Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not defending Tesla's actions. I feel for you guys and I think Tesla should have let everyone know from the outset that yoke cars weren't going to be eligible yet. But I do agree that yoke cars should be excluded. That's my opinion only, but I have 35 years professional experience with a yoke, so I know yokes. (Military and airline pilot.) In my professional opinion, FSD Beta is not ready yet for a yoke car. I am more optimistic than others in that I think soon it will be. That's my opinion. Perhaps if I drove a Plaid I'd change my mind; I can only go by the experience I have.
the big problem here is stringing the yoke drivers along for 2 weeks with the whole safety score debacle and grandma driving. it's a bitter pill to swallow to go through that, get a 100 score, keep it and not receive FSD in return. a little bit of communication here in advance would have generated a lot of understanding/good will. that ship has sailed.

@Nakk No argument with your points. How do you explain Tesla’s actions here?

1) Incompetence
2) Hidden agenda? Meaning they lets us think we would get it when pushing the button, but knew up front they only wanted us to give them permission to capture the data off of our cars…
3) Other, please explain; but do so in context with the facts (button offered, yoke improvement release blocked, tweets that all with 100 scores would get it in wave 1, those other 100 not getting it today - blocked, silence on all aforementioned issues)
probably just dumb oversight.....

The cabin camera seems decent at detecting eyes through my glasses so far, based on a sample size of one. I was at a red light and noted the car ahead of the car directly in front of me popping in and out of existence on the screen while its brake lights would persist for some reason, so I took my phone out to record just as the light turned green and the car immediately chimed and told me to pay attention to the road. Pretty impressive as a one off since that was the only time today I had my phone out when it wasn’t a solid red ahead of me.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: HighZ and EVNow
the big problem here is stringing the yoke drivers along for 2 weeks with the whole safety score debacle and grandma driving. it's a bitter pill to swallow to go through that, get a 100 score, keep it and not receive FSD in return. a little bit of communication here in advance would have generated a lot of understanding/good will. that ship has sailed.
Many hours ago, it sailed!

Safety score does seem to be disappearing from those that received the FSD Beta.

Safety Score information still appears to being sent to Tesla but whether Tesla is doing anything with it or not is anyone's guess. It appears viewing the app perhaps triggers the app to remove the display as people can often see the score initially, but it seems to be gone within 15-30 minutes of the initial view. I had multiple Tesla apps on different devices and could see the Safety scores including new drives today until I opened the app. In each case the app no longer showed the score about 15-30 minutes later. I successfully viewed the score ~7 hours apart on different devices so it seems related to the app.

Hopefully, we are not still be silently scored (at least with the the current Safety Score method).
I am not having this experience & received beta email at about 3:05am EST .. checked score after various drives, still shows…iOS 15, version 4.1 of the app. I would prefer it disappear as i am freaked out they will boot me if I let loose again too much…!

Tonight at 3 am, Jeb gets Fsd beta... Still pissed he didn't get it earlier, goes for a 150 mph "test drive". Another Tesla beta driver happens to be in his way (the dumbass who ran the red-light)... his Plaid tries an evasive maneuver to get out of the way. The yoke spins 32 times in 1 second braking his arms and wrists.... 9 months later EM settles at $100 million for Jeb's pain and suffering.... sorry, that was a dream I just had.

Excluding the Model S refresh could also be a temporary technical limitation. All the cars that received 10.2 today were moved over to radarless Tesla Vision. I don't think any of the refresh vehicles have radarless firmware versions, do they? So maybe something about the refresh hardware requires additional work before it can be moved over to Tesla Vision.

Reactions: HighZ
So glad that I didn't pay $10k for this. LOL

I'm happy with the monthly subscription from time to time as needed. After seeing some of ya'll posts, I'm leaning towards opting out of the beta FSD. Auto lane change is good for me. I don't need to aggravate the lovely fellow L.A. drivers anymore than I have to. I think I pissed them enough for the last 2 weeks driving like a grandma on elephant tranquilizer. I actually cancelled my order on MS. Not sure how well it will work with the FSD with spinning wheels. LOL

Hope Lucid Air will be a wake up call for Tesla to fix their incompetence. Really want a working Cybertruck tho.

Oh by the way, revisit my post in a month.

