Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My offsets are +24 and +15. Here are more pics as requested.

r3EsSG3.jpg

6VvmgI1.jpg

Yk2wgvB.jpg

cDdHUGd.jpg

New kicks are sick!

Lugnut recommendations for HRE wheels on the model 3? I know HRE sells sets for $100 which I might pickup, but wondering what others here are using. I don't have the wheels yet so don't know if they are conical, round, flat, etc. Also, I think a closed top might look better than a current open nut design, but am open to suggestions!

Lugnut recommendations for HRE wheels on the model 3? I know HRE sells sets for $100 which I might pickup, but wondering what others here are using. I don't have the wheels yet so don't know if they are conical, round, flat, etc. Also, I think a closed top might look better than a current open nut design, but am open to suggestions!

More than likely, you'll need conical, but the measurements are 14x1.5. Always best to check with the manufacturer or even the vendor the exact specs of lug nuts you need when it comes to length due to the lug seat thickness.

I'm just about to set out on a road trip with new PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4s. Will report back in a week.
So? How was it?

I'm finding it hard to decide between the Pilot Sport All-Season 4 and the CrossClimate+. Both cost roughly the same; I have the hunch that the PS A/S 4 is slightly better in warm weather than the CC+ but the little information I've found is a bit contradictory:

TireRack test data seems to slightly favor the PS A/S 4:
A Michelin representative gave me the following info, which seems to mostly favor the CC+:
  • Pilot Sport A/S 4: wear 10, fuel efficiency 9, handling 8, braking 9 and comfort 9.
  • Cross Climate +: wear 9, fuel efficiency 9, handling 10, braking 10 and comfort 9.
The CC+ was released in 2018, while the PS A/S 4 was just released in July 2020; it is a mystery to me why would Michelin release it if according to their numbers it isn't 'better' than the CC+ and is priced the same?

Also adding to the equation is the recent release of the CrossClimate 2 (successor to the CC+) which is not yet available for Tesla's sizes but could be soon. From their press release:
The CrossClimate2 will be available in 56 sizes, fitting 76% of the best-selling passenger cars and crossovers in the marketplace today. Currently 25 sizes are available. In early 2021, an additional 31 sizes will be available.

• Love
Reactions: tinkererguy
From the research I did the AS4 is definitely better for handling and braking in anything but heavy snow.

The CCs were better if you want an all season that can handle "real" winter, the AS4s better if you want an all season that can handle maybe light snow but mostly you just live someplace it gets below 40 degrees often enough to make the summer PS4s not a year-rounder.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Hi All,

Have my new Pearl White 2021 M3 LR Awd on order with standard aeros and was looking at having some aftermarket wheels ready for when it arrives. I want to take it straight from dealer to the garage to change the wheels before anything else.

I've managed to go through everyone of the 143 pages on this forum. Took me a few days. Looking at ideas.

As I am based in the UK, a lot of these wheels aren't available to me over here.

Originally I was going to go with Vmr V801 19" staggered.

However I've been offered an opportunity to buy some Niche Essen M147 Wheels with tires for a very inexpensive price.
61nThBovb8L.jpg

Niche.jpg

The only problem is their size.

21" 9.5j Fronts with 255/35 tires ET40
21" 10.5j Rears with 295/25 tires ET40

The stud pattern is 5x114.3, so that's fine. Centre bore will require hub plate.

So can someone here help me figure out if these wheels will fit as I haven't come across any 21" examples on these pages and with the 295/25 rear be OK as max I've seen is 275mm at the back.

Also will the front clear the steering knuckle.

Your help would be most appreciated. Thanks

Hi All,

Have my new Pearl White 2021 M3 LR Awd on order with standard aeros and was looking at having some aftermarket wheels ready for when it arrives. I want to take it straight from dealer to the garage to change the wheels before anything else.

I've managed to go through everyone of the 143 pages on this forum. Took me a few days. Looking at ideas.

As I am based in the UK, a lot of these wheels aren't available to me over here.

Originally I was going to go with Vmr V801 19" staggered.

However I've been offered an opportunity to buy some Niche Essen M147 Wheels with tires for a very inexpensive price.
View attachment 600967
View attachment 600968
The only problem is their size.

21" 9.5j Fronts with 255/35 tires ET40
21" 10.5j Rears with 295/25 tires ET40

The stud pattern is 5x114.3, so that's fine. Centre bore will require hub plate.

So can someone here help me figure out if these wheels will fit as I haven't come across any 21" examples on these pages and with the 295/25 rear be OK as max I've seen is 275mm at the back.

Also will the front clear the steering knuckle.

Your help would be most appreciated. Thanks

The front tires will likely rub on the knuckles.. You'll need 245/30/21. I have Signature SV305S 21x9 front and 21x11 rear wheels on 245/30/21 and 295/25/21 MPS4S tires lowered on MPP comfort coilovers. Definitely a bumpy ride with very little sidewall.

Last edited: