Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys... I need words of inspiration and some love from Tesla. I am starting to get very impatient with the lack of communication.
Just recieved one text ("Monday text") and thats about it!

So I’m worried now by the fact that I didn’t get the text.

Seems everyone in Chicago is getting a delivery text from yesterday but crickets for me.. :(

Mine Blue Exterior & White Interior

Well, I received no text at all and there is no sign of life in my account so you have one up on me.....

Approximately 3 weeks left and I'm not feeling very confident.

Well, I received no text at all and there is no sign of life in my account so you have one up on me.....

Approximately 3 weeks left and I'm not feeling very confident.

Hang in there. I heard absolutely nothing until last evening when I received my delivery date text & email for a week from today from scheduling advisor (and CS provided VIN when I called, they said no official DA assigned yet), and I'm further away from Fremont than you are by a day's drive!

Guys... I need words of inspiration and some love from Tesla. I am starting to get very impatient with the lack of communication.

Seems everyone in Chicago is getting a delivery text from yesterday but crickets for me.. :(

I cant give you words of encouragement I can just tell you others feel your pain.

...and I'm further away from Fremont than you are by a day's drive!
I think that is the point. People like me that are close to the factory are not getting deliveries because I'm guessing they think they can do those at the last possible minute (like on the 31st). At this point it doesn't appear to matter when you ordered, just how far you are from the factory. And while people in LA and Seattle got the text about 20th-31st delivery, many in the Bay Area did not. That is very disconcerting.

they are pushing these out as quick as possible. East coast is getting them now. Be patient and confident there is still alot of time. Talk to me on the 20th if I dont hear anything by then. I am just being optimistic and giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt that they are working as hard as they can to get out all these deliveries.

I got Monday text, but no Thursday one.
Delivery was just scheduled for 14th for my blue/white!

So I was on the fence for a MR and LR and the deciding factor was the LR was to far away for me to pick up. Was content with the MR especially after I confirmed delivery next week. But... my local OA called and said they got in the exact LR model I was looking for.

I don’t do a ton of driving but we do occasionally go on camping trips. But from resale value I thought having the long range might help the car retain value as the standard mileage continues to increase whenever other companies start to catch up from a range perspective.

That being said, for a 3k step up would you make the change to the LR when you have the exact model you are looking for at your local SC? Assuming you had the MR delivery scheduled so no risk of not getting it in by eoy.

So I was on the fence for a MR and LR and the deciding factor was the LR was to far away for me to pick up. Was content with the MR especially after I confirmed delivery next week. But... my local OA called and said they got in the exact LR model I was looking for.

I don’t do a ton of driving but we do occasionally go on camping trips. But from resale value I thought having the long range might help the car retain value as the standard mileage continues to increase whenever other companies start to catch up from a range perspective.

That being said, for a 3k step up would you make the change to the LR when you have the exact model you are looking for at your local SC? Assuming you had the MR delivery scheduled so no risk of not getting it in by eoy.
The problem is that I have placed the order for mid-range early on when it was $1k less expensive. So, the step up to LR costs $4k for me and a bit harder to justify.

Mid-range has the same range as my Model S 75D (2018). Probably even more range because it is more efficient.

The problem is that I have placed the order for mid-range early on when it was $1k less expensive. So, the step up to LR costs $4k for me and a bit harder to justify.

Mid-range has the same range as my Model S 75D (2018). Probably even more range because it is more efficient.

Yeah Ian extra 1k would have made it a really tough decision at 3k.

Maybe I am looking for validation

I have a delivery date 12/20 at noon to my home in Orlando. Ordered 10/20/18, I haven’t even accepted the financing through Tesla as I am waiting for my credit union to get back with me.
My credit union came back with 3.24 % for 75 months, and 3.99% for 84 months. Much better numbers than Tesla at 4.89%. I just need my VIN. Delivery is now scheduled for 12/21 10am.

Reactions: Andy86700

The delivery point you make is kind of moot because you will get either the LR or MR by EOY.

I think a good question to ask yourself is how long do you think you'll keep the car? If longer, like near or above the 10 year mark, I would definitely go with the LR. Two reasons below:

1) In those ~10 years, there will be lots of opportunities to go on longer road trips. I can envision lots of cases where I'd say, "Man, I wish I had some extra mileage before I have to charge."
2) As the battery degrades over time, the extra 50 miles will become more and more valuable.

I plan on keeping my car for 10+ years so I jumped at the chance to switch from MR to LR with the same exact options. $3k over the time of ownership for me was a no brainer.

If you don't plan on keeping it too long, then I'd say MR will probably be ok especially since you say you don't drive much. And I personally wouldn't worry too much about resale unless you plan on keeping it for only a few years.

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
The delivery point you make is kind of moot because you will get either the LR or MR by EOY.

I think a good question to ask yourself is how long do you think you'll keep the car? If longer, like near or above the 10 year mark, I would definitely go with the LR. Two reasons below:

1) In those ~10 years, there will be lots of opportunities to go on longer road trips. I can envision lots of cases where I'd say, "Man, I wish I had some extra mileage before I have to charge."
2) As the battery degrades over time, the extra 50 miles will become more and more valuable.

I plan on keeping my car for 10+ years so I jumped at the chance to switch from MR to LR with the same exact options. $3k over the time of ownership for me was a no brainer.

If you don't plan on keeping it too long, then I'd say MR will probably be ok especially since you say you don't drive much. And I personally wouldn't worry too much about resale unless you plan on keeping it for only a few years.

Thanks yeah I see this as at least a 7 year car probably longer.

So my account page just changed and finally asked for financial information to include who I'm financing through, and how much is remaining. Getting closer. My question now is how much of a down payment can be applied?
Typically, the lowest auto loan possible is $5000. So based on that, you could put up to "$(PriceOfCar) - $5000" as down payment. However, it can vary by lender so best to check with you lender.

Reactions: Andy86700
Typically, the lowest auto loan possible is $5000. So based on that, you could put up to "$(PriceOfCar) - $5000" as down payment. However, it can vary by lender so best to check with you lender.

OK so I read on another thread that for CC down payments, Tesla has supposedly upped the limit to $20k, so I could apply that and have the remainder available as wire transfer, cashiers check, etc.