Predictions
#1. Tesla will halt pushing Beta FSD in few weeks noting that it's NOT safe to be used my the masses that has less than a perfect score.
#2. TSLA will tank with the fail of Beta FSD. Without FSD, Tesla is no more better than Chevy Bolt.
#3. Class Lawsuit coming with previous FSD owners. C'mon, are you this ignorant to buy a BETA for $10k and feel proud that you are an early adopter and play the Elon game to put a score on your driving skills as an adult? Every friggn year Musk promised Robotaxi and the completion of FSD. God... you guys are really dumb to fall for it every single year. LMAO. Funny thing is that he made all of drive like a unsafe fool to prove that we are worthy of his BETA crap. In all honesty, I'm that ignorant fool that actually contemplated of running a yellow light so I won't be dinged for an "abrupt" stop. BTW its BRAKE not BREAK.
#4. Let's be honest here. We are all chums... and EM is probably saying, "god these fanbois are really stupid". LOL
#5. HW 5-8 coming soon. There's no way HW4 will be able to handle the NN complexity.
#6. Our current cameras are not "optimal" for the FSD. You ever wonder why Tesla did a camera test late last year? Look it up. Every Tesla needs an upgrade of hardware for FSD to work flawlessly. Our Nintendo 64 hardware on our Tesla's not going to cut it.

Stop being a fool. At least Apple delivers under Jobs.

Tonight at 3 am, Jeb gets Fsd beta... Still pissed he didn't get it earlier, goes for a 150 mph "test drive". Another Tesla beta driver happens to be in his way (the dumbass who ran the red-light)... his Plaid tries an evasive maneuver to get out of the way. The yoke spins 32 times in 1 second braking his arms and wrists.... 9 months later EM settles at $100 million for Jeb's pain and suffering.... sorry, that was a dream I just had.
Woo-hoooooo!

I'm happy with the monthly subscription from time to time as needed. After seeing some of ya'll posts, I'm leaning towards opting out of the beta FSD. Auto lane change is good for me. I don't need to aggravate the lovely fellow L.A. drivers anymore than I have to. I think I pissed them enough for the last 2 weeks driving like a grandma on elephant tranquilizer. I actually cancelled my order on MS. Not sure how well it will work with the FSD with spinning wheels. LOL

Hope Lucid Air will be a wake up call for Tesla to fix their incompetence. Really want a working Cybertruck tho.

Predictions
#1. Tesla will halt pushing Beta FSD in few weeks noting that it's NOT safe to be used my the masses that has less than a perfect score.
#2. TSLA will tank with the fail of Beta FSD. Without FSD, Tesla is no more better than Chevy Bolt.
#3. Class Lawsuit coming with previous FSD owners. C'mon, are you this ignorant to buy a BETA for $10k and feel proud that you are an early adopter and play the Elon game to put a score on your driving skills as an adult? Every friggn year Musk promised Robotaxi and the completion of FSD. God... you guys are really dumb to fall for it every single year. LMAO. Funny thing is that he made all of drive like a unsafe fool to prove that we are worthy of his BETA crap. In all honesty, I'm that ignorant fool that actually contemplated of running a yellow light so I won't be dinged for an "abrupt" stop. BTW its BRAKE not BREAK.
#4. Let's be honest here. We are all chums... and EM is probably saying, "god these fanbois are really stupid". LOL
#5. HW 5-8 coming soon. There's no way HW4 will be able to handle the NN complexity.
#6. Our current cameras are not "optimal" for the FSD. You ever wonder why Tesla did a camera test late last year? Look it up. Every Tesla needs an upgrade of hardware for FSD to work flawlessly. Our Nintendo 64 hardware on our Tesla's not going to cut it.

Jobs is dead and hasn’t delivered anything in years!

🤣

Predictions

Did you create a new account here just to troll Tesla owners? Call me when any other manufacturer has even basic lane keep assist that can handle more than the gentlest of curves…I’ll wait.

By the way, I know at least 3 MS owners with FSD that passed away in the last year. They never even got to use the FSD. RIP Life is short. Demand what you pay for. You guys hyping are cancer to this society. You are just as bad as EM with empty promises.
Life is short, and remember, you can always make more money, but you can’t make more time! Sometimes the aggravation and BS makes a journey simply not worth it. Best to get off the train ASAP, in those cases. I did, work wise, and hung the hat up at 52. Too much BS. Not worth it.

Reactions: Phlier
By the way, I know at least 3 MS owners with FSD that passed away in the last year. They never even got to use the FSD. RIP Life is short. Demand what you pay for. You guys hyping are cancer to this society. You are just as bad as EM with empty promises.
Tesla doesn't have what we paid for - yet. You can always sue to get what you paid for back ...

Afterall, if Tesla had released their fsd alpha/beta to everyone - some of those lives might have been shorter.