Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been just over 5 weeks since I placed my order (10/21) MSM, White Interior, Aeros in San Diego and still have not heard back. I'm well aware I'm in the bunch of White Interiors who haven't heard anything back and apparently SoCal is seeing a delay as well compared to other areas so I just emailed my rep to see if there is any update on expected delivery. When I was first contacted I was told 6 weeks would probably be around the time I would see delivery and that date is fast approaching with no contact. Just updating on my situation in case anyone else is in the same boat as me, you're not alone. Will be back if I hear anything worth reporting. Hang in there white interior orders! I'm sure we'll get delivery before EOY.
I'm also a white interior, 10/18 reservation. I went to speak to a rep at the local Tesla store on Saturday. He checked my reservation and said not to worry and that I will hear something in the next two weeks. He said once you get VIN assigned, things move really fast so we have a bit of time until EOY.

Reactions: Heecct
I just received a text that my M3 has arrived at the delivery center. I was previously texted with a 12/4 delivery appointment a few weeks ago. I don’t have a VIN yet and no one at the actual delivery center has contacted me at all. I am 3 hours from the delivery center so I can’t just can’t just drop by to check it out. Hopefully, I will get to talk with an actual person tomorrow.

Phew. That's good to know. I still see the Edit Design button though and I talked to a Sales Advisor and he said a vin hasn't been assigned. Is that normal?

Hard to say what's normal... I think the VIN showed up next day on my account. But we were in the store, the Owner Advisor matched a vehicle that was in my city, and then literally assigned the VIN in front of me on their database. (well he tried, got an error, I went out for a test drive while he took care of it)

For people that already have taken delivery of their cars has Tesla been pretty good about getting you the final bill of sale or MVPA 72 hours before your delivery date? My credit union is just waiting on the final bill of sale before the completely finalize the loan. I emailed my IDA but he said it wouldn't be there until 72 hours before delivery date.

Also it seems as though they are out of MWC on the Tesla site as I see no listing for them currently. Do the service centers usually stock some of the stuff for sale?

just picked up black/black/18 at Tysons today. delivery was pretty straight forward. coming from a tesla already so i didnt do the whole intro to the controls bit. Fit and finish looks pretty solid. was a small paint chip on the rear of the drivers side rear door. Otherwise no issues. Will probably notice a few more things overtime but nothing crazy. much better than my previous two! also, its no slouch, i was concerned moving from a 4s S to a 5.6s 3. I'm satisfied with the speed.

Lemur got home delivered today! Half an hour before, my electrician completed the 240V install in my garage. Perfect timing and had a sec of heart stopping moment when I first plugged it in and the T blue light kept pulsing blue and then finally turned green.

Have not driven it yet but am looking over the car and have zero issues so far. DA says I have 72 hours to document any flaws or concerns.

I'm so overwhelmed right now. Trunk mats also came in, waiting on the floor mats which looks like they will come in separately.

Definitely a dream finally realized.

For people that already have taken delivery of their cars has Tesla been pretty good about getting you the final bill of sale or MVPA 72 hours before your delivery date? My credit union is just waiting on the final bill of sale before the completely finalize the loan. I emailed my IDA but he said it wouldn't be there until 72 hours before delivery date.

Also it seems as though they are out of MWC on the Tesla site as I see no listing for them currently. Do the service centers usually stock some of the stuff for sale?

I got it at 5pm the day before delivery.

Thanks for the updates as I sit here and am kept waiting I may just downgrade my AWD and go Lemur.

I wonder if I did , if they would honor my price @$45k since that was my original order. They failed on my RWD delivery so that was not my fault....

Lemur Range May not be too far off AWD since it takes a hit the more and more I read the forums and days pass.

10/19 order

black / black / aero / no EAP

East Coast / central PA / late reservation holder (7/14/17)

Selected Bmore as my delivery location cause that is my closest. Hope that isnt causing me issues.

Third party financing / no trade / proof of ins uploaded and on the next screen.

Sadly I have heard nothing in a month. :(

I have a delivery date! 12/12

woohooo. Its gonna happen people.

I'm starting to question if Tesla can actually deliver what they are promising. They're still taking orders through 11/30 (even for white interior MidRange Model 3) and promising Dec delivery. I am a 3/31/2016 (day 0) reservation holder and orderd on 10/20 but I haven't heard anything. If Tesla isn't communicating to me by this point, can they really pull through building and delivery of all orders placed over the past month or two within the next 4 weeks?

Am I not understanding how this works? Are the VIN and delivery date assigned after the car has already left the factory and are en route? Perhaps they're amassing a large supply of cars that will leave the factory over the next few weeks and we will receive notifications when they are already on the way.

Reactions: jsrawa
I'm starting to question if Tesla can actually deliver what they are promising. They're still taking orders through 11/30 (even for white interior MidRange Model 3) and promising Dec delivery. I am a 3/31/2016 (day 0) reservation holder and orderd on 10/20 but I haven't heard anything. If Tesla isn't communicating to me by this point, can they really pull through building and delivery of all orders placed over the past month or two within the next 4 weeks?

Am I not understanding how this works? Are the VIN and delivery date assigned after the car has already left the factory and are en route? Perhaps they're amassing a large supply of cars that will leave the factory over the next few weeks and we will receive notifications when they are already on the way.
Are you a white interior?

I'm going by what Sales Advisor said to me. We should see our accounts update in next two weeks. If we don't hear anything by say Dec 10, that's when I'll push the Panic button :)