Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suspicious that I was scheduled for delivery but had not been assigned a VIN, I called HQ Tesla and waited 40 mins to be told that it was a “mistake” and that delivery will not be tomorrow. Booooo...

Things like this concerns me about their ability to support their customers after the purchase. The company is growing really fast and at times it appears they are making it up as they go. I guess that's the price of getting a futuristic car.

Reactions: lux tsla and V__2
I've officially canceled my white interior order, best of luck to the rest of you on the tax credit! I'm too spooked by the last-week December delivery dates for black interior being scheduled with some people now. Plus when customer service tried to add EAP to my order, they changed it to an AWD configuration--switching back resulted in the MR price increase that nobody seems able to fix and I'm sure my place in line was reset.

I'll wait for SR or possibly even later to wait for customer service to be less disorganized.

I've officially canceled my white interior order, best of luck to the rest of you on the tax credit! I'm too spooked by the last-week December delivery dates for black interior being scheduled with some people now. Plus when customer service tried to add EAP to my order, they changed it to an AWD configuration--switching back resulted in the MR price increase that nobody seems able to fix and I'm sure my place in line was reset.

I'll wait for SR or possibly even later to wait for customer service to be less disorganized.
Best of luck comrade.

3/31/2016 Reservation Holder
Existing owner
Configured 10/18/2018
Black on black, 18” wheels, no EAP
Not a peep until text and a very detailed, long email tonight
Delivery in Charlotte NC 12/05/2018

My portal changed today with more details. I guess 3rd party financing was set on the back-end, but it says ACH or bring check on delivery day, and lists my financing over 100% with a Estimated Due of -$xxx :)

It then goes on to list my driver license info and insurance on the Lexus the Model ≡ will be replacing. Still no VIN listed or in the page source. I didn’t bother asking if I had one because I honesty don’t care what my VIN until I have to put it on the loan and insurance paperwork.

My black on black, aero wheel LEMuR has arrived in Charlotte ahead of my 12/5 delivery date. I can pick it up whenever the paperwork is ready, thought seeing as I’m out of the country still, that may not be any earlier than originally planned. I don’t have a VIN yet on my portal and the Backdoor edit design has stopped working.

Seeing as my car was already in Charlotte and I needed to go into service for my S, I walked the lot and the very first black aero 3 I look at was my VIN. The car looked great, even panel gaps, and only one minor bit that may have been taken care of before delivery on Wednesday. I sent it over to my local delivery person anyway so he could have the delivery team address them.

View attachment 357144View attachment 357145View attachment 357146View attachment 357142

FYI that tonight at 2.5 days (over 48 hours, roughly 60 hours) to delivery, Tesla has provided me a signed MVPA. I can pick up whenever I want, but I don't plan on changing my Wednesday morning delivery since I am just going back to work tomorrow from two weeks off and already scheduled Wednesday off.

Any SoCal MR delivery dates recently? I felt like there was some movement last week but haven't seen anything come through in the last few days (at least in this forum) for Socal. 11/4 line waiter, black/black, EAP, Aero here. Wondering about switching to LR in case I don't hear anything by mid week. Thoughts?

@bonnie this may not be "a thing" but given the recent issue of Tesla not pulling a batch of late June orders into production due to a database query issue, I'm now wondering if the complete lack of white interior MR builds might be similar. Can you escalate?

For those awaiting an MR with white interior, you may be interested to filter the first tab of Troy's worksheet linked here:
Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker #3
In it, I note 93 MR orders with white interior, zero of which have received a VIN. I also note 43 non-MR yet white interior Model 3s since Oct 18 which I believe is when MRs were first presented for ordering, nearly all of which have self-reported a VIN...many were delivered within a week of the order indicating an inventory match, while nearly all others were delivered around a month after ordering. And of course we all know that MRs with black interior are flowing now.

The good news is that if 93 MRs with white interior is representative of the overall 1.5% sample rate in the workbook, there's only ~6200 white interior Model 3s currently awaiting a VIN/production/delivery. That's 1-1.5 weeks of production, so all could be manufactured and delivered by 12/31 even as of today.

The key in my mind is to ensure that Tesla's database queries to tell production what to assemble are including white interior MRs.
Because there are non-MR Model 3s being built with white interiors, implying some sort of unintentional gap in logic right now.

If I were seeking a white interior MR by 12/31, I would be making friends with a local SA to get a sense of how many inventory black interior MRs are floating around, and how many inventory white LRs are floating around, in case I decide to change my order to ensure I get a Model 3 by 12/31. I'd make my order change by roughly 12/7 if I lived on the east coast, by 12/25 if I lived near the factory. You don't want to be late to this type of researching, because as the days click by without any MR white interior VINs being assigned, a proverbial run on the inventory bank becomes more likely. Good luck to all with decisions/actions.

Good luck all.

Original estimate from Tesla was that they need at least 3 to 4 weeks for delivery to East coast .. which means, if ppl don't receive updates this coming week, then no chance of delivery by EOY for East Coast and some MidWest states ...

I'm in Texas, still waiting for the very first notification from Tesla :(

Reactions: brainded