Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Comprehensive Road-Course Modification Guide — Optimizing the 3 for the track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this actually possible though? Most of the time changing camber heavily changes toe. I haven't modeled the suspension on the 3 yet, but given my experience aligning street/race cars over the last 20 year I can't imagine it would work differently.
I plan to check how the toe will go off after switching pill which should change from -1.5 to -3.5.

I was laughed hard here when I said I will just measure toe arm in both positions and adjust together with pill rotation, but I did it before and it worked fine.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 5.50.09 PM.png
I’m figuring out a way to save/share laps for each track for reference. To do that needs a lot of additional metadata. I’ve been making a way to capture the data that isn’t in the telemetry file. Would like input from people on what to add, also what are the popular custom wheel/tire/brake upgrades (to add to menus) and what are the right ways to list suspension options, setup and parts upgrades?
This is being worked on for the next version of adrianco/rs-tesla-telemetry

Last edited:
View attachment 609394 I’m figuring out a way to save/share laps for each track for reference. To do that needs a lot of additional metadata. I’ve been making a way to capture the data that isn’t in the telemetry file. Would like input from people on what to add, also what are the popular custom wheel/tire/brake upgrades (to add to menus) and what are the right ways to list suspension options, setup and parts upgrades?
This is being worked on for the next version of adrianco/rs-tesla-telemetry
I got a better image, and added some of the options discussed at the beginning of this thread.
Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 10.18.19 PM.png

The modded front fenders and the camber are what gets those 315's to fit. Ride height is 26.5 inches measured from ground to middle of the finder.
I'd recommend not measuring in this way. Tire size, wheel size and even tire pressure will affect this measurement. The best way to measure is from the center of the hub to the top of the fender as that removes all of the variability concerning wheel and tire sizing.

I am always looking for a cooling solution to use in the championship that we will start in 2021. I have studied the solutions used in the Jevra EV (I think you know it) and they seem effective, the cars that have a cooling system (water sprayers) can easily do 30km with the battery on "green".

Looking, I found this company that produces a kit using co2 to cool, has anyone tried it? CryO2 Products | Design Engineering Inc

I am always looking for a cooling solution to use in the championship that we will start in 2021. I have studied the solutions used in the Jevra EV (I think you know it) and they seem effective, the cars that have a cooling system (water sprayers) can easily do 30km with the battery on "green".

Looking, I found this company that produces a kit using co2 to cool, has anyone tried it? CryO2 Products | Design Engineering Inc
Where did you study it? My Japanese is not very good.

Where did you study it? My Japanese is not very good.

Google translate. :) I also contacted the drivers and carefully watched all the videos of the races, depending on the track you can do up to 40km before the battery changes "color" in the display.

They confirmed to me that, except in a circuit where they save battery, they drive with the accelerator at full throttle.

Google translate. :) I also contacted the drivers and carefully watched all the videos of the races, depending on the track you can do up to 40km before the battery changes "color" in the display.

They confirmed to me that, except in a circuit where they save battery, they drive with the accelerator at full throttle.
Any photos that you've found?

So what kind of tires have people been using lately? Track burns through the RE71R for sure, looking at

Nanking AR1
Hankook RS4
Federal RS595 RR
Yokohoma A052 (faster but burns even quicker)
Pilot Sport 4S

thoughts on how these rank in performance vs survive a number of laps (when properly camber adjusted of course)

So what kind of tires have people been using lately? Track burns through the RE71R for sure, looking at

Nanking AR1
Hankook RS4
Federal RS595 RR
Pilot Sport 4S

thoughts on how these rank in performance vs survive a number of laps (when properly camber adjusted of course)
Swap PS4S for Cup 2. PS4S is a road tyre and will overheat quickly and wear on the shoulder.

Reactions: Mash

Nanking AR1
Hankook RS4
Federal RS595 RR
Pilot Sport 4S

I logged 2.0g on the AR1s at Gridlife NOLA a couple weeks ago for the first time out...they are for real. I just had another set delivered today heat cycled from Phil's.

I'm selling my 1-weekend old 295 18" set and going to 275/19". They're mounted on bronze 18x10 Apex EC7s also just a weekend old if anyone is interested.