Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. That surely beats a few reservation holders. Previous or current owner? Location?
Non owner western PA.

I think at this point we will see reservation order lose importance and delivery location will matter more. I wrote a post about it earlier. They really need to deliver as many as possible so locations with less demand will have cars sooner to keep product moving.

Reactions: webdbbt
Non owner western PA.

I think at this point we will see reservation order lose importance and delivery location will matter more. I wrote a post about it earlier. They really need to deliver as many as possible so locations with less demand will have cars sooner to keep product moving.
I wonder if there's a way to change my delivery location to a less busy out of state place that is within a days drive of home?

Filtering @Troy's spreadsheet down to only PP is interesting. Excluding a row ascribed to "evoixmr", which lists an 18 Aug scheduled delivery but no other dates, there are 10 PP with scheduled delivery dates -- all white interiors, out of 71 total listed PP.

10 PPs are listed as May orders; 5 of 6 with white seats have VINs (all except @PessimiStick), none of those with black seats have VINs. (@favo, do you have a delivery date?)

39 rows say black interior, 33 say white interior.
25 red cars, 16 blue, goes down fast from there.

(Incidentally, delivery dates for PPs: @McSaggler says today for white/white, and @FlyNavy01 (white/white) and @SummitX (black/white) say tomorrow. Good luck, folks.)

All PP with delivery dates listed are:
znBLQxI.png

Last edited:
Reactions: webdbbt
Filtering @Troy's spreadsheet down to only PP is interesting. Excluding a row ascribed to "evoixmr", which lists an 18 Aug scheduled delivery but no other dates, there are 10 PP with scheduled delivery dates -- all white interiors, out of 71 total listed PP.

10 PPs are listed as May orders; 5 of 6 with white seats have VINs (all except @PessimiStick), none of those with black seats have VINs. (@favo, do you have a delivery date?)

39 rows say black interior, 33 say white interior.
25 red cars, 16 blue, goes down fast from there.

(Incidentally, delivery dates for PPs: @McSaggler says today for white/white, and @FlyNavy01 (white/white) and @SummitX (black/white) say tomorrow. Good luck, folks.)

All PP with delivery dates listed are:
znBLQxI.png
Still haven't gotten my MVPA so very unlikely my delivery is happening tomorrow. My car has been sitting in the 100F heat since Tuesday :(

PP with black interior seems to be a delay factor. (I base this on my one data point, of course.)
Possibly but who would’ve thought? Don’t they have way more black seats than white manufactured?

Oh wait they make more money on white seats.

I am fine with the delay since we don’t really need another car. Just didn’t want to be left out when everyone else is getting his/hers.

PP with black interior seems to be a delay factor. (I base this on my one data point, of course.)

I've been noticing that, as well. My config differs from what appears to be the "tester" config only by interior color. I have yet to hear about any red P's with black interior being delivered -- only white. However, there have been a few Aero deliveries, and those are definitely not the top-margin cars (assuming there's some markup built into the $5K performance upgrade package).

BTW, check your current order page -- I suspect it says Sep-Nov now (even though Aug-Oct would have been in line with the original ~2-4 month estimate from a 6/27 order date). Mine does, and I have earlier reservation/order times than your #2.

My Red P with black interior does not yet have a VIN but I do hav an assigned Delivery Advisor who has contacted me and they've already evaluated my trade. Odd, I think, that there's no VIN considering the other actions. FWIW, my store has not had any P's delivered and the other two nearby have not had any either, according to my SA. They are now delivering 10-14 Model 3's per day, and are expecting a number of P's 'very soon'. Nothing definitive, but optimistic. At least one P has been delivered in Florida, but not near Miami.