Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte Seat Back Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious whether anyone has inquired as to the compatibility/cost of changing the gloss seat backs in the MX to the new matte ones. I still remember laughing out loud when the sales agent tried to convince me that Tesla did that with kids in mind (easier to clean). As if they weren't scratch magnets.

I've got a guy quoting $200/ea to wrap, but if the cost to replace with matte ones were within a couple hundred of that I'd almost rather have the matte to begin with.

Interested as well. Picking up my car from service today, so I will inquire on cost. In my 5 seater, I only need 2 replaced. I would be fine paying $260 for that and keeping the like-new gloss ones for later car resale option.

My SC rep said he will inquire, but they have not even seen a car with the latest matte backs. We looked on mine, and noticed there are 3 or 4 gloss parts per seat to replace, so this will cost more than $130 per seat he thought. Upon looking at the side view of the driver seat, now I really appreciate the gloss more (show car look), so I think I will just leave it alone, and replace the back piece only as/if needed, maybe put on xpel if I find an installer at $100/seat. If/when I get a price from Tesla, I will relay it here.

Reactions: Mike M and mal_tsla
My SC rep said he will inquire, but they have not even seen a car with the latest matte backs. We looked on mine, and noticed there are 3 or 4 gloss parts per seat to replace, so this will cost more than $130 per seat he thought. Upon looking at the side view of the driver seat, now I really appreciate the gloss more (show car look), so I think I will just leave it alone, and replace the back piece only as/if needed, maybe put on xpel if I find an installer at $100/seat. If/when I get a price from Tesla, I will relay it here.
I'm also interested to hear what you find out. I think I would like the mat finish better, but will need to live with the glossing for a while first.