Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try these:
mykeln/teslaprep
http://www.teslachecklists.com/model-3-delivery-checklist/

Not sure it makes a difference where you have delivery in terms of being able to reject. My car is scheduled for home delivery as well and most on the forum suggest switching to service center but then someone has to drive me there and if it is late and car is on the parking lot, light will not be as good as in my garage.

Thank you. You reminded me to change delivery time to an earlier time too. Currently it's scheduled after 6PM, too dark to spot any paint issues.

SoCal MR line waiting since 10/21
Blue, black, 18”, no EAP
Non-owner, no reservation

I have been following this thread since page 3. My last car was smashed by a tree, so I have been ride sharing. Didn’t hear anything for 5 weeks. I really needed a car, or just any update, so I walked into Mission Viejo showroom on Sunday. Same answer about end of year. I asked about long range rear wheel drive option, and they quickly matched at least two with my preference (has to be blue!) It is $4000 more in the end including taxes. I guess the ride sharing situation has driven me crazy, so I jumped on it!

The one I picked has a manufacture date 11/10/2018, 4 miles on it. OA said they continue to make them even though it’s off the menu. With my big blue sitting in the garage, I am so much happier than, wow, just 3 days ago. If long range is an option, ask your OA. He can pull a list of inventory near you. Good luck everyone!

SoCal MR line waiting since 10/21
Blue, black, 18”, no EAP
Non-owner, no reservation

I have been following this thread since page 3. My last car was smashed by a tree, so I have been ride sharing. Didn’t hear anything for 5 weeks. I really needed a car, or just any update, so I walked into Mission Viejo showroom on Sunday. Same answer about end of year. I asked about long range rear wheel drive option, and they quickly matched at least two with my preference (has to be blue!) It is $4000 more in the end including taxes. I guess the ride sharing situation has driven me crazy, so I jumped on it!

The one I picked has a manufacture date 11/10/2018, 4 miles on it. OA said they continue to make them even though it’s off the menu. With my big blue sitting in the garage, I am so much happier than, wow, just 3 days ago. If long range is an option, ask your OA. He can pull a list of inventory near you. Good luck everyone!

Exact same car as you, except order date was 10/20 and wanted EAP. I've been emailing my OA from Brea for the past week and he hasn't responded. I was even at the Fremont factory on the 22nd, took the tour and asked if they had any long range rwd. Was told they had none. My wife and I also prefer blue and at this point, might be willing to spend the extra 4k for 50 more EV miles. Your OA works at that Mission Viejo showroom?

I placed order on October 27, 2018 for Model 3 Mid Range RWD with EAP. I haven't heard back from them yet after the order. I read other posts that the VIN assignment and delivery dates are scheduled in couple of days or max 1 - 2 weeks. Any reason why it could be different for my order?

Is updating payment info mandatory for delivery process? I am planning to get 3rd party loan from a Credit Union but I don't see any option on Tesla website for update the loan details (only Cash or Tesla loan options are available.).

GOT AN UPDATE! I logged in this morning and they asked for my final payment, aka, the downpayment which I was able to do a bank transfer right on the site.

Did that and now it shows 0 due (did financing through my credit union for the remaining balance). Hopefully my car get's to the dealership in time for my Dec 4 pick up date!!

I placed order on October 27, 2018 for Model 3 Mid Range RWD with EAP. I haven't heard back from them yet after the order. I read other posts that the VIN assignment and delivery dates are scheduled in couple of days or max 1 - 2 weeks. Any reason why it could be different for my order?

Is updating payment info mandatory for delivery process? I am planning to get 3rd party loan from a Credit Union but I don't see any option on Tesla website for update the loan details (only Cash or Tesla loan options are available.).

@mytesla, I would call Tesla sales. I ordered mine on 10/26 and my order was not moving other than the initial deposit and uploading all my requested documents but once I called the sales order number a associate said he needed to fix something on their end that was holding my order , i think it was something with my name or address. Once he did this I got my financing back immediately and the texts started with delivery dates. I picked up my model 3 this past Monday in New York. What a awesome car.

So I would start calling them.

Good luck. Doug

Ordered back in October. Didn't see where my $1000 reservation in the detail payment. Called on Tuesday. I had started a design when first available. Never completed it since I wasn't interested in a LR high performance car. Seems my $1000 was attached to that. Tesla said to delete the design and next page gave refund instructions..received my $1000 today...two days isn't bad. Delivery scheduled for 12/4.

Ordered 10/21 non-reservation holder - Mid-Range/Red/18"/EAP/Orlando

received notification on 11/19 about 12/11 delivery date. Did not get VIN assigned yet. Called Tesla delivery support number and they asked me to upload my existing insurance and then they emailed new MVPA with VIN on it.

Picking up tomorrow and don’t even see ACH or final MVPA in my account.

Local SC said just bring 2 checks.... one from financing company and personal check for rest of downpayment. Also mine is self register state. So will have to do title and stuff by myself.

Just called the Tesla sales, Alex from Utah is the one with whom I'm talking .. asked if there is any hold up on my account, he said none and that things should move good now on MR orders. I asked if white interior is delaying things, he said nope and that several MR orders with white are already delivered across (don't know how true it is!). He gave a free advice, be patient:)

Midnight Silver
RWD
MR
Black Interior
No EAP

Ordered the first day Oct. 18, and had my reservation for over a year. Haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully soon! I was one of the first Canadians to order this model for sure. If anyone ordered Oct. 18, they probably know that today is the 6 week mark from that date, so the 6-10 week delivery range has officially opened. Obviously that doesn't mean too much, as plenty of people have gotten their MR already.