Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Daily update:

Still nothing for me

Going to call Tuesday if I haven't heard by then.

I tried that at the 3 week mark for me. It got me nothing except chastised for looking at forums :) I explained to the nice lady that forums was the only way to get ANY status at all about what is going. If Tesla wanted to provide me better status I would be glad to listen. She had nothing to add after that.

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx
As I started looking at the tracker again a few minutes ago, the other variable that I think we need to consider is the train transport. More than likely cars are batched together by location across all model types. Including X and S's I would assume. So, even if your black on black standard Model 3 Mid Range in Raleigh, NC(where I am at), has been made, if they also have to make a Red S that is going to the same place, your car may be on hold until that is done so they can be sent together.

That does not explain all the oddities that we see, but I'm sure it contributes in some places.

It still sucks that they cannot provide us better status in some cases, but maybe explains why some of the delays that we don't think make sense.

Hopefully the newly purchased truck fleet helps solve some of that problem.

Personally will not change my order to white interior. As I understand it, one can cancel order up until a VIN is assigned? So will wait till Dec 10 or 15 and only if there are no news by then would consider another color combo. First preference LR with white interior second MR with black. As far as comments here about white interior holding up orders, only true evidence we have now of current supply available (not months ago) is Tesla making white interior available to all configs and at lower price than before. For all I know starting next week we may be only hearing from folks with white interior.

Personally will not change my order to white interior. As I understand it, one can cancel order up until a VIN is assigned? So will wait till Dec 10 or 15 and only if there are no news by then would consider another color combo. First preference LR with white interior second MR with black. As far as comments here about white interior holding up orders, only true evidence we have now of current supply available (not months ago) is Tesla making white interior available to all configs and at lower price than before. For all I know starting next week we may be only hearing from folks with white interior.

I’m going to wait another week or two before seriously considering a change from white interior to black. I like the look of the white so I may just roll the dice altogether.

Been really busy today and haven’t see if someone already posted this, but check out the order page!

Attachments

• 9E9AFD32-47D8-4631-B777-086CCAC343E7.jpeg
    9E9AFD32-47D8-4631-B777-086CCAC343E7.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 73
Still not sweating white interior "delay." We are on schedule like we knew when we placed the order. Just because others are getting cars doesn't mean you need to worry. The guaranteed delivery tweet is even more evidence to not stress.

Hold fast, white interior orderers. You'll soon forget this time when you receive your car before December 31. And you'll be happier since you have a much nicer looking car ;)

Texted my DA today and they let me know my car is in transit and are likely going to be able to move up my delivery date.

Delivery scheduled for 12/4.
All Black, Aero, EAP.
Day 0 reservation.
Dedham, MA delivery.

@PLFour Did you receive any other communication from Tesla after the text with your delivery date? I just got that one from a Meloni stating my date for the Dedham delivery and that she'd send me an email with contact info and such. So I've been waiting around for that.

06661E83-8F4E-4DBA-B2AA-E335EF1F7D5B.jpeg
Still not sweating white interior "delay." We are on schedule like we knew when we placed the order. Just because others are getting cars doesn't mean you need to worry. The guaranteed delivery tweet is even more evidence to not stress.

Hold fast, white interior orderers. You'll soon forget this time when you receive your car before December 31. And you'll be happier since you have a much nicer looking car ;)

Reactions: eloder