Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maybe It's Me, but Too Many Snarky Posts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've entered a new phase of social being.
Epistemology itself has been undermined.

There are people stating that the cosmos is
6,000 years old, and they will tell you that
your Carbon 14 dating is wrong - it assumes
that isotopes always decay at the same rate
and you have no evidence. Deal with that!
It's reached the point where anyone can
say "it's just your opinion, man" and believe
that SoAndSo's a lizard from outer space.

Sheesh! Next thing they’ll claim that “dark matter” is mathematical bullcrap!

As sad as it is, why should a Tesla board be any different than the society in general. Be it politics, religion, dieting styles, etc. there is less tolerance and willingness to listen to divergent viewpoints and/or shortcomings. All we can do is "ignore," but that does not improve the situation.

Greetings -

I don't mean to start a war, nor to troll, but I've been surprised by the tone in many posts. I get that there are strong feelings and opinions, and many technical discussions/perspectives, but the level of Snarky replies is tiring. t..."

Lencap: the vast majority of people on this list are hard core Tesla disciples who love their cars unconditionally. There are others that take issue with problems, how they are treated at the Service Center, and Tesla's weird corporate policies about servicing cars, changing prices back & forth, and their CPO policies and practices. I think the latter group posts what you refer to as Snarky messages (btw -- I love that word) and while they have a different POV than the vast majority, it's typically based on personal experience which has left them disappointed or angry, and often this comes across as snarky. I don't thing that's their intent, they are just sharing how they've been treated.

I have to say that people on this forum are awful people. I find the same with Tesla owners I encounter in real life at superchargers, most say hello but won't talk and scurry off to their vehicles. Disappointing. I have enough stress in my life after investing in a car that breaks all the time, forum users that could care less what problems there are with this vehicle, non-existent support from the manufacturer, it's just torture having a Tesla with Tesla owners hating on those of us that have problems with our vehicles. It's pointless to be on this forum unless things are perfect with your vehicle. I've even been censored by the forum moderators for saying something they didn't like. Enough is enough. Later losers.

When you roll up to a supercharger and have no idea who the patsy is - it’s probably you.

Instead of laser focus on why no one wants to talk to you or be your friend, - realize you are probably not a very compelling person.

If your car was interesting, or if you were interesting - people will take pause and extend beyond the basic courtesies.

Possibly in addition to your lack of magnetism, people have priorities greater than socialization at the moment.

You need to respect that.

Word of advice from a “loser” - you can take to heart or ignore at your continued ostracizing:

If you want help - come across as a person who someone would WANT to help.

You cannot insult the same people that you desire validation and support from. That’s “biting the hand that feeds you.”

Last edited:
Lencap: the vast majority of people on this list are hard core Tesla disciples who love their cars unconditionally. There are others that take issue with problems, how they are treated at the Service Center, and Tesla's weird corporate policies about servicing cars, changing prices back & forth, and their CPO policies and practices. I think the latter group posts what you refer to as Snarky messages (btw -- I love that word) and while they have a different POV than the vast majority, it's typically based on personal experience which has left them disappointed or angry, and often this comes across as snarky. I don't thing that's their intent, they are just sharing how they've been treated.

I think the problem stated by OP and as well as many others is opposite of what you are thinking(Fanboys problem). Ofcourse once in a while we have the problem you stated(like some posts in this thread shows who got frustrated with Tesla), but those many times exacerbated by fanboys snarky remarks.

People carried away by emotions, lose the balance. What I observed in the forum is, these snarky remarkers really use trigger words to elicit those emotions, and I guess they get some kind of sense of satisfaction.

But again to be fair, it not as bad as Tesla official forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoX750
but those many times exacerbated by fanboys snarky remarks.

Referring to people as “fanboys” is equally offputting to enthusiasts as being “blind loyalists” to those new to Tesla.

Despite ownership of 3 Tesla’s and participation here, I don’t consider myself a fanboy.

I’m 4 days now trying to get an online car account issue resolved for a Tesla I took delivery of last week.

