Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got the new FSD update and I noticed that the car suddenly for no special reason decided to move toward the center of the road.

Luckily I was holding firmly my steering wheel, but my passengers noticed it, and after few occurences I decided not using FSD when I have pasengers.

I'm now waiting hopefully for an update release. I wonder if other users also experienced this issue?
I had a couple issues like that recently when "Tesla tried to kill me"

I’ll have to double check. I haven’t noticed my changing.
I am not an FSD "fanatic", but it seems to me the last several iterations are getting somewhat less predictable. I noticed different behavior of the same FSD version in the same place under similar conditions on two different days. It might be hard to notice any change over long time until something happens.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I recently got the new FSD update and I noticed that the car suddenly for no special reason decided to move toward the center of the road.

Luckily I was holding firmly my steering wheel, but my passengers noticed it, and after few occurences I decided not using FSD when I have pasengers.

I'm now waiting hopefully for an update release. I wonder if other users also experienced this issue?
Had that also, sent voice message dangerous.

That is an attribute of the new release. Perhaps it could do it a bit smoother. With a previous version my car would always go into the the shoulder of the road in the street where I live. With the latest version it doesn’t do that anymore and aligns itself more to the centre of the the road. It is much better in that regard.

In 2022, there was a decided tendency of the betas available at the time to swing hard right on a left turn and hard left on a right turn. Especially true of not-completely lined roads where it was unprotected rights and unprotected lefts. I mean: Take a widish two-lane road with a yellow stripe down the middle. On a left turn, the car would go from the center to within a foot of the right curb, then hesitatingly, with jerks, turn left.

In fact, if one was in a protected left turn lane and was first in line at the red light and stopped, the car would be right-of-center on the lane and the wheel would be canted to the right by fifteen or more degrees.

With 10.69.3 (or whatever the latest one was) this behavior was lessened somewhat. There was a hint of that swerve; the car still wouldn't hug the center line just before a left turn, but the wild (and I do mean wild) swerving to the right when turning left was vastly reduced.

On 11.4.2, the bad days are back. A couple of days ago I darn near got into an accident when, on a wide single lane road that provides a lot of room for people to come by on the right when one is doing a left, the car swerved to within 6 feet of the right-hand-side curb; an innocent bystander following me decided to go by on the left, and then the car tried to cut to the left, directly into the car that was passing me. I didn't wait to find out if the car would have stopped, I took over.

Since then, it's obvious that the Bad Old Days Are Back and the car is swerving all over the road in the opposite direction of the turn on both left and right unprotected turns. I must have reported this behavior a half-dozen times over the past three days.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I'm normally not one to complain about FSD beta but this one deserves a post.

I was approaching a green light and it turned yellow. The car had plenty of time to react but did not. I noticed that there was no cross traffic waiting so I decided to wait and see what the car would do. The light turned red about 70-100 feet before the intersection and the car did not stop. It continued through the intersection on the red light. About 100 feet beyond the far side of the intersection it started braking and a 'Stopping for red light' message popped up on the screen. At that point I disengaged and sent the voice message that the car ran the red light. There was no reason to run the light. No sun in its eyes, etc. Plenty of time to start braking when the light turned yellow.

I'm done with this version (11.4.2) after that event.

I'm normally not one to complain about FSD beta but this one deserves a post.

I was approaching a green light and it turned yellow. The car had plenty of time to react but did not. I noticed that there was no cross traffic waiting so I decided to wait and see what the car would do. The light turned red about 70-100 feet before the intersection and the car did not stop. It continued through the intersection on the red light. About 100 feet beyond the far side of the intersection it started braking and a 'Stopping for red light' message popped up on the screen. At that point I disengaged and sent the voice message that the car ran the red light. There was no reason to run the light. No sun in its eyes, etc. Plenty of time to start braking when the light turned yellow.

I'm done with this version (11.4.2) after that event.
When I reported similar FSDj safety issues a few weeks back, called this “Junk,” and did as you did (stopped using said Junk),the FSDp fanboy community came forth with pitchforks and chants! Especially the Floridian (aka, “Florida man…”), @Ramphex and his sidekicks, @FSDtester#1 and @WilliamG😝

IMG_7442.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and Bull
My problem with FSD Beta 11.4.2 is with the HVAC. Now the car mostly jumps in increments of 2 degrees Fahrenheit instead of doing each degree. The mobile app still shows the correct numbers, but the car screen will show 64 twice, then 66 twice, then 68 twice, etc.
Can confirm. The cabin temperature can only be adjusted in 2° steps from the right scroll wheel (with the temp function assigned to that wheel). The temperature can still be adjusted in 1° steps from the flat-panel display.

Can confirm. The cabin temperature can only be adjusted in 2° steps from the right scroll wheel (with the temp function assigned to that wheel). The temperature can still be adjusted in 1° steps from the flat-panel display.
I have my units set to celsius and it still adjusts in 0.5º C increments like it always has. Try switching the units to see what happens (then try switching back and see if it continues)