Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching these videos of people who got it are not filling me with confidence that the rest of us are going to get it soon. Not because of the software as much as people are letting really dumb stuff happen. Just watched a video where a guy said his car got part way through an intersection and the car stopped while it was trying to figure it out and "the other car definitely had to hit its brakes or it would of T-boned us", another where they let it run a red light at an intersection (in that case it was middle of the night and good visibility with no traffic so I guess not real unsafe but) I just feel like something really bad is going to happen and things are going to get put on hold, especially when the regulators get involved and say "even the safest drivers that tesla tested couldn't prevent the car from crashing" Not to mention the videos of people who clearly haven't been following FSD progression and don't know some of the basic things. I find myself yelling at my monitor like someone watching a football game with a team that is doing some really stupid stuff lol.

Reactions: edseloh and K5TRX
Went for two pretty bad drives today and have decided to re-calibrate the cameras before doing any more FSD drives after multiple disengagements on what should be simple turns in my neighborhood. City/Residential Roads that previously worked fine with NoA are much worse now just maintaining lane position. I know some of the original FSD beta testers experienced similar problems and re-calibration made a significant difference. I'm hoping for the same because they way FSD drives now is pretty much unusable.

From what I've seen from the previous posts, most are disappointed with the performance of the beta FSD. Once you have the beta FSD, will you be able to revert back?

IMHO this is not a BETA but a mere compiling data for Tesla to use sacrificing your safety and greater "wear and tear" of your car. In past few days of viewing youtube video of 10.2 FSD veering into opposite lanes, coming inches away from hitting a cyclist, running over potholes, and increased phantom braking is not what I envisioned after trying so hard to get a perfect FSD score.

But lets all be naive here and excuse the Tesla Dev team and Elon knew nothing of these issue.

I'd like to make a very bold statement here.

NO one below of 100 will get beta FSD in the near future. In fact, not until next year until Samsung starts to install HW4.
Let's face it. FSD is an utter failure no where near being completed for prime time.

BE Glad that you didn't qualify for beta FSD. Enjoy your AP and limited FSD with lane change option.
With beta FSD, you have an offensive car while you need to be a defensive driver. Don't need anymore stress driving in L.A.

Once you have the beta FSD, will you be able to revert back?
Rather than engage in an argument that basically involves my opinion vs. your opinion, I'm just going to answer your question and leave it at that.

Yes, you can turn FSD Beta on/off at will. When you turn it off, you go back to the current publicly released version of FSD.

There is absolutely no way that any company, Tesla or otherwise, will be able to develop the first full self drive system without making some people mad. There is just no way to perfectly accomplish this so that everyone involved is happy from day one until release day of a fully fledged, non beta release.

As such, I'll just read people's opinions, and let them feel the way they're gonna feel without attempting to change their minds.

I would suggest, however, that before you form a solid opinion about something, you at least experience it for yourself first.

OH wow I didnt think about that. I'll clean mine today too. Recalibrating them takes a while right? I dont even remember the instructions for that.

I hadn't thought about cleaning the cameras either, but today I went for a drive and got the car washed first. Shortly after, I was at a stoplight and I got a pop up message notifying me that the front cameras were dirty and it automatically turned on the windshield wipers and cleaning spray. I thought it was kind of funny because my car hadn't been washed in a few months and RIGHT after washing it, I get that notification. Maybe there was some soap residue or just water droplets near the front cameras?

I only did a short drive today and ran into a few more odd decisions that FSD made. At one stoplight, the lane I was in was going straight and it's kind of a wide lane (exiting a neighborhood). The car couldn't seem to make up its mind about where to be and kept rapidly adjusting the wheel and ended up at a weird angle aimed a little towards the left turn lane, so I had to disengage and correct that. It also chose to change lanes into the right lane on a two-lane street, even though I had a left turn coming up in less than half a mile. I used the signal to change lanes, but it it took longer to respond than usual. And finally, at a left turn stoplight, right as I was coming to a stop at the light, it jerked the wheel to the right really hard. I wasn't completely stopped, so I naturally broke out of FSD just by having to correct the wheel. I have no idea what that was about.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
From what I've seen from the previous posts, most are disappointed with the performance of the beta FSD. Once you have the beta FSD, will you be able to revert back?

