Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For folks asking about a wall charger, keep in mind the car comes with a mobile charger that plugs not only into a traditional 120v socket, but a 240v Nema 14-50 socket. Thus, I would honestly plan on using that if your wall charger doesn't get here sooner (or if you even need to get one). The mobile connector thought rated for outdoor use because the socket you plug into is typically not weather shielded.

I keep got 2x NEMA 14-50’s installed on separate 50amp breakers. Charges mid-range at 32amps which is equivalent to 30mp range without problem. Sometimes it will start slow due to cold battery but picks up quick.

I always keep my car outside so I installed one inside and another outside. Frankly it’s overkill to spend $500 on Tesla Wall Connector for mid range. Technically I can get one for 50% off given state rebates on L2 equipment charging.

I read you can charge with 120V but very slowly (like almost 24 hours to reach full charge as I recall, but dont quote me).

For midrange, it would be closer to 48 hours! Ben Sullins of Teslanomics on YouTube claims it can be done (obviously assuming a commute similar to his), but I'm picking up my M3 on Friday and my electrician is coming on Saturday to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage.

Also, I live literally 4 minutes from my city's Supercharger, which is typically empty, with sometimes 2 or 3 cars there out of 10 stalls, so quick top-offs in a pinch will be more convenient for me than most!

Ordered MR, Blue, White Interior, 19" Wheels, No AP - on Black Friday (11/23) at the Tesla Store in San Jose.
Not Previous Res Holder or owner. They let me test drive a LR RWD same day - very impressed. Got traction control kicking in , in the wet on the 280 on-ramp, hopefully the 19" conti's are a little better than the Michelins in that regard !

I was a little concerned about getting delivery before end of the year, even though I'm close to the factory, but the tax credit issue pushed me to order sooner versus later. The system in the store would not accept my order the first two times they tried , third time lucky - but now I have 3 orders in the system with no way to cancel, and three credit card deposits ! So I called the sales associate and he was trying to get the other 2 cancelled ! Still show up in my account however.

Got a text from Tesla today (12/3), followed by phone call from Las Vegas call center - to arrange home delivery 12/8. (so ~ 2weeks from order). What happened to the order backlog / reservations ? Did that many people cancel or are still waiting for base model ? (I wanted to pick up at Factory - but apparently that is not possible - I cannot believe that home delivery is more efficient ! Anyway, will schedule factory tour later this month if I can).

No VIN assigned yet - they told me 12-24 hrs before delivery (maybe) !

So far impressed with the sales associates, test drive, speed of delivery, call center person. (not so impressed with the web interface and inability of me (or Tesla) so far to cancel the error orders), looking forward to the delivery process. Looking forward to driving my first American Made car in a long time.

-----------------------

Well, got my VIN last Friday, and then sales documents came so I could go to the Credit Union. Car delivery had been pushed to Sunday am. but I got a call Saturday afternoon saying "good news - car can be delivered today". Told them I would be back by 5 and the delivery person showed up at 5:30 pm. I imagined they would be trailering it over (I'm about 25 miles from the factory), but they actually drive your car to your house and take Lyft back to the factory. The guy told me he had started at 6am and had already delivered 10 cars today !

Anyway, I signed the papers, gave them a cashier's check, and did a quick inspection. Noticed one small paint scratch and chip on the fender near the drivers door, but other than this the car looked perfect. Went to supercharger sun am. to fill 'er up, and then took it on a drive to Santa Cruz - I posted another thread on that - but summary was great ride, handling , steering a little numb, between 30-90 it is faster than most other cars on the road - my 911 would be faster at the track, but to keep up with the M3 would require lots of down shifting and keeping the engine over 4000 rpm ! I was going back on hwy 17, and a Porsche Macan Turbo was merging from hwy85 next to me - I could here him gun the engine to try and jump ahead of me in the outside lane - I shot forward faster than his turbo could spool up - he had no chance :) I can't imagine what the performance model would be like....

Very excited .
Just got the text message 12/18 4pm home delivery . No update on the VIN number on the account page except delivery time.
How soon after delivery time message did you get VIN on account page ?? Is there anyway we can change it to SC pickup

Ordered on 11/24 , First Reservation on 4/1/16
Blue ext/ Black interior
Mid range/RWD
Sport wheels
Las vegas

EAP

My delivery status changed few hours ago. now it shows

"Delivery Appointment
Dec. 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM
Las Vegas-W. Sahara Ave
7077 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117 "

Not sure if this is because I sent an email in the morning to Tesla customer support to change it to pick up at Service center.

Also now able to enter "Trade in" information on account page . Still no VIN or detailed purchase agreement ( MVPA) available. My credit union preapproval expires 11/20.

Ordered on 11/24 , First Reservation on 4/1/16
Blue ext/ Black interior
Mid range/RWD , EAP
Sport wheels
Las vegas

Everyone waiting should continue checking their account online. I finally received communication from Tesla that my delivery is happening tomorrow, which is something my account reflected last Saturday.

I can't believe I'm still getting this car after attempting to cancel, but it looks like it's all working out in the end

I received 3 texts over the weekend. The first was a delivery range from 12/20 to 12/31 (yikes!) The second narrowed the range from 12/20 to 12/26 (ok, better...) The final text said it will be delivered 12/17 between 4pm and 6pm (yay!)

So now the mad scramble to get financing secured in a week.

Ordered 10/20
Portland, OR home delivery
Black/Black
Aero
EAP
Day 1 reservation holder

No VIN yet

Logged in and noticed that I got assigned a VIN

Got my VIN today as well. Sometime between 8 - 10 AM ET. I had gotten the Friday text with a date range and then Sunday got a specific date of the 16th. I have not heard anything else from anyone from Tesla. I'm assuming it will come later in the week.

Well, I called to see if I could pick up from at Delivery Center. And at that time, I was informed that the 16th was not the real date that it was actually the 26th. Which is a bummer. And makes me wonder when they were actually going to tell me that. We had a pretty bad storm in North Carolina, but really if it is not being delivered till the 26th, then that is not the issue, as the car is not even in transit yet.

So, not impressed by Tesla's logistic's and communication division. They did say that it may be delivered earlier than that, but I would just have to wait a few days and check back in.

So first I get a text for 12/14 delivery, then a text for 12/13 delivery. I call yesterday and confirm 12/13 and they tell me my VIN should be assigned anytime and I will be able to proceed with payment info in my account. Call again today and they say they dont see any record of me having been assigned a delivery date. What a ****in joke.