Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
his teeth don't look particularly sharp
Sorry, that was his nicer brother. My bad.

71AA724C-3287-4570-9143-E18AC42349DA.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Phlier
Not true. Small Claims Court suits are indeed allowed, even if one does not opt out of arbitration.

Inaccuracies like this spread like wildfire.
@rxlawdude But many states limit/define “small claims” to $2000 or less. Yes, in some states, a “small claim” can be defined as $10,000 or less. So, if you are not in a state with a high threshold, off to arbitration you go.

• Informative
@ethankailey Since I created this thread, and while I'm pissed Tesla silently excluded THEIR yoke cars, I never expected the release to be anywhere near complete. Tesla needs more people to help train the NN and we all volunteered to do that by pushing the button.

And, since you didn't answer my question, about whether or not you are speaking form experience, or just channeling hate, I can only assume you don't have anything to report from a first hand experience perspective?

Given that, I bid you adieu!
You have no idea of how disappointed I am. I know 3 of my closest friend with Tesla FSD passed away in recent months never got to use it. 2 of which worked with top 3 automaker as a sw developer. It wasn't until they started to look deep inside of Tesla sw/hw that with the current component's, there was no way in hell that FSD LV/4/5 was not even close within the reach of completion.

Back in 2016 EM stated that all its vehicles going forward will be produced with all the hardware necessary to achieve full self-driving capability with future software updates which was completely a LIE. Nvidia computer that powered its original self-driving hardware suite didn’t have enough computing power, and the TESLA ended up upgrading the computer twice. Yours and mine don't have the computing power to achieve full FSD. Samsung's FSD HW4 will make it closer but not until HW5 or HW6 comes completed. So yeah Tesla Cybertruck will probably have the HW4 or better known as FSD Computer 2 so I'm stoked about it.

I'm paying $199 subscription of my half baked FSD and god knows how sickening some of you poor souls that purchased at $4k to $10k on an option that will not be even ready to be safely used until probably in next several years. Any yet, you sit there taking it like a champ. I'm so proud that you are taking it for the team. LOL. Stop being a pu$@#y. Take actions and demand what you paid for and stop making excuses for Tesla.

I’m sure a lot of guys know this, but for the guys that don’t …

You have 30 days after you buy your new Tesla to opt out of arbitration. Please read your documents for the specifics of how to do so.

I made the decision to not opt-out when I bought my car, but I think I’ll be opting out when I get my next one.

@rxlawdude , if a guy hasn’t opted out of arbitration, does that mean they are not eligible to join a class action suit against Tesla should one come up?

I‘m honestly not interested in joining a class action, I’m just curious from an investors stand point; I’d like to know how bad things could get if someone does start a class action against Tesla for the way they have marketed FSD. Basically, I’d like to know how big the class could be. If guys that didn’t opt-out of arbitration can’t join the class action, it might limit Tesla’s potential loss? Or am I completely off base here?

Bah… now I’m wondering if I’m over stepping my bounds here… I don’t fly for free, I expect to be paid, so I totally understand if this is something that goes beyond what should be expected as far as free legal education goes.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
@rxlawdude , if a guy hasn’t opted out of arbitration, does that mean they are not eligible to join a class action suit against Tesla should one come up?

According to internet ...

If you do have an arbitration clause in your oil and gas lease, and should you have a dispute, can you institute a class action arbitration in which other landowners with oil and gas rights and/or royalty owners can be included in your action? It can be done, but only if the arbitration clause explicitly or implicitly allows for class action arbitration.

The United States Supreme Court has made it clear that “a party may not be compelled . . . to submit to class arbitration unless there is contractual basis for concluding that the party agreed to do so.”

• Informative
Elon has been wrong so many times. He’s failed to deliver so many things. There are so many things he could have done better.

Yet he’s still fighting the good fight, trying to achieve something no one ever has before.

And he will continue to be wrong about so many things in the future.

I guess I’m just a <p word>, but I’ll keep pulling for him and hope he makes things as right as he can for those that feel so wronged by him.

But for me, I’ll save my anger, etc for stuff that’s far more important to me than the $10k I dropped on FSD.

It‘s just not even worth the tiniest raise in blood pressure, IMO.

The day that the software is done is the day that the software is done. I can choose to be as angry as I want along the way, but it still won’t matter; the day that the software is done is the day that it’ll be done. No amount of anger in the world will change that date.

I‘m just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

For those of us in Rockville, UT, who were unable to score 100, we thank you for your service. When I do finally get the beta (SS98) and come down to St. George, I will know who to thank for the seamless experience.😉
If you happen to find yourself here in St. George before that happens, I’d be happy to take you on an FSD Adventure. Just send me a DM here on the forum.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
if a guy hasn’t opted out of arbitration, does that mean they are not eligible to join a class action suit against Tesla should one come up?

Here is one more.

Looks to me class action may not be possible ...

Watching these videos of people who got it are not filling me with confidence that the rest of us are going to get it soon. Not because of the software as much as people are letting really dumb stuff happen. Just watched a video where a guy said his car got part way through an intersection and the car stopped while it was trying to figure it out and "the other car definitely had to hit its brakes or it would of T-boned us", another where they let it run a red light at an intersection (in that case it was middle of the night and good visibility with no traffic so I guess not real unsafe but) I just feel like something really bad is going to happen and things are going to get put on hold, especially when the regulators get involved and say "even the safest drivers that tesla tested couldn't prevent the car from crashing" Not to mention the videos of people who clearly haven't been following FSD progression and don't know some of the basic things. I find myself yelling at my monitor like someone watching a football game with a team that is doing some really stupid stuff lol.

I try not to watch the videos of youtuber wannabes. It's pretty clear who is producing good content and who is trying too hard. If you see people posting unsafe or unnecessarily dramatic events, give them a thumbs down. Also know that some of us who got it are taking the testing seriously.

I'm paying $199 subscription of my half baked FSD and god knows how sickening some of you poor souls that purchased at $4k to $10k on an option that will not be even ready to be safely used until probably in next several years. Any yet, you sit there taking it like a champ. I'm so proud that you are taking it for the team. LOL. Stop being a pu$@#y. Take actions and demand what you paid for and stop making excuses for Tesla.

sounds like you should just worry about yourself and not how others spend their money.

"MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences" ... Scroll through 5 pages of no actual experiences ... unwatch.

My experience w/ FSD Beta has been reading about those that have not experienced it.
That's the problem with giving it to the safest drivers, none of us want to use it. It's too dangerous and aggressive. I just went out to pick up bubble tea, and If I enabled FSD its going to spill it all over the car. I'm just going to marvel at the cool visualizations until the next build.

That's the problem with giving it to the safest drivers, none of us want to use it. It's too dangerous and aggressive. I just went out to pick up bubble tea, and If I enabled FSD its going to spill it all over the car. I'm just going to marvel at the cool visualizations until the next build.
I hope by the next build, we have all provided enough data in our areas for it to start working better. If that is indeed how it's working. I am pressing the record button as much as I can

Reactions: K2500Z71
I wonder if Tesla actually needs us to test the beta. If so, they do a really poor job of letting us know what they're interested in. With that, I don't think they want / need us to test?
If they don’t need us to test, my car is sure uploading a ton of worthless data.

Edit to add: If you are on a metered internet connection, you DO NOT want the FSD Beta if uploads count against your usage bill.

Reactions: K5TRX