Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EAP

My delivery status changed few hours ago. now it shows

"Delivery Appointment
Dec. 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM
Las Vegas-W. Sahara Ave
7077 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117 "

Not sure if this is because I sent an email in the morning to Tesla customer support to change it to pick up at Service center.

Also now able to enter "Trade in" information on account page . Still no VIN or detailed purchase agreement ( MVPA) available. My credit union preapproval expires 11/20.

Ordered on 11/24 , First Reservation on 4/1/16
Blue ext/ Black interior
Mid range/RWD , EAP
Sport wheels
Las vegas

Very excited.. Got my MVPA and VIN which suddenly appeared at 4pm my account . Looks like my Credit union guy contacted the Owner advisor who in turn gave him another contact looks like the (DA) , within minutes was able to get my MVPA .
My delivery status is set for pick up @Dec 22nd ( was originally Dec 18th home delivery). Will be signing the loan documents this Saturday Dec 15th.
Planning to get Insurance for the Car ( now that I have VIN) with the start date on Dec 22.
BTW. I rejected the Tesla trade in offer for my old car, as it is 2.5K less than CarMax.

Still no MVPA this morning. CU not open Saturday. Car likely not coming Sunday. Whamp Whamp...
Have you tried calling your delivery center about providing your MVPA? I found the delivery center was just as capable as my DA with providing assistance. Plus you likely won't have to wait forever to talk to someone. You could also try calling the customer service number. Hope it gets worked out.

I received my signed MVPA after pressuring the Inside DA in Vegas for it because I needed it to get the loan funded from CU. Then my CU said the MVPA wasn't correct because it didn't show the correct downpayment. Apparently, my CU requires a 10% downpayment to Tesla. So, I had to ACH Tesla some additional funds, then the Inside DA provided an updated MVPA. My CU then funded the loan. My delivery is scheduled this Saturday, 12/15, from 4 pm to 6 pm, but I've asked six times for a Delivery Center pick-up. I have not heard anything on my request. If I don't hear anything, I'll wait outside tomorrow between 4 pm and 6 pm with the inspection checklist. Once I got my delivery text and an assigned VIN, the process for the loan and MVPA has been quite challenging. Also, the Inside DA asked if I wanted to change my MVPA to 3rd party financing, but I felt that the question could have been self-answered.

Have you tried calling your delivery center about providing your MVPA? I found the delivery center was just as capable as my DA with providing assistance. Plus you likely won't have to wait forever to talk to someone. You could also try calling the customer service number. Hope it gets worked out.
Yes spoke with them yesterday they said they would get me something by end of day. Calling them again now.

So how are people funding their loans? They usually require signed order agreements from both parties (at least my credit union does). I have the draft Order Agreement in my Tesla profile.
This whole situation is getting ridiculous. Seems like a Southern California only issue.

Ordered 10/19, no prior reservation. Got text 12/3 asking me to complete all check out items when my items were all completed on 10/19. Got text on 12/7 with 12/9 to 12/15 delivery window. Got text on 12/9 with a 12/13 delivery in Costa Mesa. I pushed to 12/14 and got confirmation text on 12/10 of the change. on 12/11 I get a confirmation of delivery appointment for 12/14. Today, 12/13 I get a text saying they are actively looking for a vehicle that matches my configuration and that they need to postpone and reschedule my delivery.

I can't believe this mess. o_O

My plan is to patiently wait until the 18th or 19th and if nothing, then cancel the order.

If you really want the car why cancel? You are going to lose the 2500 for ordering... might as well ride it out and see what happens the 1st of the new year. If Tesla doesn't compensate for the difference in Tax credit somehow... then cancel.

• Informative
Reactions: rraghu78 and Jivas
Calling the customer service number works for me. My delivery center never answers the phone and calls to the local service center get routed to a national(?) service call center with an insane queue. The times I've called customer service, I was able to talk to someone in fairly short order to answer my questions, reschedule my delivery appointment and get me to someone who could schedule a service appointment.

Sorry the photos are so huge, but figured some may like to see them.

