Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is screenshot of my breakdown.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181108-211014.png
    Screenshot_20181108-211014.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Selva_IL
Long time lurker here and anxiously waiting for any news on my M3!

Original reservation placed 11/14/17.
M3 MR RWD order placed 10/19/18 (late in day).
MSM, Black Interior, Aero, No EAP
Upstate NY and looking at Mt. Kisco delivery.

Have uploaded into VIN tracker.

Waiting for VIN to upload insurance info. Selected cash (CU) payment option. So not all "boxes" checked.

Edit button still available. No app access. Optimistic on delivery prior to 12/31/18 based on information out there.

Trying not to bug the delivery center, but did reach out to apply a referral code earlier today ... waiting on that response.

Good luck everyone!

Things seem to have slowed down or am I imagining things? Is there a chance that they're re-calibrating lines to get to the 7K per week mark?

The battery packs are a new design (I know it's the LR but with fewer cells, but it's still a manufacturing change), so i'm sure there's a process in ramping that up to production speed. Based on what i've seen in this thread, there's a surplus if LR AWD/RWD M3s that (speculation) were manufactured around the time of the MR announcement, that are now appearing at service centers for immediate delivery. There was also a burst of MRs towards the beginning of the month that (speculation) was an initial run of MR battery packs manufactured at the time of the announcement (and most scheduled delivery for CA). The lull we're experiencing now could be the actual production ramp of MR for east coast. The reason we're not hearing anything is they need to 1) build batteries 2) build the car, and 3) ship to the east coast.

I bet closer to Thanksgiving, we start seeing a wave of deliveries on the east coast, then first week of December for mid-west, and mid-December for west coast.

I have no inside info, this is all educated guesses from what i've read/seen on the boards and in the order tracker.

Long time lurker here and anxiously waiting for any news on my M3!

Original reservation placed 11/14/17.
M3 MR RWD order placed 10/19/18 (late in day).
MSM, Black Interior, Aero, No EAP
Upstate NY and looking at Mt. Kisco delivery.

Have uploaded into VIN tracker.

Waiting for VIN to upload insurance info. Selected cash (CU) payment option. So not all "boxes" checked.

Edit button still available. No app access. Optimistic on delivery prior to 12/31/18 based on information out there.

Trying not to bug the delivery center, but did reach out to apply a referral code earlier today ... waiting on that response.

Good luck everyone!

Where are you in upstate NY

You might of confused me with someone else. I paid an extra $3500.

1st reservation: Blue MR, black interior, 18, EAP which was $52,500

Switched to

White (extra 500) LR RWD (extra 3000 46k to 49k base), 18, EAP for total $56,000. Hope that clears it up. No discounts, I wished! I was just happy to get the car sooner and not worry about rebate deadline. Extra miles and 0-60 was a plus. Good luck!

You were Right! I did confuse with someone else post with yours.

It means sense now. Thanks a lot for sharing detailed information.. Appreciate it!

The battery packs are a new design (I know it's the LR but with fewer cells, but it's still a manufacturing change), so i'm sure there's a process in ramping that up to production speed. Based on what i've seen in this thread, there's a surplus if LR AWD/RWD M3s that (speculation) were manufactured around the time of the MR announcement, that are now appearing at service centers for immediate delivery. There was also a burst of MRs towards the beginning of the month that (speculation) was an initial run of MR battery packs manufactured at the time of the announcement (and most scheduled delivery for CA). The lull we're experiencing now could be the actual production ramp of MR for east coast. The reason we're not hearing anything is they need to 1) build batteries 2) build the car, and 3) ship to the east coast.

I bet closer to Thanksgiving, we start seeing a wave of deliveries on the east coast, then first week of December for mid-west, and mid-December for west coast.

I have no inside info, this is all educated guesses from what i've read/seen on the boards and in the order tracker.

Production overall was down last week per Electrek article, supposedly to ramp for Mid Range and overseas. Supposedly production is back up this week to normal, just under 5,000 vehicles a week. Hopefully most of that will be MR. We'll be getting alot of delivery notices in a few days.

Just to let you all know, it appears that MR had some sort of range reporting issue this past week (at least for a day or two). My car was reporting range numbers that would be more in line with LR version. I did get a call from Tesla telling me to be careful or I could run out of charge. They pushed an over-the-air update to my car and all is well again. This may have been frustrating for someone who is new to EV world, but I cut my teeth on 2011 Nissan Leaf back 7 years ago... By the way, even MR version has way longer range than my 2018 LEAF, so I am loving life.

Just to let you all know, it appears that MR had some sort of range reporting issue this past week (at least for a day or two). My car was reporting range numbers that would be more in line with LR version. I did get a call from Tesla telling me to be careful or I could run out of charge. They pushed an over-the-air update to my car and all is well again. This may have been frustrating for someone who is new to EV world, but I cut my teeth on 2011 Nissan Leaf back 7 years ago... By the way, even MR version has way longer range than my 2018 LEAF, so I am loving life.

Is the range closer to ~283mi estimated by various sources, or is it in line with 260mi advertised?

This may be off topic, but I am just planning ahead for delivery. Does anyone know if they carry the wall chargers at the service centers? I have two in my area and I would rather pick one up vs having it shipped out.

he Tesla Forum, if it’s worth looking at a LR RWD at this point
Thanks @ivan801 any first impressions on 0-60 ,0-15 or 15-60? There are several anxious users like me waiting to hear from people like you.