Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking on this thread since mid October and finally decided to post. Got the text this afternoon with my delivery date of 12/3!

• MR
  • Red Multi-coat
  • Black interior
  • No EAP
  • 19" Sport Wheels
  • Ordered 10/20
  • No reservation
  • Not a current owner
  • Home delivery schedule for 12/3 in Aurora IL

Hopefully this will be encouraging to those waiting for red multi-coat in the midwest

Reactions: Cleveland M3
And finally I have a delivery date :)
  • MR
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • Black interior
  • EAP
  • 19" Sport Wheels
  • Ordered 10/18
  • Was a Day 1 reservation holder but when I ordered it created me a new reservation number. Customer service convinced me to cancel my reservation and I did without thinking
  • Not a current owner
  • Home delivery schedule for 12/4 in Seattle, WA

• MR
  • White
  • EAP
  • Aero
  • Ordered 10/22
  • No reservation (Was Dec 2016 reservation holder but canceled in Aug, 2018)
  • Not a current owner
  • Cash payment
  • No trade-in
  • First time poster here :D
Got email around 7pm today (Nov 13) for home delivery on Dec 5. Location - Orlando, FL.

I don't think cash or trade-in didn't really matter in my build priority.

Strong indication that if you ordered within the 9 to 10 week window, just sit back, relax, and you will get yours before 31st.

That’s encouraging news. What color interior? Im also in Orlando, current Model S owner and day 1 reservation holder. Ordered a M3 on 10/14. Midnight Silver with White/Black interior 19 in wheels and EAP.

Last edited:
A couple follow-ups on my experience so far:

Once I was given a delivery date, I was automatically scheduled for home delivery, which was not my preference. I contacted them on Monday ahead of my delivery appointment tomorrow (!!!) and they had no problem with changing the delivery to my local delivery center in Littleton, CO. In fact, they were more flexible about my delivery time if I picked up at the delivery center.

Also, I ordered on 10/19 before you could use a referral code to get 6 months free super charging. I had heard Tesla would retroactively apply it to previous Mid Range orders that missed out. I called Tesla, and was put in contact with a local owner adviser who had no problem adding a referral code the day before my delivery.

This is just my experience with Tesla in Colorado, but figured its be worth sharing.

That moment when you finally see the email from Tesla, only to discover it's just a promotional for a local test drive. Argh! Any PNW lemur deliveries out there yet? Passing by M3 carriers on I-5 everyday keeps the optimism strong!

Placed order in the Washington Square store
10/19 MR no reservation, not current owner
black/black aero, no EAP

That moment when you finally see the email from Tesla, only to discover it's just a promotional for a local test drive. Argh! Any PNW lemur deliveries out there yet? Passing by M3 carriers on I-5 everyday keeps the optimism strong!

black/black aero, no EAP

Ordered at Washington square as well on the 8th. Went with LR AWD though, got the same email and got really excited when I saw who it was from.

....then super bummed when I read it

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx
I am in Plano, Tx. Agree that it would be nice if they would at least tell use we are on track to get our cars before year end. Ordered 10/18 day 3 reservation holder and have heard nothing since ordering black with white interior.

I was never given an option to pick up at service center. Home delivery was the only option given to me.

I am in Plano as well. I don't think the Plano service center does deliveries yet. Once I get delivery notification, I plan to change to Dallas service center

Based on all known info, I believe you're absolutely correct. I also ordered MR blue/white. Westmont (Chicago) delivery since I'm in Iowa. Crickets for me, too. But I think Tesla wisely is running all black interiors first that are headed to the East Coast. Then they'll do Midwest, but likely all the black interiors first. Then I'm expecting they'll run white interiors to the East Coast, followed by our white interiors to the Midwest...hopefully beginning the shipping process by end of Nov via UP rail...which could take 2 days to 2 weeks depending on whether our auto rail cars get stranded in a UP rail yard, as Santa edges us out in favor of dumb Christmas toys for bratty kids ;). And, yes, everyone in CA will have their MR 3s manufactured - and delivered - in December! So we all just need to un-follow this TMC thread until Thanksgiving, and then give thanks we did so :)

Give me Five.. My delivery center is Westmont too.. but I live just 5 miles across. Lol..

Mine is MR blue with black interior

I ordered MR MSM black interior EAP aero wheels on 11/4. I’m probably not considered a reservation holder. I say probably because I stood in line day 1 but I gave my reservation to my Dad who bought the car last May. I’m near Fremont. Question I have for everyone is since I ordered kind of late, if it gets to December and I haven’t heard anything I could still cancel if no car has been assigned, correct? But what if they lock me in by giving me a delivery date after 12/31? How far out would they do that? More than 2 weeks?

I've been lurking on this thread since mid October and finally decided to post. Got the text this afternoon with my delivery date of 12/3!

That's good about time some reds started rolling off.
  • MR
  • Red Multi-coat
  • Black interior
  • No EAP
  • 19" Sport Wheels
  • Ordered 10/20
  • No reservation
  • Not a current owner

Hopefully this will be encouraging to those waiting for red multi-coat in the midwest

• MR
  • Red Multi-coat
  • Black interior
  • No EAP
  • 19" Sport Wheels
  • Ordered 10/20
  • No reservation
  • Not a current owner

About time some reds started rolling off Same date order and config with regular wheels Located Tacoma area. Haven't heard a word.

black/black aero, no EAP

Tacoma area here. No word on my delivery. Ordered 20th.

black/black aero, no EAP

In Seattle area - received a delivery confirmation e-mail today at 5:30pm. Copying content from my other thread -
  • MR
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • Black interior
  • EAP
  • 19" Sport Wheels
  • Ordered 10/18
  • Was a Day 1 reservation holder but when I ordered it created me a new reservation number. Customer service convinced me to cancel my reservation and I did without thinking
  • Not a current owner
  • Home delivery schedule for 12/4 in Seattle, WA