Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Safety score is gone on my 100/100 model 3 with FSD beta…safety score is still there for my 100/100 model Y where I am still waiting for my FSD
I think they turned of safety score for everyone. I bet if you kill your tesla apps a few times, it'll go away. So that begs the question, our the safety scores locked in for good? Those with 99 will stay 99 and get it when they expand again?? Someone ask musk on twitter! Lol I dont have twitter

My SafertyScore also disappeared. Around 2p CST today, after approx. 3 hours of using FSD Beta.
Interestingly, SafetyScore is still showing in my wife’s Tesla app. We share the same Tesla account login & currently own only 1 Tesla vehicle (MYLR, which received FSD Beta today). We hard reset the app on her phone & SafetyScore is still there. She’s also seeing data for trips that were completed AFTER the S/S section disappeared in my app.

Someone ask musk on twitter! Lol I dont have twitter
Musk probably gets a million "mentions" on twitter. He only answers some known youtubers - or once in a while some random person with 3 followers.

The only way to get his attention on twitter is to get one of the well known youtubers to ask the question for you. Even then it only increases the probability - doesn't guarantee an answer.

Reactions: Matias
Interestingly, SafetyScore is still showing in my wife’s Tesla app. We share the same Tesla account login & currently own only 1 Tesla vehicle (MYLR, which received FSD Beta today). We hard reset the app on her phone & SafetyScore is still there. She’s also seeing data for trips that were completed AFTER the S/S section disappeared in my app.
Well damn. This is confusing. I guess we go back to normal driving. Lol

Reactions: Sporty and jebinc
Nope. Maybe it depends on whether you drove recently or something - or more likely it's just random. Seems to me like the Score reporting page is just unreliable, as usual. (I have FSD Beta. I last drove very very early this morning, and that score registered.)
Looks like mine has finally disappeared (restarted the app again), no driving required. The gradual wave of removal continues I guess....

Maybe they're going to fix the two-button reset bug and roll out version 2 of Safety Score! No sense in encouraging people to get a good score if 1) You're going to wipe out their scores soon and start over with the new scoring or 2) you're not going to expand the beta further.

I think they turned of safety score for everyone. I bet if you kill your tesla apps a few times, it'll go away. So that begs the question, our the safety scores locked in for good? Those with 99 will stay 99 and get it when they expand again?? Someone ask musk on twitter! Lol I dont have twitter
Disagree. Safety score I think is still there for anyone who doesn’t have FSD beta

New FSD user with my 2nd post for the day
  • Disappointed in general but not surprised. Old road system in Mass can be daunting.
  • Drove past my street every time even though FSD showed it would be turning. FSD disengaged itself 20 meters past the road. Maybe a map issue?
  • Opposite end of my street requires slowing to 5mph and then creeping around the evergreens that obscure the street. Have no idea how the B pillar cameras will solve this. When creeping gets discussed its usually regarding turning onto a busy street. In this case its creeping to turn into a small obstructed street. Very different.
  • I view the lack of forward cameras as the achilles heel of FSD. Either have an A pillar camera or add a 2nd camera to the fender located cameras. Hope I'm wrong but some parts of the road system where I live is just not like California. Not even close.
  • Its possible the front most camera can see well enough but I don't know that so my first instinct is to disengage. It would be great when the "creeping message appears on the screen to show what the camera sees. That might eliminate most disengagements.
  • With 20-30 mph speed limits acceleration is much to fast. In general speed changes are too abrupt.
  • When approach and stopping at intersections the car was often slightly in the other lane. This caused several cars to swing way around me to make their turn. Not happy campers!. Then my car had to make a unnatural tight 90 degree left or right hand turn with very limited lane width.
  • Rotaries- maybe better luck next time
  • Lane changes at pretty much every time it was needed was very late and very harsh.
  • I have to give kudos to the early FSD beta testers who had to endure far worse then I had to today. Thanks to all of you.
  • I definitely believe there is something to the California advantage. The videos from Whole Mars Catalog certainly were much better then what I experienced today. Even Elon admitted some truth to that so I'm hoping with other parts of the country helping the neural net training my drives will improve quickly.
  • Highway merging was improved. Otherwise the same problems that others have reported for highway driving still exist. Problems like moving to a faster lane when your exit is coming up or failing to move to the right lane much sooner when traffic is heavy. Or trying to move to a faster lane forcing the driver behind me to either brake or get pissed at "my driving". Hopefully combining the stacks will address those problems.
  • Cyclists- car definitely moved a little left but not far enough IMO. My wife in the passenger seat commented on this as well.
I suspect that after a few more days I'll begin to appreciate all the cool things FSD does but definitely do not think FSD is ready for a widespread rollout. If I wasn't paying close attention no doubt I would have been in an accident.

