Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
behind polo behind the movie theatre in the Winners lot hidden amoungst the construction for PF Chang's I only did a fly by the other day, but ll take a better look.
On that pad they just poured, located roughly as per the below?

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 6.02.17 PM.png

Magenta is the pad, green is roughly where the conduit was coming up. That's from memory. I was pretty sure it looked like normal pad conduit lay out for electrical service in a strip mall. But I guess you could look closer.

<edit> Also, I was under the impression that Polo Park was to be an Urban Supercharger?

Apparently someone found the Winnipeg Supercharger
I found the Winnipeg location and photographed it. It's in the southeast corner of the Polo Park shopping centre parking lot and, as you can see, it consists at the moment of only a construction trailer and fence. The trailer occupant said the electrical connections should be installed in 2 weeks, and the whole thing ready in the first part of September.
View attachment 433267
Pic below
290A1561-7392-46C7-9CA1-EBC2CF4F1521.png

Odd. I looked at that. I assume it's the trailer office for the project to refurbish the ramp (you can see peeking up above the trailer) they have laid out massive wood beams to put the scaffolding on to support the ramp (currently closed) while they do the re-finishing. If they are doing the chargers at the same time - bonus!

(On the other side of that brick wall, under the second level parking, is currently reserved as employee parking...)

Walked around there looks like al the construction they are doing there is just in regards to the refurbishment of that ramp which has been out of commission for quite a while now. Didn't see any hydro markings for electrical lines.

there is tons of construction equipment and the like at the southeast corner of the old stadium grounds that haven't started anything but active with people but I think it is just for the trucks and everything for the repairs to Empress and the drainage ditch.

Walked around there looks like al the construction they are doing there is just in regards to the refurbishment of that ramp which has been out of commission for quite a while now. Didn't see any hydro markings for electrical lines.

there is tons of construction equipment and the like at the southeast corner of the old stadium grounds that haven't started anything but active with people but I think it is just for the trucks and everything for the repairs to Empress and the drainage ditch.
Can you post the photos you took yesterday of the site because the one I found and posted isn’t very clear? It would also be clearer evidence for the existence of construction equipment of some sort at this site. Toss in any opinions about if this is dotworthy on Supercharge Info.

Note that building a supercharger sit is actually a pretty small job. At Portage it was a mini-digger and 4 guys. Might be a bit bigger task if they have to break pavement.

Unless they specifically said they were installing a Tesla charger

Last edited:
Prawda, Manitoba - halfway between Winnipeg and Kenora on the Trans-Canada - Supercharger construction. Someone posted this in the last 24 hours - looks like the same crew from Portage la Prairie.
View attachment 435320
Oh yay! This fixes a major travel problem for me. Kenora, here I come.
@BlueShift @Chuq
No buildings are shown. Is this in the Shell parking lot somewhere?

Again, I say "yay!"