TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MASTER THREAD: Tesla Insurance Services in California

Discussion in 'California' started by BobAbooey, Aug 28, 2019.

1. twalace

twalace Member

GEICO decided to double my next 6 month premium to $1k so decided to re-check a quote with Tesla. They came in at 50% less this time and I immediately switched over to them!

• Like x 3
  2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Looks like someone is filing the first claim: My claim status & updates with Tesla's own Insurance

Sounds like Enterprise is the in-network rental provider, so definitely not a Tesla rental. Will be interesting to see if they get gas reimbursed, or if they have any pushback using the Tesla certified body shops (and their higher rates).

• Informative x 2
  3. Az_Rael

Very sorry you had to go through this, but thank you for posting your experiences. Will they reimburse gasoline costs at all for the Enterprise loaner?

• Like x 2
  4. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

You guys might be getting trolled by a FUDster. New member? One day? One post? Owner for a year? Smells fishy like the many posts on here like Sudden Unintended Acceleration

• Disagree x 4
    • Informative x 1
  5. Az_Rael

Why would you think that? We already know Tesla is using a third party for their insurance and that the rental service is not Tesla based on the policy documentation folks have gotten once they signed up. So this is all not unexpected, not sure why you think it is FUD?

I am not surprised the OP didn’t read every sentence of the policy, many probably didn’t.

6. Petrocelli

Petrocelli Member

#286 Petrocelli, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Crawford is a well known third party claims adjuster. I would be happy to have them handle my claim.

• Informative x 9
    • Helpful x 1
  7. Elmexiken

Elmexiken Member

Are you from the future??!! How did they call you at 2PM today, the 14th!!??

8. yerEVan

yerEVan Member

There is an elite group of people that have access to Stewie’s time machine.

• Funny x 1
  9. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

Great. I was sorta ok with Tesla trying this out but now I just see another reason for people to complain.

Tesla please kill this initiative. It’s not worth it and it’s going to break the forums.

• Disagree x 2
  10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Moderator note: Please stay on topic, which is the situation posted by member @MARK123. And no personal attacks. Thank you.

11. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Sounds like the OP didn't read anything about Tesla insurance before switching and it appears the OP was contacted within 24 hours by an adjuster.

Looks like a better than normal insurance experience so far. I'm impressed.

• Like x 4
  12. MARK123

MARK123 Member

Lolz at time I post it’s already early in the Saturday morning, wasn’t realized I should mention as “yesterday” not “today”

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. ElectricLee

ElectricLee Member

AAA in California is very good. Maybe not cheap but the in general very complete.

14. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

The CHP might not come out to all accidents but it doesn't absolve you from the requirement to file a police report. For a hit-and-run if you think about it if an officer came out to the scene he wouldn't see anything anyway since the guy took off so it gets left up to insurance to handle. If there are injuries, they would want to come to the scene to record info in that case--probably more to protect the injured down the road in a lawsuit. It will be up to investigating officers reading the report back at the station to determine how they proceed (if they have enough info to successfully track the person down).

@MARK123, let us know how the claim and the hit-and-run issue proceed. You didn't say but did you have TeslaCam working so that you got video? I've seen on here, maybe a month or so ago, another Tesla driver in the carpool lane get side swiped by a biker. He had his dashcam working so we all got to see it. A hit-and-run too.

• Like x 1
  15. TonyT

TonyT Member

I got rear ended, and called police. They showed up but only filled out exchange of information. They would not do police report. After repair, bill was over 1k. So..... that's what happened to me... There is no police report..

• Like x 1
  16. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

Tesla is not a rental car company, any more than Geico or Farmers. I’m not sure why you’d expect them to handle this in-house?

Thanks for the report - very interesting.

• Like x 3
  17. MARK123

MARK123 Member

Thank you for the information. I didn't mentioned TeslaCam because it was working I'm pretty sure but when I off the HWY it's already 1 hour ahead and all record was overwritten by new data (yeah TeslaCam didn't recognize it as an emergency, that guy used his left leg to kick my car on the right front fender and damaged it, guess not enough to trigger Tesla's build-in camera's alarm)

But I have an additional dash camera, and kept the video. That's why I only mentioned "dash camera" but not TeslaCam

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  18. MARK123

MARK123 Member

Very good point - when talking about Tesla, it's just Tesla in my eye. My fault must to say, too young to notice the truth of the reality, guess that's why we always count on experienced ones.

19. MARK123

MARK123 Member

Thank you man.

Well all I want to do is to share my experience and hope the information would help people in somewhere at some point.

Guys are free to say anything, I don't mind actually, to be honest, they won't do any damage to me, just sitting on the other side of the screen XD

• Like x 1
  20. MARK123

MARK123 Member

Agreed, they are the best in my area, but too expensive to afford, especially for a Tesla.

(I tried, the price they provided to my was 900+ a month......)

• Like x 1