Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Google voice so I never got/saw a single text message.

I got my vin today for a thursday delivery. It was initially set for tomorrow (12/18) but was pushed back 2 days....

My credit union takes about a week to process the loan, mail the check etc- so Tesla financing is a quick/easy option.

After a set and missed delivery date, some mind boggling excuses from The location shows "Delivery Appointment at ##place##" o_O

I have the same on my account portal too. I think this might be a bug? Perhaps they meant to use something similar to handlebars syntax {{place}} so their templating engine can replace place with where we really need to pick up our vehicles.

Ok done nerding out. I'll see myself out.

Took delivery this morning. Everything was perfect with zero defects, blemishes, etc. Tempe had quite a few Model 3's parked that were meant for delivery. Only issue is getting referral code to grant 6months free supercharging as my account still shows pay-to-use.

Attachments

• 7E0D7014-CF70-4891-A636-3D0B2B7286CE.jpeg
    7E0D7014-CF70-4891-A636-3D0B2B7286CE.jpeg
    479.9 KB · Views: 92
I'm a current MX owner and just placed order for M3 for my wife on Saturday 12/15.

Ordered:
MR
Midnight Silver/Black Interior
Aero Wheels
EAP

Arranged financing immediately (approved with all terms showing online within minutes).
On 12/16, I got the email about times I wasn't available and VIN was assigned.
Today, 12/17, my Delivery Advisor called and we got set up for pickup tomorrow morning (12/18) at 10am.

I just can't get over how quickly all of this happened. Obviously the car is already sitting in inventory here in Chicago or I'd be waiting, but I'm very impressed with the help from my Delivery Advisor. I had a horrible experience with no communication during my MX purchase, so this gives me hope that Tesla may finally be getting some things together (though I know everyone's experience varies).

Hopefully tomorrow I can update with a flawless delivery!

I'm a current MX owner and just placed order for M3 for my wife on Saturday 12/15.

Ordered:
MR
Midnight Silver/Black Interior
Aero Wheels
EAP

Arranged financing immediately (approved with all terms showing online within minutes).
On 12/16, I got the email about times I wasn't available and VIN was assigned.
Today, 12/17, my Delivery Advisor called and we got set up for pickup tomorrow morning (12/18) at 10am.

I just can't get over how quickly all of this happened. Obviously the car is already sitting in inventory here in Chicago or I'd be waiting, but I'm very impressed with the help from my Delivery Advisor. I had a horrible experience with no communication during my MX purchase, so this gives me hope that Tesla may finally be getting some things together (though I know everyone's experience varies).

Hopefully tomorrow I can update with a flawless delivery!

Wanna order a car for me? So I can get it sooner lol

My delivery date was originally scheduled to be 12/23. I called the local delivery center and told them I will be out of town starting 12/20. This morning someone called saying that there is an exact config (White on white) except with the 19inch wheel and asked if I want to add US1500 for immediate delivery. I said no. Later this evening the same guy called again saying that they decided to give me the wheel free if I want to take the car....I was struggling for 30 minutes because I heard that it is 10% less efficient than the 18 inch areo wheel. However, I end up accepting the offer and will take the delivery tomorrow afternoon! Not sure why Tesla would want to give upgrade free....I guess they really want to clear the inventory by end of this year.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Cyclone and Olds442
Took delivery this morning. Everything was perfect with zero defects, blemishes, etc. Tempe had quite a few Model 3's parked that were meant for delivery. Only issue is getting referral code to grant 6months free supercharging as my account still shows pay-to-use.

I had the same issue with my Model 3 delivery on 12/5. I've not checked every day, but when I checked over the weekend, it still said pay-per-use. I hadn't spoken to anyone about it since I brought it up at delivery, figuring I would wait until after the 1st of the year or when I get charged to make my case then. Well today I was looking and it now says "Six Months of Supercharging". So I would just give it time, keep your documentation for proof, and wait impatiently :) Not the answer you wanted to hear I'm sure.

So I picked up the car on Sunday 12/16 and am getting used to it, but am loving it so far! They changed delivery dates on me twice, but the experience at delivery was great, and the rep was extremely patient.

Timeline:
10/31: Originally ordered MR RWD white/white, 19" rims.
12/7: Changed my mind and wanted black interior instead, so called and asked if there were any LR RWDs available. Rep said there was one with black interior in Dallas, so I switched for $2k more. Got a date of 12/13 for delivery.
12/10: Pushed delivery date to 12/15. Called and was told the car was still in Dallas.
12/14: Pushed delivery date to 12/17. Called and was told the I could possibly pick it up 12/16 (Sunday)
12/16: Picked it up and it was a great experience. Went through the checklist in the parking lot, probably took an hour, and the rep was really patient. Car wasn't perfect (panel gap issues, scratches on middle console, condensation in rear headlight), but I was told that I would get a call and it would all be handled for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
I had the same issue with my Model 3 delivery on 12/5. I've not checked every day, but when I checked over the weekend, it still said pay-per-use. I hadn't spoken to anyone about it since I brought it up at delivery, figuring I would wait until after the 1st of the year or when I get charged to make my case then. Well today I was looking and it now says "Six Months of Supercharging". So I would just give it time, keep your documentation for proof, and wait impatiently :) Not the answer you wanted to hear I'm sure.
Yes, mine changed to 6 months today as well. So it seems tesla got the referral bug fixed. Rita rd in Tucson is a nice charger. Was averaging 454 mi/hr. And it's right off I-10.