Last edited:
People without beta are also posting that their scores are disappearing? Can those without beta confirm what's in their app? Hard kill your apps a few times though and see if its still there or not
I drove my wife’s model 3 today that I worked hard to get FSD beta while she wrecked my mode Y’s score…after a long, hard fought battle I got the Y back up to 100 for the day…the score doesn’t seem to be disappearing for my Y.

Edit: for one trip she actually had a 3.3% hard braking and an 11.3% aggressive turning…so hard to bring that hard braking down, aggressive turning is child’s play

Reactions: jebinc
New FSD user with my 2nd post for the day
  • Disappointed in general but not surprised. Old road system in Mass can be daunting.
  • Drove past my street every time even though FSD showed it would be turning. FSD disengaged itself 20 meters past the road. Maybe a map issue?
  • Opposite end of my street requires slowing to 5mph and then creeping around the evergreens that obscure the street. Have no idea how the B pillar cameras will solve this. When creeping gets discussed its usually regarding turning onto a busy street. In this case its creeping to turn into a small obstructed street. Very different.
  • I view the lack of forward cameras as the achilles heel of FSD. Either have an A pillar camera or add a 2nd camera to the fender located cameras. Hope I'm wrong but some parts of the road system where I live is just not like California. Not even close.
  • Its possible the front most camera can see well enough but I don't know that so my first instinct is to disengage. It would be great when the "creeping message appears on the screen to show what the camera sees. That might eliminate most disengagements.
  • With 20-30 mph speed limits acceleration is much to fast. In general speed changes are too abrupt.
  • When approach and stopping at intersections the car was often slightly in the other lane. This caused several cars to swing way around me to make their turn. Not happy campers!. Then my car had to make a unnatural tight 90 degree left or right hand turn with very limited lane width.
  • Rotaries- maybe better luck next time
  • Lane changes at pretty much every time it was needed was very late and very harsh.
  • I have to give kudos to the early FSD beta testers who had to endure far worse then I had to today. Thanks to all of you.
  • I definitely believe there is something to the California advantage. The videos from Whole Mars Catalog certainly were much better then what I experienced today. Even Elon admitted some truth to that so I'm hoping with other parts of the country helping the neural net training my drives will improve quickly.
  • Highway merging was improved. Otherwise the same problems that others have reported for highway driving still exist. Problems like moving to a faster lane when your exit is coming up or failing to move to the right lane much sooner when traffic is heavy. Or trying to move to a faster lane forcing the driver behind me to either brake or get pissed at "my driving". Hopefully combining the stacks will address those problems.
I suspect that after a few more days I'll begin to appreciate all the cool things FSD does but definitely do not think FSD is ready for a widespread rollout. If I wasn't paying close attention no doubt I would have been in an accident.
I feel your pains. glad we're able to help train the NN for this region.

I will say though when I was in LA this summer, they have stupid intersection designs as well that I think FSD beta would bomb.

Reactions: drs1901 and jebinc
Safety score does seem to be disappearing from those that received the FSD Beta.

Safety Score information still appears to being sent to Tesla but whether Tesla is doing anything with it or not is anyone's guess. It appears viewing the app perhaps triggers the app to remove the display as people can often see the score initially, but it seems to be gone within 15-30 minutes of the initial view. I had multiple Tesla apps on different devices and could see the Safety scores including new drives today until I opened the app. In each case the app no longer showed the score about 15-30 minutes later. I successfully viewed the score ~7 hours apart on different devices so it seems related to the app.

Hopefully, we are not still be silently scored (at least with the the current Safety Score method).

Reactions: dcesq06
Maybe they're going to fix the two-button reset bug and roll out version 2 of Safety Score! No sense in encouraging people to get a good score if 1) You're going to wipe out their scores soon and start over with the new scoring or 2) you're not going to expand the beta further.
In the beginning Musk said they will see how we drive for 7 days. They now have data from everyone for 14 days. It would actually make sense to just use the score they got in the Friday/Saturday snapshot for future expansion. But continue collecting data to create better (or less bad) safety score formula.

So I turned on FSD beta autopilot with no destination in my gps and it literally started going and took a turn I have no clue where it was about to take me 😂😂😂😂 has anyone else tries this?
Do you have a "work" address configured ? It will take you there. If you were somewhere else - it will take you home.

ps : My guess. Have not checked it.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: powertoold