Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MaxRange

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Na 125.000 km merk ik steeds vaker dat ik met minder km rest thuis kom dan 3 jaar geleden.
De tussentijds bijstellingen van de software gaven meer typical rangen bij 90% maar dit lijkt voor mijn gevoel inmiddels ook weer ingehaald door de accu degradatie

In 2013 was het typical verbruik 205 Wh waarmee de berekening werd gemaakt .
Ik stel vast dat de waarde inmiddels verlaagd is naar 196 Wh
Door deze aanpassing wordt de 90% en de100% typical Range hoger. (iedereen blij)
Echter de auto is niet minder gaan gebruiken Ik zit op 224 Wh (wat de auto berekend) over 125.000 km en is rekenkundig gelijk gebleven.
Dit bijstellen is de werkelijkheid rooskleuriger weergeven....
Ook is de range onder 0 km bijgesteld naar boven waarmee ook weer meer typical range wordt gegenereerd.
Ik heb dit zelf enkele keren getest tot de stippellijn op 80 wh stond (de eerste keer was dit ruim 20 km, de laatste was dit slechts enkele km.)
Het verbruik per km en daarnaast de andere stroomgebruikers die ook range opsnoepen uit de accu is voor mij ongrijpbaar.
Ik rijd dagelijks 2 keer 115 km en heb ondanks een gelijk Wh gebruik meer relatieve km uit mijn accu nodig om deze rit te maken.
115km echte km = 140 km accu km

Ik vermoed dat de grafiek van accu degradatie door deze diverse bijstellingen een mooier beeld geeft dan werkelijke degradatie zou zijn.

Als echter de software inmiddels voor alle tesla uniform is en niet afhankelijk is van accu leeftijd dan zouden nieuwere Tesla's een andere degradatiecurve moeten laten zien ...toch?

@in-clusion
"Dit bijstellen is de werkelijkheid rooskleuriger weergeven...."
Typical is, meen ik, al heel lang 196 Wh/km. Mijn Classic is in de loop van de tijd zeker zuiniger geworden. Dat software wijzigingen het beeld beïnvloeden sluit ik niet uit, maar als de feiten rooskleuriger zijn geworden, is er niets mis met rooskleuriger cijfers tonen.
Ben benieuwd naar ervaringen van andere forumleden!

Reactions: CO2CLEAN
The range doesn't jump up or down when toggeling between range mode and normal mode. When the car is in range mode when charging you get an higher typical than when it is not in range mode. Last week with my classic 85 difference between 90 procent normaal and 90 procent in range mode was 341 km vs 346 km

I'm the owner that Matteo references in his post about not seeing any impact of range mode when I charge. I've owned my MS90D for little over 5 months and have been using VisibleTesla most of that time, primarily to capture history of charging data. I normally charge to 80%, but occasionally have charged to different (higher or lower) values. I know throughout that time I've had range mode toggled on or off at various times and can see no clear distinction in my typical charging results of 238-239 miles rated range @ 80% SOC. If I assume roughly a +1% increase, and this being proportional/linear across the range of SOC, then I'd expect per the adjustments I see in the MaxRange Survey to see a consistent bias of +2 miles.

Recent charging results from the last ~10 days, all at 80% SOC and all with range mode off: 238.0, 238.0, 238.0, 238.4, 238.4, 238.8, 238.0, 238.8, 238.8, 238.4. (these are listed in reverse chronological order, first value yesterday, then stepping backwards in time). This is the typical type of scatter I see on day-to-day basis over most of the last 4 months.

Last night, again charging to 80%, but with range mode on: 237.3. This value with range mode on last night is actually one of the lowest values I've seen to date. One caveat on my data from last night; it has gotten quite a bit colder in the last day, with last night being the coldest night yet this year. I intend to leave range mode on for several days, then switch back off, to see any indications of a shift based upon charging results over a series of several days.

If others have suggestions on better ways to collect data to try and document the behavior, but based upon what I've observed so far, I see no influence of range mode on my displayed range, hence my question to Matteo.

Charging to 80% will not give you a proper measurement. . There around two 'known' points in the state of battery charge, 0 and 100 percent. 80 is a guess by an algorithm. The only way to get a good idea about your range, is to drive it to near 0 and charge to 100%. Above 93% (if I remember correctly) the battery management system will start to balance your pack. Once that's done you will see the true range. Be aware that the last percentage point can take an hour or more, that's the BMS at work. You may have to repeat that cycle a few times to get it all balanced. Lastly, don't leave your car at 100% for too long. HTH.

Cool!
Did you utilized the new capability of Tableau Public to connect live with Google docs?
A few years ago a made the first version of the battery survey Google sheet and some Tableau workbooks with the collected data, but had to update the workbooks manually every few weeks, so after a while I gave it up... :oops:
I wanted to but some of the columns in the spreadsheet didn't line up correctly and fixing in Tableau would have taken too long. So I exported and cleaned them up in Excel then imported to Tableau. I'd love to make it auto-update but would want to talk w/ the spreadsheet owner to see about fixing some of the column names or maybe making a separate sheet just for this.

I wanted to but some of the columns in the spreadsheet didn't line up correctly and fixing in Tableau would have taken too long. So I exported and cleaned them up in Excel then imported to Tableau. I'd love to make it auto-update but would want to talk w/ the spreadsheet owner to see about fixing some of the column names or maybe making a separate sheet just for this.

I think I am still owner of the sheet, but I also made @Matteo owner. He is updating and maintaining the sheet for the last years. Maybe you could contact him.

@in-clusion
"Dit bijstellen is de werkelijkheid rooskleuriger weergeven...."
Typical is, meen ik, al heel lang 196 Wh/km. Mijn Classic is in de loop van de tijd zeker zuiniger geworden. Dat software wijzigingen het beeld beïnvloeden sluit ik niet uit, maar als de feiten rooskleuriger zijn geworden, is er niets mis met rooskleuriger cijfers tonen.
Ben benieuwd naar ervaringen van andere forumleden!

Ik sluit me hier ook bij aan. Typical is zolang ik weet al op 196Wh/km. Dus al van november 2013.
Mijn verbruik is ook gezakt gedurende de jaren. Vooral in de zomer ligt het veel lager. Hier een screenshot van mijn verbruik gelogd via spritmonitor.

Schermafbeelding 2017-04-14 om 10.40.21.png

Mijn verbruik lag in het eerste jaar op 236 Wh/km, nu sinds de vorige e-Rally op 212 :cool: en dat is nog geen jaarrond, dus gezien de ingetreden lente zou ik onder 210 moeten kunnen uitkomen. Ik vermoed dat de rit in m'n uppie naar Andalusië het gemiddelde geen goed gaat doen :rolleyes: maar dat de auto efficiënter is geworden blijft voor mij ook buiten kijf.