I can make all types of commentary on how screwed up this is, why doesn’t Tesla get their act together, why don’t they exhibit business common sense, why don’t they have a proper and consistent on boarding process, why doesn’t Elon still not have a Twitter nanny, etc etc.

I know Tesla’s issues as well as anyone and can manage opposing threads like “luckiest owners” and most “screwed owners" at the same time.

Categories of luckiest Tesla owners.
Categories of most screwed Tesla owners.

When it's all said and done:

1 - We are better with Tesla than without Tesla.
2 - For what Tesla is doing, no one has done it better.
3 - You cannot disconnect Tesla's finances from the product. Financials go dead, so does the supercharger and service centers.
4 - The universe does not allow hot without crazy.

Do actual Tesla fanboys exist? Sure but they are in the minority. Most people here by definition are enthusiasts but are all pretty reasonable. As long as you are friendly and seek to learn with a humble heart, the TMC community is fantastic.

When you roll up to a supercharger and have no idea who the patsy is - it’s probably you.

Instead of laser focus on why no one wants to talk to you or be your friend, - realize you are probably not a very compelling person.

If your car was interesting, or if you were interesting - people will take pause and extend beyond the basic courtesies.

Possibly in addition to your lack of magnetism, people have priorities greater than socialization at the moment.

You need to respect that.

Word of advice from a “loser” - you can take to heart or ignore at your continued ostracizing:

If you want help - come across as a person who someone would WANT to help.

You cannot insult the same people that you desire validation and support from. That’s “biting the hand that feeds you.”

This is falling on deaf ears, literally. Looks like he was banned this morning.

IMO part of the reason for the high level of snark is because EVs and Teslas are still foreign to most people, so the number of so called 'dumb' questions is still stacked pretty high. There's enough people anywhere just waiting to tell you how much smarter they are than you.

I do find the unexpected acceleration threads amusing though.

I agree with OP. I, too, notice some rather "unsavory" responses, at times. Some, I believe, come here just to sow the seeds of discontent. (Utter failure for them, NOT those of us "in the know") Others may have had a bad day or a chord is struck that is not intended to do so by the sender. My take is to ignore the negative yet, I have no compunction to let a poster know that they are out of line. I'm not the TMC moderator nor the police of this great platform but, let's face it, civility and the spirit of knowledge is at play here, NOT folks quirks.

Reactions: chinnam3
Referring to people as “fanboys” is equally offputting to enthusiasts as being “blind loyalists” to those new to Tesla.

Despite ownership of 3 Tesla’s and participation here, I don’t consider myself a fanboy.

I’m 4 days now trying to get an online car account issue resolved for a Tesla I took delivery of last week.

I can make all types of commentary on how screwed up this is, why doesn’t Tesla get their act together, why don’t they exhibit business common sense, why don’t they have a proper and consistent on boarding process, why doesn’t Elon still not have a Twitter nanny, etc etc.

I know Tesla’s issues as well as anyone and can manage opposing threads like “luckiest owners” and most “screwed owners" at the same time.

Categories of luckiest Tesla owners.
Categories of most screwed Tesla owners.

When it's all said and done:

1 - We are better with Tesla than without Tesla.
2 - For what Tesla is doing, no one has done it better.
3 - You cannot disconnect Tesla's finances from the product. Financials go dead, so does the supercharger and service centers.
4 - The universe does not allow hot without crazy.

Do actual Tesla fanboys exist? Sure but they are in the minority. Most people here by definition are enthusiasts but are all pretty reasonable. As long as you are friendly and seek to learn with a humble heart, the TMC community is fantastic.

There are different aspects to it. Despite having problem with Initial quality of my car and worse new car purchase experience I ever had, I convinced more than 15 folks to purchase Teslas(Have couple of chargers lying around now, and some referrals expired this Feb, and I have not done for referral sake either as for many I did not even bother asking them to use my referral code). Gave rides to many folks and showed them the merits.

I praised them where there is a merit(lots of those), but also high light the issues where there are. I can't blindly accept everything Tesla does. Literally couple of weeks ago my brother bought one, and when I went to his place to check it out, still missing clips all over for fender liners, this I am talking about VIN in 225k range. So, it is 50/50 chance that you would get a car without proper inspection/parts installed even after producing 300k cars. Easily visible item, but somehow no one cares.

