TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mid Range waiting room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Esquire, Oct 19, 2018.

1. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Congrats but as always... Pics or it didn’t happen

• Like x 3
  2. hanergy

hanergy Member

Yeah, a bunch of CA MR3 purchases here and the first reported delivery went to UT? Sounds fish to me.

• Like x 1
  3. Badshirt

Badshirt Member

I’m guessing the acceleration will still destroy that if my 2007 Honda Civic. Man, this thing is feeling beat up!!!!

• Like x 1
  4. PulledPorg

PulledPorg Member

My ‘06 Honda Civic Hybrid with a battery on its last leg does 0-60 in 16.9s. 5.6 doesn’t sound too bad to me :p

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
  5. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Yeah, it doesn't add up. I would like them to post a pic to prove it's a LEMR. No reason not to, they get the luck of being the first if it really happened!

6. ivan801

ivan801 Member

Ok guys, you are a hard crowd to please. I am attaching two photos: one with my VIN showing, one of the car charging in the garage where my LEAF usually sits. I was a day one (or day zero) reservation holder. charging.jpg vin.jpg

• Like x 19
    • Informative x 2
  7. Badshirt

Badshirt Member

You rock! Day 0 reservation holder here with MR order placed on 10/20.

• Like x 2
  8. ivan801

ivan801 Member

Here is one more photo showing it's a mid-range model: IMG_0616.jpg

• Like x 13
    • Love x 2
  9. V__2

V__2 Member

Thank you for finding time to post photos. Really happy for you having your car so quickly and for all of us waiting for any news getting us those pics!

10. Kahukura

Kahukura Member

Awesome! Its great to see they are rolling out already. One question, how does the acceleration feel compared to the LR?

11. hanergy

hanergy Member

We're not worthy, we're not worthy!

Thanks for pulling through. I hope the rest of us will follow suit.

• Funny x 1
  12. hanergy

hanergy Member

He answered a page before that it's a bit slower.

13. ivan801

ivan801 Member

I can tell you that the LR I test drove (rear wheel) had a lot more power. MR feels just a bit quicker than my 2018 Nissan LEAF. It's not a slow car, but if power is important for you then you should seriously consider AWD LR model or higher. MR feels more of "good commuter" category. It works for me and I am totally happy with my choice, but I know that some of my friends who are more "spirited" drivers would regret not choosing the higher end performance.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. alloverx

alloverx Member

Maybe speed is slower to save the battery, assuming the motor is the same.
    Might be fun to do a speed test of a MR with the other models and see the 0-60, 10-70 speeds.
    Also do a charging test to see the different ramp up and ramp down.

15. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

I wish there was some way for this to translate into something tangible for those of us on the sideline. I would think that a 0.5 second difference wouldn't be THAT noticeable, especially when you state that it only feels a little faster than your LEAF (which would be ~2.5 seconds slower). The MR is going to replace my wife's '16 LEAF, which is ~4.5 seconds slower than the MR, but she test drove the LR and really enjoyed the power.

16. Wes!

Wes! Member

Take it with a grain of salt, cause the sales reps aren’t always accurate.

17. Kzooman

Kzooman Member

Thanks for the first MR first-hand report, we are all very grateful, I'm one of those guys that originally reserved the MR, then switched to the LR AWD, still not sure which way to go. I live in Michigan, but also have a Subaru AWD for winters.

• Love x 1
  18. johnny chimpo

johnny chimpo Member

So jealous. Thanks for updating us as we all wait. I got the same configuration.

19. Esquire

Esquire Member

Wow, cool to see the first car here. I'm a day zero reservation holder but am still in limbo. No VIN. How long did it take to get your VIN?

I'm not worried about speed or acceleration. It's not a particularly fun car to drive IMO. Maybe for most people but for us exotic owners, Tesla cars still have a way to go. Still awesome for what they're meant to be: higher quality EV Camrys and Accords.

20. LyftupX

LyftupX Member

Saw this wonder if it’s MR version. He says “economy version”