Ordered 10/18
white/white
Delivery Notification 12/08 for 12/13
Picked up 12/13
SLC, UT

We got a good amount of attention upon pickup. Agreement states 50 miles, but ours had 4. Car looked great. We were surprised by how plush the seating is, I thought it looked a bit stiffer in photos than it actually is. Someone else was picking up a black interior along with us, so we were able to compare black with white and we are definitely glad we held out for white. We're over the moon today, can't believe it's finally happened~~

One thing I'll note is autosteer certainly doesn't seem to be perfect. I'm having to be particularly attentive in a construction zone down I-5 where the lanes snake around a bit.
M3 3.jpg
M3 2.jpg
M3 1.jpg

Best wishes to everyone biting their fingernails, hang in there!

Ordered 10/18
white/white
Picked up 12/13
SLC, UT

We got a good amount of attention upon pickup. Agreement states 50 miles, but ours had 4. Car looked great. We were surprised by how plush the seating is, I thought it looked a bit stiffer in photos than it actually is. Someone else was picking up a black interior along with us, so we were able to compare black with white and we are definitely glad we held out for white. We're over the moon today, can't believe it's finally happened~~

One thing I'll note is autosteer certainly doesn't seem to be perfect. I'm having to be particularly attentive in a construction zone down I-5 where the lanes snake around a bit. View attachment 360954 View attachment 360955 View attachment 360956

Gorgeous!

As of yesterday, I had no VIN or any new update, even though my scheduled delivery date was 12/15 on my account page. I wanted to change the delivery location to my local delivery center, so I called the main Tesla number. I talked to someone and they said changing to the delivery center was no problem, and was able to give me an earlier delivery time that day as well. I confirmed with them that I still did not have a VIN. I also asked if I could maybe take delivery one day earlier, and after being on hold for a bit, he said 12/15 was the earliest they could do.

Like 30 minutes later I got a text and email confirming this delivery location and time change.

Today, my account updated with a VIN and I made my final payment! So excited! :)

My VIN disappeared right after getting it and making payment on 12/12. Yesterday, it was 48 hours until my scheduled delivery date and I was getting a little worried because I no longer had a VIN. I called Tesla and they had no update. I stopped by my local delivery center and got some interesting information. They told me Tesla's VIN matching algorithm messed up this week and several of their customers incorrectly received VINs, which were later removed from the accounts. I was one of these people and they said it was odd I had a delivery date scheduled in 48 hours but no VIN. So, they emailed my inside delivery advisor (who I had not heard from yet) and said he should get back to me within 24 hours.

Today, about 24 hours before my delivery, I still had no VIN! But, then I got a call from my inside delivery advisor saying I had a new, different, VIN and my delivery was still on for 12/15 at 2:30 pm! So stoked! :)

When should I be getting my MVPA to sign? Can that happen in person when I pick it up?

Last edited:
yea... that's beautiful configuration.... If i didn't have kids (year old - year old) i would have pulled trigger for White seats.
I ended up going with Blue but I really love White!

I've 2 kids but both are good in keeping up surroundings. The fact that the roof is all glass and we get lot of sun in Texas, I was hesitant to sign up for the black interior. I know, I still like/getting black exterior to match the white interiors :)

Ordered 10/18
white/white
Picked up 12/13
SLC, UT

One thing I'll note is autosteer certainly doesn't seem to be perfect. I'm having to be particularly attentive in a construction zone down I-5 where the lanes snake around a bit. View attachment 360954 View attachment 360955 View attachment 360956

thats my config, looks amazing in that light

New delivery date 12/21 "Due to unforeseen delivery issues". Strike 2. Happy for those who received their cars. That said my patience is wearing thin. I get it they have never mass produced a car before, but they have a long way to go with customer service.

New delivery date 12/21 "Due to unforeseen delivery issues". Strike 2. Happy for those who received their cars. That said my patience is wearing thin. I get it they have never mass produced a car before, but they have a long way to go with customer service.

Sigh. I JUST got the call from my local SC confirming my Sunday appointment and to go over what to bring. I casually ask, "oh, so the car made it there OK?" Long pause. Puts me on hold. Gets back to tell me the assigned car was lost in transit. Some vague answers to my questions. Should arrive on the 21st now. We reschedule delivery for 1 week from now. VIN is now gone from Tesla site.

I had heard this story again and again on the forums and was hoping it wasn't going to be me too. I know they are swamped and I'm keeping the faith alive, but man, I really hope there is actually a car matched to me that will arrive in one week.