IMHO this is not a BETA but a mere compiling data for Tesla to use sacrificing your safety and greater "wear and tear" of your car. In past few days of viewing youtube video of 10.2 FSD veering into opposite lanes, coming inches away from hitting a cyclist, running over potholes, and increased phantom braking is not what I envisioned after trying so hard to get a perfect FSD score.

But lets all be naive here and excuse the Tesla Dev team and Elon knew nothing of these issue.

NO one below of 100 will get beta FSD in the near future. In fact, not until next year until Samsung starts to install HW4.
Let's face it. FSD is an utter failure no where near being completed for prime time.

BE Glad that you didn't qualify for beta FSD. Enjoy your AP and limited FSD with lane change option.
With beta FSD, you have an offensive car while you need to be a defensive driver. Don't need anymore stress driving in L.A.

@ethankailey In all my rage about the refreshed MSs getting excluded, I lost track if you had the beta FSD release or not? With such bold statements and proclamations, I assume you do have it, yes?

Reactions: geekfam and Phlier
I expect you to come back here and apologize if you turn out to be wrong. I'll do the same if you are right.

But from all the years of reading naysayers - I'd say they never ever acknowledge their mistakes. May be you are different, we'll see.

Rather than engage in an argument that basically involves my opinion vs. your opinion, I'm just going to answer your question and leave it at that.

Yes, you can turn FSD Beta on/off at will. When you turn it off, you go back to the current publicly released version of FSD.

There is absolutely no way that any company, Tesla or otherwise, will be able to develop the first full self drive system without making some people mad. There is just no way to perfectly accomplish this so that everyone involved is happy from day one until release day of a fully fledged, non beta release.

As such, I'll just read people's opinions, and let them feel the way they're gonna feel without attempting to change their minds.

I would suggest, however, that before you form a solid opinion about something, you at least experience it for yourself first.
Thanks for the info.

My bad on my "opinionated" thoughts. I didn't realize when EM promised of full FSD by the year 2017 and since every year after that was just an "opinion" before people put down between $4k to $10k. Thinking about buying a new iPhone 13 but will have to put it on hold as it may or may not be used as a phone.

Thanks for the info.

My bad on my "opinionated" thoughts. I didn't realize when EM promised of full FSD by the year 2017 and since every year after that was just an "opinion" before people put down between $4k to $10k. Thinking about buying a new iPhone 13 but will have to put it on hold as it may or may not be used as a phone.
My "try it first" comment was in reference to FSD Beta.

You are certainly entitled to feel the way that you want to feel about the whole thing.... go ahead and be as mad as you want about failed promises, etc. That's your right, and it is also your choice.

We choose to feel the way we feel about things; you can choose to just be absolutely incensed about it, or you can take it in stride and say, "Hey, at least he's attempting to do what no one else has ever done before," and try to get through all the crap along the way with a smile on your face. Whichever you choose, it is your right to do so.

Go ahead and feel that way. I won't try to change your mind. I might not read your opinion going forward, but that, too, is my right. :)

I expect you to come back here and apologize if you turn out to be wrong. I'll do the same if you are right.

But from all the years of reading naysayers - I'd say they never ever acknowledge their mistakes. May be you are different, we'll see.
Fair enough. New's of halting beta FSD rollout should be coming out within a week. This was all a strategic move by Tesla/EM. We all got played. FSD is no where completion. PERIOD.

Fair enough. New's of halting beta FSD rollout should be coming out within a week. This was all a strategic move by Tesla/EM. We all got played. FSD is no where completion. PERIOD.
@ethankailey Since I created this thread, and while I'm pissed Tesla silently excluded THEIR yoke cars, I never expected the release to be anywhere near complete. Tesla needs more people to help train the NN and we all volunteered to do that by pushing the button.

And, since you didn't answer my question, about whether or not you are speaking form experience, or just channeling hate, I can only assume you don't have anything to report from a first hand experience perspective?

Given that, I bid you adieu!

Please hurry and make that 10th post! Trolls are such cute little critters though they do have sharp teeth.

Please hurry and make that 10th post! Trolls are such cute little critters though they do have sharp teeth.

Troll.jpg

By the way, I know at least 3 MS owners with FSD that passed away in the last year. They never even got to use the FSD. RIP Life is short. Demand what you pay for. You guys hyping are cancer to this society. You are just as bad as EM with empty promises.
You, Sir, are the epitome of the definition of "bitter." Every one of your posts is negative. Every. Single. One.