Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy that you received your delivery date but I'm disappointed in this experience overall. Should I change my interior design to black for a better chance at delivery by end of year? I ordered on 10/20 and had a reservation from 3/31/16. Will changing it now delay it even further? Does customer service know anything? I'm truly happy for those receiving their cars but disappointed that it's been over 3 weeks and I have zero information. Tesla estimated the building of 10K cars a week by this point but they didn't have a plan for delivering them or communicating with customers about their orders?

I spoke with a CS rep and they said to just hang onto my order. I don't want to risk having it delayed. We'll see what happens. I should probably just ignore this thread for a few weeks and watch Nav on Autopilot videos...It was much more fun getting excited about receiving the car vs. dreading not getting delivery by end of year. For me, this will be the difference between buying EAP or not.

I really don't understand the method. I about fell over when I got the text... I was estimating third week in December delivery based on my location and google forum.

Looking at various posts, it is mostly black and midnight silver colors that received delivery dates or some sort of confirmation.
I ordered a Red one, and now have been thinking I should have ordered one of those basic colors. Red will be a long way to go since they are doing it in batches. Hoping I will get it this year.

Looking at various posts, it is mostly black and midnight silver colors that received delivery dates or some sort of confirmation.
I ordered a Red one, and now have been thinking I should have ordered one of those basic colors. Red will be a long way to go since they are doing it in batches. Hoping I will get it this year.
I think we’re all just overly anxious. Hang tight with your order and wait to see what heroines over the next 2 weeks.

I think we’re all just overly anxious. Hang tight with your order and wait to see what heroines over the next 2 weeks.
Not sure 3+ weeks of waiting with any updates is "overly anxious", but I get your point. :)

This is not a legacy car company, so I am pretty shocked at how little communication is provided by Tesla. I understand them not having a Domino's pizza tracker for my car, but you would think they would provide some milestone information.

I'm happy that you received your delivery date but I'm disappointed in this experience overall. Should I change my interior design to black for a better chance at delivery by end of year? I ordered on 10/20 and had a reservation from 3/31/16. Will changing it now delay it even further? Does customer service know anything? I'm truly happy for those receiving their cars but disappointed that it's been over 3 weeks and I have zero information. Tesla estimated the building of 10K cars a week by this point but they didn't have a plan for delivering them or communicating with customers about their orders?

I spoke with a CS rep and they said to just hang onto my order. I don't want to risk having it delayed. We'll see what happens. I should probably just ignore this thread for a few weeks and watch Nav on Autopilot videos...It was much more fun getting excited about receiving the car vs. dreading not getting delivery by end of year. For me, this will be the difference between buying EAP or not.

LOL. Same here.. I just did "Unwatch" this thread to reduce my blood pressure a bit.

There is no signs of any delivery in Chicago area what so ever and I'm a non-reservation holder and I really feel the pain on waiting..

I just stop hitting the F5 key to refresh the Tesla account page.. Dont want to break it!

I order black exterior/black interior/18" aero wheels/No EAP on 10/22/18 (Not a reservation holder)
Located in Los Angeles, CA and still not 1 peep from Tesla at all in over 3 weeks :(

Feel free to use my referral code to help make my waiting process a little less dreadful!

Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty
I ordered same config except with EAP and I am in Anaheim and I did mine 11/4. Let me know when you get your email! :)

Just got my delivery date!!!!!

Pittsburgh, PA
MR RWD
10/22/18 9AM EST
Pearl White
Black Interior
19 inch wheels
No EAP
Delivery Date: November, 24 at Wexford store,

Great news Congrats.

I am in Pittsburgh as well, Day 1 reservation holder + ordered on 10/19.
Haven't heard anything for my MR Blue/White.

I guess this proves, the color combinations is more important than anything else.

Not sure 3+ weeks of waiting with any updates is "overly anxious", but I get your point. :)

This is not a legacy car company, so I am pretty shocked at how little communication is provided by Tesla. I understand them not having a Domino's pizza tracker for my car, but you would think they would provide some milestone information.

Not sure if this is going to make you feel any better, but having bought first Tesla in 2016, communication and customer service was not good either. However, since introduction of M3, it has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY worse. If you think this buying experience is bad, wait until you experience bad delivery (hope you won't, but I had to refuse a car once for atrocious condition) or get your car serviced in a busy city (waiting 6 weeks for an appointment in LA to bring my MX p100d for service).

Early reservation holder
Ordered October 21
MR,
black/black,
18" Aero
No EAP

Got an email yesterday 12-Nov for a delivery date 23-Nov in Dedham, MA. No VIN# assigned. Delivery date could change. Wasn't expecting to hear from them till the end of Nov.

Especially since they were estimating to produce 10K cars a week by this point. How exactly were they planning on delivering those cars? Also - much of the communication piece could be automated with software...at least the estimates. I'm surprised they didn't tighten up this part of it during the years leading up to the ramp up.

No sign for me either and not too far from you. i am in San Diego, CA

Another SD reporting in.

Model 3 Mid Range
Reservation date: Day 2
Order Date: 11/12/2018
Color: Silver
Interior : Black
Wheels: Aero
EAP: Yes

I know I have no grounds to hope for delivery in time, but since it seems like a lot of people are waiting on Silver maybe I'll get lucky and make it into a big batch before year end. If not, and if they don't adjust the price down, I will probably cancel and wait for the SR later in the year. We only ever needed SR for this one for commuting, but thought we would take a shot at getting the MR with rebate for not much more than SR without.

If I'm willing to pick up in Fremont, is there any official way to let them know? While far from my first choice, I could make it work if it gets me the 3 before 1/1.

Another SD reporting in.

Model 3 Mid Range
Reservation date: Day 2
Order Date: 11/12/2018
Color: Silver
Interior : Black
Wheels: Aero
EAP: Yes

I know I have no grounds to hope for delivery in time, but since it seems like a lot of people are waiting on Silver maybe I'll get lucky and make it into a big batch before year end. If not, and if they don't adjust the price down, I will probably cancel and wait for the SR later in the year. We only ever needed SR for this one for commuting, but thought we would take a shot at getting the MR with rebate for not much more than SR without.

If I'm willing to pick up in Fremont, is there any official way to let them know? While far from my first choice, I could make it work if it gets me the 3 before 1/1.

I’ve called customer service a few times and only the last person I talked to was helpful. She said she updated my account with my preference to pick up at Fremont (even though previously CS had told me to wait for my DA). She also said that they were estimating Dec 1-7 delivery for west coast now (as of a week ago).