28.2 —> 2023.12.5 —> navigation map 2022.44 —> 2023.12.11 at Software v11.1 with FSD Beta v11.3.6

Congrats(!), but weird. TeslaFi does not show 2023.12.11 on the FSDb track. It was 2023.12.10 that was packed with 11.3.6 and FSDb.

Do you still recall the post about the FSDb users being updated to 2023.12.11? If so, please link.

Thanks.

Congrats(!), but weird. TeslaFi does not show 2023.12.11 on the FSDb track. It was 2023.12.10 that was packed with 11.3.6 and FSDb.

Do you still recall the post about the FSDb users being updated to 2023.12.11? If so, please link.

Thanks.

Thank you! Yeah I saw the exact same thing so was apprehensive myself. But this post cleared my doubt: FSD discussion

Last edited:
Reactions: snovvman
Installed 11.4.3 and plan to test it a bit this morning. How would you say this one compares to 11.4.2?
Took my usual first short test drive route to the local grocery store - a ~8 mile R/T route that was very problematic for FSDj on 11.3.6, but much less so with 11.4.2...

Conditions: Dry, Partly sunny, 7:30am
Test Vehicle: 2021 Refreshed MS Plaid
Nav Version: 2022.44

In summary, 11.4.3 felt like a throw-back to 11.3.6 (a regression). Notable bad behaviors have returned;

* Erratic jerky yoke when FSDj is confused or unsure of itself.
* Failed in parking lot (presumably because it now relies more on the navigation data than Vision
* Disengaged as it was getting dangerously close to a car it was trying to get around (twice)
* Less "Smooth," overall - as compared to 11.4.3
* Failed at community gate as was the case with 11.4.3, but not 11.3.6 - Red hands of death and all....

More testing needed, but first impressions are the Junkiness continues, mores in 11.4.3 than 11.4.2 (for me, anyways).

IMG_7803.jpeg

Took my usual first short test drive route to the local grocery store - a ~8 mile R/T route that was very problematic for FSDj on 11.3.6, but much less so with 11.4.2...

In summary, 11.4.3 felt like a throw-back to 11.3.6 (a regression). Notable bad behaviors have returned;

* Failed in parking lot (presumably because it now relies more on the navigation data than Vision
* Disengaged as it was getting dangerously close to a car it was trying to get around (twice)
* Failed at community gate as was the case with 11.4.3, but not 11.3.6 - Red hands of death and all....

More testing needed, but first impressions are the Junkiness continues, mores in 11.4.3 than 11.4.2 (for me, anyways).

View attachment 946547
Wow, your screen tilts?!? Tell me you also have Steam….

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc

View attachment 946547

Okay, test route #2 using the latest version of “J”… This route has construction, roundabouts, sharp left turn and of course, a HomeDepot.

Conditions/Nav/Vehicle: Same.

Going to HD, I followed a lead car all the way. ZERO interventions (really, WTF?!). It handled all challenges okay; probably because of the lead car.

Returning, the yoke spazzed out leaving the lot into the main road, where there was construction. Still some blinker issues, but no interventions. The roundabout in the return was okay, but not as good as when following a lead car. Same gate and red hand issues as before. I will continue to test, until I get to the point where where it’s junky. Will definitely doing third test…. Still, it’s not as smooth as 11.4.2.

IMG_7814.jpeg

IMG_7815.jpeg

Reactions: SSDTester#1
Did a quick 11.4.3 drive this morning before morning rush hour traffic. 11.4.3 possibly uses more regen than 11.4.2 and slightly smoother coming to stops.

One of the more obvious observations is odd steering input. Whereas 11.4.2 had jerky steering input when vehicle was stopped, 11.4.3 has jerky steering input on initial turns while ego is moving. It feels like FSDj is trying to avoid an accident. I didn't think the gawd awful steering control could get worse but there it is.

Still poor decision-making and indecisiveness with unprotected left turns. It doesn't take obvious traffic openings and attempts turns when the opening isn't there. Seems a bit better than 50-50 %.

Did 2 roundabouts and it felt the same with indecisiveness and stopping at a yield sign when no traffic was present.

I followed a lead vehicle into a construction zone and it still was eventful as I needed to coax it forward with accel push and eventually needed disengagement as FSDj wanted to get off the road while initiating crazy turn signals so no significant improvement there.

The real test will be how well 11.4.3 responds with traffic.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
Did a quick 11.4.3 drive this morning before morning rush hour traffic. 11.4.3 possibly uses more regen than 11.4.2 and slightly smoother coming to stops.

I have to agree. One of the more obvious observations is odd steering input. Whereas 11.4.2 had jerky steering input when vehicle was stopped, 11.4.3 has jerky steering input on initial turns while ego is moving. It feels like FSDj is trying to avoid an accident. I didn't think the gawd awful steering control could get worse but there it is.

Still poor decision-making and indecisiveness with unprotected left turns. It doesn't take obvious traffic openings and attempts turns when the opening isn't there. Seems a bit better than 50-50 %.

Did 2 roundabouts and it felt the same with indecisiveness and stopping at a yield sign when no traffic was present.

I followed a lead vehicle into a construction zone and it still was eventful as I needed to coax it forward with accel push and eventually needed disengagement as FSDj wanted to get off the road while initiating crazy turn signals so no significant improvement there.

The real test will be how well 11.4.3 responds with traffic.
Yep, yep… FSDj

Reactions: kabin