Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Phoenix area
Apr. 2016 reservation holder
Black w/ White Int.
18" Aeros
no EAP
Ordered 10/22 with no notification for delivery.

We're seeing a lot nervousness in here! I know we want the cars sooner but they said 6-10 weeks. With delivery usually ~2-3 weeks out from notification it has been promising that we've seen any deliveries yet and there's no reason to think you won't get your car by 12/31 if you ordered in October.

I try to see the upside in things so here's a potential silver lining if there are real delays: Cash flow is Tesla's primary motivator right now. Considering you can cancel prior to a VIN assignment, Tesla is highly motivated to get you matched to a car. So much so that if you don't have a VIN by early December you may find them trying to match inventory cars (LR/AWD/different configurations) with discounts/extras offered to offset the price hike. Win-win.

Also, considering logistical concerns with weather in December I'd expect east coast white interior configurations to see their orders filled first. If you're out west they can likely get you a car within a few days from the production line so they'd delay those deliveries to ensure the east coast orders get filled.

Reactions: 2012MS85
Just got a delivery date of December 7th...

Ordered 10/27
No reservation
MSM
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
EAP
Live in MD...pickup in PA
This is my exact configuration, I ordered on 10/26, no reservation either. I'm in California though. This at least means they are producing M3s with this configuration and have doled at least one out to a non reservation holder. This is the first hopeful sign I've seen for my situation. But just to confirm, yours for sure is an MR right?

This is my exact configuration, I ordered on 10/26, no reservation either. I'm in California though. This at least means they are producing M3s with this configuration and have doled at least one out to a non reservation holder. This is the first hopeful sign I've seen for my situation. But just to confirm, yours for sure is an MR right?

Confirmed. MR

Reactions: pdp1
Just looked at all the delivery confirmation inputs on the spreadsheet yesterday and today... almost all are East Coast reservations MA, MD and VA. A few non-reservations snuck in. Mostly black and MSM's and all black seats. It's clear Tesla is making things right for the reservation holders and people who might have long transport times. I am guessing about 2000 confirmations are going out as we speak. I anticipate if you are midwest, you'll hear by next week and West Coast probably last week of the month.

Reactions: model3fan
Just looked at all the delivery confirmation inputs on the spreadsheet yesterday and today... almost all are East Coast reservations MA, MD and VA. A few non-reservations snuck in. Mostly black and MSM's and all black seats. It's clear Tesla is making things right for the reservation holders and people who might have long transport times. I am guessing about 2000 confirmations are going out as we speak. I anticipate if you are midwest, you'll hear by next week and West Coast probably last week of the month.
Do you think they’ll shift to white interior for east coast before shifting to west coast?

Just curious, how many people put in an order before the price change (say 10/18 - 10/20), but then had Tesla send you an updated order agreement saying you made the configuration on 10/30?

I'm worried that we got pushed to the back of the list by 10+ days.

YES. I ordered within hours of announcement on the 18th - black/white int/aero/no EAP/all cash. Live in Cleveland and day 1 reservation holder at time of reveal. I ended up changing my color from black to blue within 24 hours. I was worried that screwed me but my local Tesla handler called me a couple days later and said not to worry. Then I got the "updated" order agreement on 10/30 totally out of the blue which showed price increase for MR but no change in my total owed.

Crickets over here - I know I shouldn't be worried about the white interior choice, but damn, I'm starting to regret it now.

Just refreshed my account page and have a delivery date of 11/26 @ Mt. Kisco.

My build config is in my signature. Ordered 10/25. Blue MR, Black Int, 18" Aero, EAP, not a line waiter, no reservation.

No email or anything. IT'S GO TIME PEOPLE!!!