Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD for V10 2019.32.12.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Creep is a bug, not a feature. It only exists because vehicle manufacturers were not successful in engineering it out of automatic transmissions and torque converters way back when... I vehemently dislike creep.

Agreed but what would really help for me would be the feature my previous car had ( MB C350E) press the brakes again and they disengage, making it possible to do a manual creep as there is no sudden start anymore. The Model 3 keeps the brakes engaged and that makes it harder.

Agreed but what would really help for me would be the feature my previous car had ( MB C350E) press the brakes again and they disengage, making it possible to do a manual creep as there is no sudden start anymore. The Model 3 keeps the brakes engaged and that makes it harder.

??? What I think you just said is if you engage vehicle hold on your 3, release the brake pedal, press the pedal again and release it will stay in vehicle hold instead of releasing the brakes.

That’s not how my X works - the brakes will release as you let up the second time. Are you positive that doesn’t happen on your 3?

??? What I think you just said is if you engage vehicle hold on your 3, release the brake pedal, press the pedal again and release it will stay in vehicle hold instead of releasing the brakes.

That’s not how my X works - the brakes will release as you let up the second time. Are you positive that doesn’t happen on your 3?
Mine works like you say. second press releases hold.

Reactions: electrictorque
If you hate creep, turn it off!
If you love creep, turn it on!
Everyone gets what they want. How can this possibly be controversial?
Surely no one is suggesting that their preference be imposed on everyone. Or are they?
I’m a software dweeb. I love configurable options. I come from a manual transmission and prefer Creep off. If you like to have it on, great! We each get what we want. That’s one of the cool things about these cars.

I’m a software dweeb. I love configurable options. I come from a manual transmission and prefer Creep off. If you like to have it on, great! We each get what we want. That’s one of the cool things about these cars.
Hay software dweeb ; Wish creep on and auto-hold "H" is an option. Creep on is easier during parking and backing up, but Hold is required to release leg waiting on lights. Need a new option.