Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I've noticed after having the car for a day is that the doors require a more force or technique to close properly. Very often when me or my family closes the door, the car display shows that a door is open. And we need to give it another try with some more force. Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their Tesla.

I agree , but I think we will get used to it soon. My kids already learnt it in 2 days

One thing I've noticed after having the car for a day is that the doors require a more force or technique to close properly. Very often when me or my family closes the door, the car display shows that a door is open. And we need to give it another try with some more force. Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their Tesla.

The LR we purchased in June doesn't require "slamming" and was put together well. The MR, that was delivered few days ago, requires slamming and interior seems a bit loose. I can tell it was put together in a rush.

So my account is saying I have a delivery date of 12/28 and I have a VIN so I hope it’s actually confirmed. I noticed that it says a $15,000 deposit was made on my account which reduced my total amount due, but I definitely did not do this. I checked my bank account and debit/credit cards to confirm this. Has anyone else noticed this occurring on their account or know why this might have happened?

Same on my mid range too. Went to service center for cracked windshield replace :( and ask about the door. They lower the window and door close very easy. Said because it is a new seal and it is cold now so the rubber around the window is harden and harder to push in when the door close.
After 2 weeks it does seem to get easier to close.
One other thing is the bottom of the doors seem to leak air when driving on hwy. My wife notice cool air flowing near the door area even with heat turned on. And she didn't notice the same issue with our other car.

I am not experiencing this difficulty but it may be due to living in a warm weather climate.

So my account is saying I have a delivery date of 12/28 and I have a VIN so I hope it’s actually confirmed. I noticed that it says a $15,000 deposit was made on my account which reduced my total amount due, but I definitely did not do this. I checked my bank account and debit/credit cards to confirm this. Has anyone else noticed this occurring on their account or know why this might have happened?

Wow, gift from Elon? :) In seriousness, this sounds troubling....call them or go into your local Tesla dealership to find out what's going on asap as you don't want it to impact your order. If you have a VIN, then your delivery date should be confirmed but may still be subject to change if they have delays.

Wow, gift from Elon? :) In seriousness, this sounds troubling....call them or go into your local Tesla dealership to find out what's going on asap as you don't want it to impact your order. If you have a VIN, then your delivery date should be confirmed but may still be subject to change if they have delays.

I agree. Yesterday my sales associate told me that my VIN wouldn't appear until at least 24th for my 27th delivery and may appear on the 26th due to Christmas. Hope they didn't mix you up with someone else. Good luck.

Have to wonder if someone else's deposit got applied to your account by mistake. Try to get it resolved before they work on the MVPA otherwise a delay for you and the other guy.

Hey all,

I picked up my car on Friday. Love the car! I’ve been looking for excuses to drive around lol

I had no issues with the car. However my car did not come with latest firmware. I’m still running 42.9.
I was told that I would eventually get upgrade notification but nothing so far. Should I call Tesla support for this?

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity and SMAlset
Hey all,

I picked up my car on Friday. Love the car! I’ve been looking for excuses to drive around lol

I had no issues with the car. However my car did not come with latest firmware. I’m still running 42.9.
I was told that I would eventually get upgrade notification but nothing so far. Should I call Tesla support for this?

It will come. Make sure to put the car on your home wifi (assuming you have home wifi, which I would imagine almost 100% of tesla owners would have at this point.

They wont do anything if you call them to push it or anything. It WILL come, but there is no controlling when it does. As an example, I picked up my car 12/04. I had 42.9 and there was an update pending as soon as I got home. The update took me to 46.2 the evening of 12/04. When they started rolling out 48.1 I thought I might get it "soon" because I got the 46.2 so soon after release. No dice. I actually didnt get 48.1 at all, I got 48.12.1, and got it after everyone here was saying "i got it" to the 48.1

TL ; DR version (too long ; didnt read), No need to call tesla on the update, it will come. Put it on wifi to ensure it can download. It will show up in the car AND in the app, and can be triggered from the app when its available. On the doors, its "likely" the rubber gaskets being stiff because of colder weather. Mine have loosened up a bit, but I still have to close the doors harder than I am used to from my BMW.