Same goes for Headlight alignment, now they know how to properly align headlight with Bumper, but alas, no, one is protruding by 3/8 inch another almost flush. For example blacked out rear view camera while giving these demo's was embarrassing, so does still not correctly transferring calls via Bluetooth connection. Many times, I feel responsible for Tesla, because these folks are buying these cars on my recommendation(it adds to frustration).

With Model 3, Tesla is not just catering for enthusiast any more. Sold more than all other ICE/EV luxury offering together It is mainstream offering now. Many people who never thought they would swing for a Tesla bought this car. So expectations would be along those lines in that price range of ICE cars.

Remember Prius, initially it has similar share, but later they sold hundred of thousands(Hey I do not want to talk about look of Prius).

So, as a forum for mainstream car now, we should accept criticism just like we accept praise and temper our annoyance with some newbie questions, some hard questions/faults with Tesla.

Reactions: MXWing
Greetings -

I don't mean to start a war, nor to troll, but I've been surprised by the tone in many posts. I get that there are strong feelings and opinions, and many technical discussions/perspectives, but the level of Snarky replies is tiring. Yes, I'm an "old guy", and fondly remember when "civil discourse" was just that, not armed combat. I'm not asking anyone to adjust to my norm, but I'm just asking everyone to consider replying with what used to be called common courtesy. If someone makes a comment, and there is disagreement, it is necessary to have a Snarky reply as the default response?

There are lots of very helpful posts on this forum, lots of great information, and lots of knowledge. I relied on all of that when making my decision to buy a Tesla, and this forum is unique for providing that. Without this site I'd have made some poor choices about which model to buy and what options to include. Thanks to everyone for the collective wisdom.

At the same time, I notice that even minor mistakes are subject to immediate bashing, often resulting in nasty replies, which evolve into battles and competing posts. It becomes an Alpha Male contest, one that I'm not interested in joining or supporting in any way. I'm a member of many different forums - across a wide range of topics. There is definitely a lot of disagreement in many of these forums, but unfortunately this Forum seems to be the biggest source of Snark among the many I frequent.

OK, rant over. I am hoping for "gentle" replies, but if not, so be it. It won't make me stop returning to the site, but it will make me visit less often. Life's too short to be bombarded constantly. And I, for one, choose not to participate. Like I said, "Maybe it's me, but..."
Amen my friend!!! Truth be told!

There are different aspects to it. Despite having problem with Initial quality of my car and worse new car purchase experience I ever had, I convinced more than 15 folks to purchase Teslas(Have couple of chargers lying around now, and some referrals expired this Feb, and I have not done for referral sake either as for many I did not even bother asking them to use my referral code). Gave rides to many folks and showed them the merits.

I praised them where there is a merit(lots of those), but also high light the issues where there are. I can't blindly accept everything Tesla does. Literally couple of weeks ago my brother bought one, and when I went to his place to check it out, still missing clips all over for fender liners, this I am talking about VIN in 225k range. So, it is 50/50 chance that you would get a car without proper inspection/parts installed even after producing 300k cars. Easily visible item, but somehow no one cares.

Same goes for Headlight alignment, now they know how to properly align headlight with Bumper, but alas, no, one is protruding by 3/8 inch another almost flush. For example blacked out rear view camera while giving these demo's was embarrassing, so does still not correctly transferring calls via Bluetooth connection. Many times, I feel responsible for Tesla, because these folks are buying these cars on my recommendation(it adds to frustration).

With Model 3, Tesla is not just catering for enthusiast any more. Sold more than all other ICE/EV luxury offering together It is mainstream offering now. Many people who never thought they would swing for a Tesla bought this car. So expectations would be along those lines in that price range of ICE cars.

Remember Prius, initially it has similar share, but later they sold hundred of thousands(Hey I do not want to talk about look of Prius).

So, as a forum for mainstream car now, we should accept criticism just like we accept praise and temper our annoyance with some newbie questions, some hard questions/faults with Tesla.

Well put. The best support for Tesla has to include honest feedback to improve it.