Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White exterior
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
RWD
non-reservation/ non owner
configured 10/18
received weird order modification email from Tesla on 10/30 (I didn't modify anything)..sales rep can't figure out why
I'm in southern California

no far, no vin, no contact which seems to be the case for most non-reservation holders in the west coast (I'm in southern California)

Good luck everyone!

You're not alone, you and I ordered on the same build on the same date and received the same order modification on 10/30!

For folks that are still waiting and wishing Tesla would be more transparent/communicative. You are not wrong. Communication is not their strong suit. But they also said on their order page 6-10 weeks and if you aren’t even at half the middle of that range, you shouldn’t be expecting too much from them. Yes, it would be nice, but if you get past 4 weeks (half of 8 midpoint) without contact, then I can understand being upset.

FYI that before the Model 3, there was a pi.- style tracker of the car as it progressed through various stages to delivery. People would get all up and down in arms about it spending so much time in at one step vs. another. So it’s a lose-lose between both methods.

Reactions: shanif
White exterior
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
RWD
non-reservation/ non owner
configured 10/18
received weird order modification email from Tesla on 10/30 (I didn't modify anything)..sales rep can't figure out why
I'm in southern California

no far, no vin, no contact which seems to be the case for most non-reservation holders in the west coast (I'm in southern California)

Good luck everyone!
Super curious when you'll get your delivery date. I configured 10/20 but am a day 0 reservation holder. We ordered the same car and are within a 30min drive of each other.

For folks that are still waiting and wishing Tesla would be more transparent/communicative. You are not wrong. Communication is not their strong suit. But they also said on their order page 6-10 weeks and if you aren’t even at half the middle of that range, you shouldn’t be expecting too much from them. Yes, it would be nice, but if you get past 4 weeks (half of 8 midpoint) without contact, then I can understand being upset.

FYI that before the Model 3, there was a pi.- style tracker of the car as it progressed through various stages to delivery. People would get all up and down in arms about it spending so much time in at one step vs. another. So it’s a lose-lose between both methods.
In 3 days I’ll be at week 4 of a 6-10 week estimate.

Reactions: Cyclone
Same here as well.

I ordered a LR on 10/15, changed it to MR via email at 1am on 10/19, then forced the change myself via backdoor edit link at 10am.

So if I'd have stuck to LR I would have definitely gotten a delivery date by now. If I wouldn't have went white seats (the main reason we decided to change, trading 50miles of range for black-->white, black-->white, 18"-->19" for just $500 more), I likely would have received a delivery date at this point, per the spreadsheet. I can't help but make thing worse at every step!

Now I regret changing anything, but especially the white interior. If I get it before the end of the year it'll be worth it, but if I don't, I'll have to cancel my order and probably wait almost a year for a SR. Being a realtor, the tax credit literally means keeping $7,500 in cash in my bank account immediately, which I plan to use for the first year's payments while I continue to save up. I plan to always have a year of payments available, and pay off chunks of the car as I get big commissions.

I'm in the midwest, so my 6 week estimate would mean delivery by 12/1, and according to the spreadsheet, typical VIN to delivery time to Indiana is 14 days, so if I don't see movement on white seats being produced in the next week or so, I'm going to attempt to get matched with an inventory car, either LR or MR, or attempt to change to black interior MR.

Request: mid range model needs to be added to the online trip planner.

I don't know how useful this feature is after you are already in possession of your car, but it would be nice to see how much you need to charge to go various places when you are deciding between models.

Sorry if you can't see my signature on mobile - I'll recap:

10/23 MR RWD Order | Pearl White, Black Interior | 18" Wheels | EAP | No Reservation | Delivery Scheduled: 12/10

Received text message today at 3:02pm EST with delivery date of 12/10 at 6pm. Text came from area code 510 = Oakland.

Text message said my deliver would be at the West Palm Beach location an hour North of me, despite there being a Tesla shop 2 minutes from me...I will try to get that changed.

When I log in to Tesla.com I see no VIN and below my delivery date it has my home address...so I will need to clarify where my delivery is and if it's WPB, try to get it changed to Miami.

Sorry if you can't see my signature on mobile - I'll recap:

10/23 MR RWD Order | Pearl White, Black Interior | 18" Wheels | EAP | No Reservation | Delivery Scheduled: 12/10

Received text message today at 3:02pm EST with delivery date of 12/10 at 6pm. Text came from area code 510 = Oakland.

Text message said my deliver would be at the West Palm Beach location an hour North of me, despite there being a Tesla shop 2 minutes from me...I will try to get that changed.

When I log in to Tesla.com I see no VIN and below my delivery date it has my home address...so I will need to clarify where my delivery is and if it's WPB, try to get it changed to Miami.

Didn't know it was limited to mobile. My bad. It works on the same browser (Chrome) on an iPad though. Weird design scheme by the website.

For those who submitted a trade-in self evaluation, how long did it take for them to turn it around and provide an answer? Also, could you share the next step in how that process goes? I’m wondering if the total due automatically adjusts if you “accept” the offer. Is there even an option to decline the offer?

I submitted my self evaluation on Tuesday evening and the system said within 24-hours I should hear something ... nothing yet though.