Congratulations btw! enjoy the drive :)

Order MR on 11/30 online, no reservation, use referral, Blue No EAP,18”,Black interior
I am in Orange County with 1 M3L already.

Dec 7, got text from Tesla saying:
Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to be ready between 12/17-12/23. A Tesla rep will reach out when it is time to schedule your appointment.

Call and text few time to let Tesla know we are leaving on Dec 23 night through out rest of year, and thinking leaving payment check and a power attorney for someone to sign paper on behalf of us as plan B, chat with a person on the phone today and the schedule delivery date was changed to Dec 30 on our Tesla account, I am thinking well plan B it is.

Tonight, get supprising text as following:

Good Evening, Your Model 3 is scheduled to arrive to your home between the hours of 10am and 12pm, so you should have plenty of time before you leave for your trip! Someone from the local center will contact you before they leave to let you know they are on their way, and their estimated arrival time. Your Model 3 is excited to meet you!

All I want say is to tell everybody that Tesla indeed want to fulfill everyone’s wish before end of year, and this crunching randomly makes a lot folks nerves as hell. Hand on tight and do your best to work with Tesla even they are not really up to your standard, if you want EV to replace ICE in the planet as much as possible for a better world, this is small price you pay as not being treated like royal family member.

Wish you all best, btw I am not associated with Tesla, but I am a royal EV user.
Well, did not get the car since it was still on the truck, maybe stuck somewhere in the traffic. So we drove to service center and signed papers. Have them dmv power of attorney form and left for our vacation, hopefully when we come back next year, our car is in the driveway

It will come. Make sure to put the car on your home wifi (assuming you have home wifi, which I would imagine almost 100% of tesla owners would have at this point.

They wont do anything if you call them to push it or anything. It WILL come, but there is no controlling when it does. As an example, I picked up my car 12/04. I had 42.9 and there was an update pending as soon as I got home. The update took me to 46.2 the evening of 12/04. When they started rolling out 48.1 I thought I might get it "soon" because I got the 46.2 so soon after release. No dice. I actually didnt get 48.1 at all, I got 48.12.1, and got it after everyone here was saying "i got it" to the 48.1

TL ; DR version (too long ; didnt read), No need to call tesla on the update, it will come. Put it on wifi to ensure it can download. It will show up in the car AND in the app, and can be triggered from the app when its available. On the doors, its "likely" the rubber gaskets being stiff because of colder weather. Mine have loosened up a bit, but I still have to close the doors harder than I am used to from my BMW.

Congratulations btw! enjoy the drive :)

thanks for the great info.
Yup, the car is connected to Wifi with 100% signal strength. As you stated, I'll stay put for the update.

Received today! Home delivery

20181223_165454.jpg

Attachments

• 20181223_165454.jpg
    20181223_165454.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 39
Just received my 3 via home delivery in San Francisco on 12/22.
  • Mid-Range RWD Model 3
  • Black
  • 18 inch aero wheels
  • White interior
  • No EAP
  • Order placed 10/18
  • Non-reservation holder
  • Received text bout delivery date on 12/9
  • VIN received on 12/19

Efficient delivery process. Got a good overview of the vehicle. Noticed some passenger door panel is not aligned with the rear passenger slightly off. Also, like others have mentioned, when my relatives came over to sit in the vehicle, they couldn't close the door shut on the first try, I had to slam the door for it to close.

Since I got the black, I noticed some black scratch marks, but that comes with the territory of black paint (non-metallic). Not sure if others have noticed colors on the glass on the top but took some photos to document. Did a quick trip down to Burlingame yesterday and was amazed at the pick up (newbie EV owner), looking forward to ownership of this vehicle.

I know the experience and ownership will be the same if not better than these other cars I've driven in the past:
  • 1996 Acura Integra
  • 2004 BMW 330ci (e46) manual
In terms of the firmware, since I live in high-rise condo; an issue would be to get firmware updates via wi-fi. I'll need to stop by a friend's place for couple hours and get that taken care of. I want to see my Easter Eggs with Pole Position. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity