Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys, you are a hard crowd to please. I am attaching two photos: one with my VIN showing, one of the car charging in the garage where my LEAF usually sits. I was a day one (or day zero) reservation holder. View attachment 348769View attachment 348770

First of all, congrats. We're all insanely jealous! You should know by being a member of this forum that we were going to all crowd around you and ask endless questions! lol

Any chance you can do a rudimentary 0-60 test video for us? Just want to see it in person and switch to AWD if it looks like Tesla's first "slow" car. Just simply film a launch from 0-60 and we can time it out with our own stopwatches. I'm ok with the listed time of 5.6, but want to make sure it's on the right side of 6...

Slap your referral code in the YouTube description and I'm sure some guys here will be happy to use it if they haven't already applied one.

Thanks for sharing either way.

Saw this wonder if it’s MR version. He says “economy version”

He replied to a comment on the video confirming it's the MR.

Still seems pretty damn fast!

EDIT: He's slow rolling at about 15 before he punches it, but I timed it at sub 3.0 to 60mph (just on my smartphone with stopwatch split screened) from 15-60 a few times in a row. So assuming it doesn't take 2.6+ to get from 0-15, it looks pretty likely that it meets or exceeds advertised speed. Can someone with better software available break it down more accurately?

Last edited:
Reactions: tracksyde
Sure it’s not fast, but it’s quick. Should be just slightly faster then the competition, Audi, BMW, Benz, etc.
Plus your passengers won’t think you’re a mad man when you punch it, no jerky down shift to redline shifts.

Hi, everybody. Yesterday, I added Lemur to the Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker. Here is a screenshot from the VIN Queue tab:

tdGDn2x.gif

Here is how to read it:

10✓ ivan801 means this buyer has received their VIN 10 days after configuring. Congrats to @ivan801
14 Annelies means this buyer has been waiting for 14 days for a VIN.
...✓ InTheArena means this buyer didn't enter a VIN but entered a scheduled delivery date.

In addition, I added Lemur to the VINs tab. It looks like this:

V4V7djX.gif

Also, check out my blog post from yesterday: Tesla starts production of the Model 3 Mid Range - Teslike.com. I tweet about new articles here: @TroyTeslike

Here are the links to the Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker project. There are 4 identical Google sheets to avoid overcrowding.

Last edited:
I can tell you that the LR I test drove (rear wheel) had a lot more power. MR feels just a bit quicker than my 2018 Nissan LEAF. It's not a slow car, but if power is important for you then you should seriously consider AWD LR model or higher. MR feels more of "good commuter" category. It works for me and I am totally happy with my choice, but I know that some of my friends who are more "spirited" drivers would regret not choosing the higher end performance.

I believe you it feels a lot slower than the LR AWD. But the Leaf is much slower. Some numbers:
  • LR AWD 4.5 s (Tesla configuration page)
  • For comparison: 2017 BMW 330i 5.4 s (source)
  • MR 5.6 s (Tesla configuration page)
  • Leaf 7.5 s (source)
So yeah - very nice commuter car ;),

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here are my order details:
  • No Reservation
  • Config Date: October 19, 2018
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • No EAP
I've added it to the spreadsheet. I still have an Edit Design button and I have no VIN. The order page is exactly as it was the time I ordered. I just called (888) 51-TESLA and spoke with an agent, and they said to expect VIN assignments 5-21 days after order. That puts me 13 days after order, and 8 days to the VIN deadline.

Glad to see people getting their Mid-Range, excited for mine!

Reactions: Troy
You have to carefully inspect the car for defects before you sign for it. Many many Tesla come off the line with paint defects, misaligned panels, loose trim, damage from transport, etc. When you take home delivery you will have to pre-sign for the car sight unseen. Having purchased 2 Teslas in the past (both model X) I would never do that. But feel free to take your chances.

Thanks, I didn't know you had to pre-sign for home delivery. I've been along for a delivery, and I would not sign without looking it over. So, yes, I will absolutely take delivery at the local delivery center....

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here are my order details:
  • No Reservation
  • Config Date: October 19, 2018
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • No EAP
I've added it to the spreadsheet. I still have an Edit Design button and I have no VIN. The order page is exactly as it was the time I ordered. I just called (888) 51-TESLA and spoke with an agent, and they said to expect VIN assignments 5-21 days after order. That puts me 13 days after order, and 8 days to the VIN deadline.

Glad to see people getting their Mid-Range, excited for mine!

You and I have almost the exact same config except I ordered on the 20th and I had a reservation from this summer. I also still have my edit button, and on top of that my screen still says to prepare for delivery, and not the writing up the contract. I assume that's because I said I was trading in my car and financing through tesla. Registration and insurance both have check marks though.

I ordered mid range on the 23rd. Uploaded all required docs. Now in the 'drafting contract' stage. During the ordering step the only option I had was Tesla financing or Cash. I chose cash since my credit union will be loaning me the difference. I have access to the vehicle purchase agreement but it only has my reservation number on it. When can I expect the ability to put more down? Not sure what to expect next. Anybody in the same boat?

Reactions: johnny chimpo