Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memory corruption issues in 18.42.2 on MCU1 cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen the missing letters several times - reboot always fixes it for at least a few days if not a full week.

I was talking to support about some dead supercharger pedestals last week and mentioned the corrupt font - they were already aware of the firmware glitch in 2018.48.

My newest addition to this ...

20190116_140847.jpg

So Just had my nov 2014 build in for service, including the touch screen showing "current" charging information and the steering wheel instrument cluster frozen from half an hour or so prior to my returning to the Tesla destination charger, during three hour unattended charging. This was reminiscent of previous communiction errors between the rouchscreen display and the steering wheel displays, that ultimatly required aan MCU replacement.

This time the servicee cneter said that because I have the car in energy saver mode that happens. I told them that I had never seen that esxact scenario over four years and never with the TESLA l;oaners that I have been using, when my car was in the service department.

I apologize if this is somewhat off topic, but just got that call from TESLA service this AM. Any advice appreciated. Only two weeks for me to extend warranty, BTW,

Thank you very much

FURY

I'm @ 2018.50.6 and MCU1.

Yesterday I could not find the "SET LIMIT" button on the Charging app screen. Then noticed the button was completely blanked out, but by guessing its position on the screen I could press and activate it. Rebooting (which itself has become so slow overtime) fixed it for now but I'm sure this issue will show up again if not for this particular app but elsewhere.

I'm now thinking to reboot every time before driving, which is an unacceptable remedy. Tesla really needs to address the MCU1 issues as high priority.

Miss the days when my car's MCU was functioning.

I’m resurrecting the topic, have the same problem with missing fonts and “2886400 EMEM decode error”. Sometimes when I put the car in rear drive, the image from rear camera freezes.
Done the FSD retrofit today but not yet the MCU 2 upgrade so I’ll wait see if it helps prevent the error as some of the processing power should be take over by the new FSD computer.
2016 refreshed 70 Model S

I'm also having the same issues now with my 70d and the main screen is starting to become unusable. I account this to the latest FW updates, NOT the mmc starting to die because years ago (2017 or 18) it had the same glitch or issue where icons and stuff was corrupted on the screen and reboots took forever.

After many calls into Tesla and tech sup they pushed a new FW and it was taken care of.

Now its like 5 to 8min reboots, screen corruption all over again right after this latest update.

I'm also having the same issues now with my 70d and the main screen is starting to become unusable. I account this to the latest FW updates, NOT the mmc starting to die because years ago (2017 or 18) it had the same glitch or issue where icons and stuff was corrupted on the screen and reboots took forever.

After many calls into Tesla and tech sup they pushed a new FW and it was taken care of.

Now its like 5 to 8min reboots, screen corruption all over again right after this latest update.

My MCU1 is pretty bad now with the newest updates and HW3. I can't imagine how they think MCU1 will work reliably with FSD. They need to create a completely separate software revision for mcu1 that takes into account the limitations of the hardware