Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxton Design Diffuser: Kpeng Improved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two updates. 1. The diffuser does nothing to keep the back bumper skin and trunk hatch from getting fouled in bad weather, driving on dirt roads, salt flats etc.

2. Efficiency and aero appear unaffected OR actually improved a marginal (almost immaterial, within error) bit. Drove the car as I usually on a 1.5K mile road trip. Mostly highway, some rural roads, lots of mountains (including scaling Mt Washington as the first car of the day) and seeing the same per trip and avg Wh/mile and 100% SoC guesstimated range as before.

Fun fact - Driving up Mt Washington, used up approx 10% SoC on a cool July morning at 8AM. The car was completely unphased by the grade and climb.

Coming back down, with regen on high, gained back 9% SoC and never had to touch the brakes... in fact a few times I had to use the accelerator to keep the car from stopping (lol).
View attachment 561795 View attachment 561811

Thanks for the update.

1. As long as it doesn't accumulate dirt faster than before, I'm good.
2. Again, happy that there's no negative impact on efficiency.

Car is looking good. Did I tell you silver is the best color?! ;)

Reactions: Perscitus
Its flush, the gap you are seeing is likely more of an optical illusion than anything else.

Or perhaps you are talking about the curvature along the passenger's side , which is a tad off. Still no gab just the leading edge of the diffuser is showing.

It is what it is and as good as it gets with plastic fantastic accessories and OE piece fitment.

20200803_185446.jpg

Last edited: