Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Annnnnnd the 3MR was delivered yesterday. No major issues with defects but made note of some minor panel mis-alignments and will have them take a look to see if any adjustments are possible.

In other non-news, Direct Delivery sucks and is extremely non-personal. The driver immediately ordered an Uber ride back to the SC and didn’t offer any how-tos and tips on how to operate the car.

So, if you find issues with the car, do you have some way to get them fixed/acknowledged by Tesla?

Ordered 11/22
Midnight Silver
Aero Wheels
White Interior
EAP
Atlanta, Georgia

I chose a loan arranged through Tesla as my payment method. Then I got an email 11/30 that said "To move forward in the delivery process, please provide the following information:" And then told me to confirm delivery location, upload drivers license, confirm name and address for registration, and confirm payment method. The problem is I already filled all of this out when I first ordered the car.

If I use the link in the email to log in, the words "Model 3" and the reservation number are red, but if I log in without using the link they're black like they should be. Does anyone know what could be happening?

I ordered on 11/23 and received the same email on 11/30 as well. It was very odd since all my information is filled out and complete and documents uploaded in the Tesla account as well. I emailed [email protected] yesterday since that is where the email originated from, but have yet to hear back from anyone.

Makes two of us! Also reservation holder since Aug 2017. Seems like that doesn’t matter anymore. Do you guys think next week is the week? “Hey your car is ready”.... can’t wait!

I hope that next week is the week! I get why they want to cover the east coast and middle of the country first and save us 'locals' for easy delivery in December. However, I am ready to stop waiting. Reservation holder since 6/2016.

For those of who are still waiting for a delivery date, I am curious as to your thought process on not just paying the $3K (or $4K) more to get the LR3, which seems to be a guaranteed 2018 delivery. I am in Los Angeles, so I haven't heard anything as well. I am thinking about contacting my local SC to inquire about any available LR3 in my preferred configuration with immediate delivery. I'm financing, so 3K over 5 or 6 years isn't much.

For those of who are still waiting for a delivery date, I am curious as to your thought process on not just paying the $3K (or $4K) more to get the LR3, which seems to be a guaranteed 2018 delivery. I am in Los Angeles, so I haven't heard anything as well. I am thinking about contacting my local SC to inquire about any available LR3 in my preferred configuration with immediate delivery. I'm financing, so 3K over 5 or 6 years isn't much.

I think that your thought line is solid. The only reason that I did not pull the trigger earlier was simply financial. Even with the Midrange, I am outside my 'comfort zone' when it comes to car payment and debt. If this car was not electric and getting this range, I would not be doing this at all. My money is soaked up with mortgage and family. BUT, I'm putting my money where my mouth is, meaning I said that when I could afford to go electric, I would, BUT IT HAD TO BE FUN TOO. the midrange with the tax credit got me there. But you are right, the long range would not have added that much to the car payment over time. Psychological I guess. If the money is there the extra range could come in handy in my opinion, especially in this LONG state we live in. Won't hurt to see your options...

Reactions: KS88

Im not stressing over the delivery date and I am getting the config I want. Long Range RWD with white interiors do not exist so spending the additional $4k now would cut into the $7500 federal rebate and I don’t want the all black interior.

When Elon said the MR cars will be delivered by the end of the year, I didn't really believe it, but now after seeing that Tesla order page indicated delivery by Dec 31, I am confident that they either deliver before the end of the year or they'll eat up the difference associated w/ losing half the tax credit.

So, I'm staying w/ the MR because it's a better deal.

$4 over 5 years is still $4 (actually a little more due to the interest).

Reactions: johnny chimpo
Not happy and buyer beware!

Pick up mine tonight @ springfield NJ, MR blk on blk EAP. Sratches on the paint both fender and door; also one paint clip on rear lid and few more lite marks here and there. All they do was buffed it but not helped. And the rep said all I can do is reject the car and reorder another but I would not go to make dec 31th. So basically take it or leave it if I want full incentive.

I also asked if they will repaint it and the rep said no!

I end up took the car and will talk to service rep and see if it can be fix.

Also my schedule was 3:30pm but I didn't see my car until 4:30pm and they brought it outdoor. It was already getting dark but luckily still bright enough to see all the issue with the help of a flash light.

For all of you waiting one and want to get it within this year. Try to schedule earlier delivery hour and prepare what you want to do beforehand if the car have paint issues. I had to make my decision on the spot which is tough.

Other than that so far the car drive like a dream. I have BMW x1 28xi with tune to 311hp and 0-60 around 5.8sec and MR feel faster.

Seeing as my car was already in Charlotte and I needed to go into service for my S, I walked the lot and the very first black aero 3 I look at was my VIN. The car looked great, even panel gaps, and only one minor bit that may have been taken care of before delivery on Wednesday. I sent it over to my local delivery person anyway so he could have the delivery team address them.

895A01B9-3305-49AE-9C78-A3CB582EB7AD.jpegD1278B91-28AD-42AF-BB15-7651F1864DF9.jpegA95BEB6F-F027-441A-9C09-103B3F9E6EA6.jpeg2EB23CA9-C9D8-4E0E-B2F0-9A882BAB672D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleveland M3
Just as a data point for the East coast for pickup at Devon, PA...

27 October - Ordered MSM/Black Interior/Aero wheels/Autopilot (non-reservation holder)

20 November - Date of manufacture of the car as indicated on sticker

21 November - Spoke with Tesla about switching to third party financing from Tesla financing. IDA offered up VIN when I asked if it existed, yet (I didn't know the car was built the previous day)

21 November - Date of 7 December showed up online for delivery date

27 November - Received text that the car was available for pickup as soon as I wanted it.

28 November - Negotiated 1 December to pick up car

1 December - Picked up car in Devon

I can't believe it took only one week from manufacturing to delivery on the East coast!

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
Same for me. 27mi from Fremont factory. Home delivery appt shows on 12/3 @2-4pm, but Edit Design link is still there. No VIN assigned yet. Tesla email said my DA (named) will contact me, but nothing. I have no trade-in but trying to finance thru Tesla.

They better come thru cuz I’m taking off work!

Suspicious that I was scheduled for delivery but had not been assigned a VIN, I called HQ Tesla and waited 40 mins to be told that it was a “mistake” and that delivery will not be tomorrow. Booooo...