Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't. I don't think there's anything worth it. Not to mention, they broke the browser as well, so if yours works, that will probably be an issue if you update.

Browser works about 25% of the times I’ve tried it. Honestly the browser is pretty bad and not a feature I need since my phone and iPad are so much better. When the browser on my car has worked it’s so slow it’s not even worth using. Most of the time it’s just a blank screen when I pull it up.

Browser works about 25% of the times I’ve tried it. Honestly the browser is pretty bad and not a feature I need since my phone and iPad are so much better. When the browser on my car has worked it’s so slow it’s not even worth using. Most of the time it’s just a blank screen when I pull it up.
Ok, so then it’s not just me. What’s interesting is it works great when I’m home and on WiFi. I have a feeling they’re limiting traffic sourcing from the browser across the LTE network.

I think the only thing they’ve added visibly is Dog mode. There may have been some enhancements to AP but I haven’t really noticed anything. I think the speed which AP makes the lane change is a little faster now, but I didn’t do a before and after test. In other words, the time the system takes to make the lane change after you pull down or push up on the signal stalk seems to be a bit quicker.

If I were you, I would stay where you’re at unless you’re worried about your car catching on fire :).

Just got done running at the track. Was hoping for a 10 but got close. When I get new tires I'll be back to see if I can do it :)

11.03 @ 119mph

PhotoEditor_20190601_191342603.jpg

Apparently all is right with the world again.

Last night, I got the 2019.16.2 firmware upgrade on my 2015 Model S P90DL. Max Battery Power option is restored. A fellow I know who was a Nissan and Honda sales manager went for a ride today. He was in the left seat. I tapped Ludicrous+ and enabled MBP. I had him stop on a lonely two-lane desert road. Wheels straight ahead then hit it. He did and Tessie immediately hit back. The car leaped and surged. "HOLY (DELETED)!" he said, shocked. Yep, things must be right with the world again. When we got back to my place, the fans were still cooling the battery. He stared at the car. "I may have to get me one of these," he said softly and respectfully.

Me too, found no difference launching my P85D in either insane or insane + mode. Maybe it’s onlt me. Is insane + supposed to be the same as Ludicrous + (on a P85D) ?

Insane is 1350 amps. Ludicrous is 1525 amps. The + just means you're using the battery heater to heat the battery up to optimal temperature for more power at whatever your SOC will allow. Current stays the same but a warmer battery has less voltage drop as does a battery with a higher state of charge.

I started a new thread. I started mine around 7pm ET. Although the update is finished, the map update is still going on. I saw the progress in the update section on the main display.

I checked on the car about an hour ago. It had lost 2% of battery since 9pm when it finished charging. The fans are running non stop.

I was going to reboot but figured that would be dumb while the map update was still going. I'm going to check it in an hour