Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Preparing for my Model 3 pickup tomorrow. As I collect the items I will be bringing with me tomorrow, I realized I had forgotten to create a new music playlist for the slow long drive home.

Does anyone else put together their music playlist or at least their 1st song for the drive from the service center to their home? My first will be the iconic song “In The Air Tonight” by Phil Collins

Took delivery today in Indianapolis.

Went through the famous Model 3 Delivery Checklist, and only found one (slight) panel gap at the driver's door to quarter panel. Completely within spec I'm sure, certainly won't drive the two hours down to service just for that, but they said it would be no problem to correct if I have it in for something else at some point.

Everything else is flawless with my 169,xxx VIN. Couldn't be happier. Drives like a dream.

My fiance finally agreed to drive it once we were back in our neighborhood. She's been bugging me for a Jeep Wrangler for months when her Mazda eventually gives up the ghost. We just so happened to get one with the (Tesla provided!) rental from Enterprise to go down to Indy today. Neither of us were impressed. 10 minute drive later, and she no longer wants one and said "Damn you for ruining that dream completely in one day". :)

Good luck to everyone sweating delivery. I truly hope you get it by year's end and get to enjoy it like we did today!

If you really want the car why cancel? You are going to lose the 2500 for ordering... might as well ride it out and see what happens the 1st of the new year. If Tesla doesn't compensate for the difference in Tax credit somehow... then cancel.
I want the car, but it's more like a 'meh' kind of want. It's more like, this car is the best choice out there in a not so crowded field. Anyhow, won't lose the $2,500...search threads out there. They are giving refunds if you cancel when no vin is assigned. Even if they don't, I'll just show up to my appointment and request to return the car without taking delivery. It'll be well within the 3 day return policy Elon is touting.

I received the email that confirms my appointment for Monday at 10(ita been set since last Monday and vehicle arrived at delivery center Thursday)

Attachments

• 200076BF-DD50-4F85-850C-2F5728EF869B.jpeg
    200076BF-DD50-4F85-850C-2F5728EF869B.jpeg
    522.6 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: AZEVOWNER
Good news comes to those who wait (1,000 days for me; a mere five weeks for my friend Lisa who ordered hers Nov 10)... My blue and Lisa's white MR 3s had a joint 4pm delivery yesterday (Dec 14) at Westmont, IL. Both 3s have white interior and EAP, and both cars are absolutely PERFECT (fit and finish, and great to drive!). I had actually cancelled my order - in writing and also with a call to Customer Support - a couple weeks ago because I found a mint condition Signature Red P85 that I couldn't resist (as a former S85 owner). As I began my 2,000 mile drive home in the Sig P85 (departing Seattle for Iowa) on Dec 7, Tesla sent me my first correspondence in 7 weeks to congratulate me on my upcoming Westmont delivery! After a long negotiation with my wonderful wife, we decided to go ahead and take delivery of the 3, too. And I couldn't be happier with our decision. This MR 3 is the best vehicle I've ever driven. Lisa's white 3 had 6 miles on it; my blue 3 had 8 miles. Within 30 miles of driving, the EAP calibration was complete and we drove home safely through thick fog and lots of otherwise dangerous Chicago traffic. EAP greatly reduced any stress caused by Chicago traffic with poor visibility (fog and mist, at 32F). We got back to the Quad Cities around 11pm, and I could have driven onto Omaha (I was having so much fun as a first-timer driving with EAP). :) So for all those still waiting for your 3, but maybe nervous about past TMC stories of poor fit and finish (especially paint)...I believe Fremont has turned the corner and Tesla is now building excellent vehicles all around. Our VINs were almost identical (perhaps built on the same day), ending in 155xxx. Both were built in Dec 2018 according to the door plate, so literally last week. Our 3s took an efficient and speedy train ride (likely Union Pacific) to Chicago (where the rail yard is several miles from Westmont). And they arrived without delay for a quick prep and delivery to two very happy customers. Kudos to Westmont Sales/Service for a great delivery experience, especially Tonya who gave us our 30 minute walk-through/set up (jointly on Lisa's car, since I was aware of most features as a previous S owner). And if you ask nicely, they'll even bring you that "Day 1 Reservation Holder" gift of the die cast red Model 3.

IMG_0503.JPG

Like others, I got the email last night asking for when I was available. Which makes me think they know they are going to have a crunch on time to get these delivered. I have an appointment for 12/27. After ordering on 10/23. I was given a 12/16 date, but then that gove moved back 10+ days with no real explanation. Not sure why then need to know my availability any other time. Feel like if I tell them I am available on the 28th, they will just delay my appointment or give the car slotted to me to someone else.

At this point, I trust Tesla zero percent. If I had not already put 2500 into my wiring and charging station at the house I would have cancelled. I am sure the car will be great, but Tesla's customer service and logistics is terrible and worries me moving forward if/when the car needs service.

Reactions: AZEVOWNER
hey the unforseen issue may be a semi that rolled with a load of tesla's on board. be glad they're jumping to find replacements for anyone affected.

my experiences with tesla service have been great, it seems mostly the bad experiences that get threads about it. and there are some sure, every mfg has issues. but they've fixed a door handle and 12v battery in my driveway. no other mfg ever fixed anything in my driveway. (it felt eerie to see someone finish a job in under 12 hours and consume no beer in the process. that seemed really strange to me.)

Reactions: Sean Wagner
I also received the email asking what days I am unavailable even though I have a scheduled delivery on 12/24. Interesting that it said delivery times are from 6 a.m. to Midnight. They are planning on being busy as hell I see. Because I am available for at least a few hours on all of the dates they asked about, I didn't say I was unavailable on any day.

hey the unforseen issue may be a semi that rolled with a load of tesla's on board. be glad they're jumping to find replacements for anyone affected.

my experiences with tesla service have been great, it seems mostly the bad experiences that get threads about it. and there are some sure, every mfg has issues. but they've fixed a door handle and 12v battery in my driveway. no other mfg ever fixed anything in my driveway. (it felt eerie to see someone finish a job in under 12 hours and consume no beer in the process. that seemed really strange to me.)
Could be but they should be able to contact us and give us updates that's all I'm looking for. I know they gave my car away

Very well could have been. All I'm saying is communicate and be transparent. We should not have to harass them for paper work etc. Once the decision was made order in December we will guarantee delivery they should have anticipated the crunch of activity. Hire some temps , have a operating system between local DS and the central DAs. If I was communicated with I would have no issue.