Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are still safe. If you are in LA, you should maybe consider picking up at Fremont to be 100% certain. I think anyone who is willing to pick it up in Fremont, you have a couple more weeks to get it before Dec 31.

Lol you should be 2nd least worried other than people in SF Bay/Fremont area which they can just pickup easily.

East Coast people have another ~2 weeks additional for transportation via rail. Maybe Tesla will work it out their promise to over deliver until end of Dec with max cars in hands of customers. I am sure announcement is coming soon that we are at capacity with a disclaimer statement “cars ordered starting today will be delivered after 1st Jan”. Currently it still shows $7500 on website. That has to change to $3750.

I think it may actually make me feel better about my order if they did this.

Any responsible company will do this. It’s NOT OK to show pipedreams of $7500 credit where they know customer will only get $3750.

That’s just my thinking and I could be wrong. In my personal view I don’t need the car early or anything, just by Dec 31st. I care about $3750 credit keeping aside affordability for a second. If I knew 100% that I am not getting by Dec 31st then I would have waited until spring. But that’s just me.

And yes it’s a “credit” and not a “deduction” on your taxes regardless of your AGI.

You are absolutely correct, I now have access to the App. Was this because we submitted all the necessary requirements (check marks) or does it mean our order is making some progress. I ordered on 10/20 - East coast.

I don't have all the checkmarks so I think there's no correlation for that. I have not submitted my insurance and I indicated I have a trade. All I've provided are my DL images and the cash option. I ordered 10/25 so I think they are doing these in batches.. I think it's progress but I'm not getting excited yet.

I submitted all data related to checkmarks on Oct 24. Just got access to app today. Not sure if it means anything.

By itself, no it doesn't. I've had all check marks completed and hit Submit button 10 days ago (ordered 10/19), and still no app access or referral code on site for me (those two things seem to be linked?).

Backdoor edit link stopped working the same day I got service to convert my order from Cash to 3rd Party Financing (wasn't available when I configured0, but no ISA contact or VIN (obviously) either.

On my account page, right beneath the manage section, Now i'm able to share my referral!
I do not know if it means anything, but there a progress in UI! ;)
Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 4.39.41 PM.png

By itself, no it doesn't. I've had all check marks completed and hit Submit button 10 days ago (ordered 10/19), and still no app access or referral code on site for me (those two things seem to be linked?).

Backdoor edit link stopped working the same day I got service to convert my order from Cash to 3rd Party Financing (wasn't available when I configured0, but no ISA contact or VIN (obviously) either.

My backdoor link worked today afternoon. Didn’t check post Tesla app login. Will check tomorrow.