Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YAY!! Received my car yesterday! Great experience and super excited! Quick question though, for the folks that took delivery in WA state, what final set of documents did you receive?

Congrats! Bellevue store? What was your order date and can you let us know the steps you went through? i.e. when did they tell you a deliver date, how long before did the call/text to confirm, what happened on the morning of the delivery etc? I'm just trying to make sure that nothing out of the ordinary happens to me leading up to 29th!

Well, I was scheduled for a home delivery today in Raleigh. ... I have to come pick it up.

yeah I knew that was very suspect so i called twice to confirm the S. Wilmington site. They told me it was a 'bug' in the software that displays 'home delivery'. I preferred going to a site even that one and it all went fine. Hope your pickup went well and you got a great one.

Picked up my Model 3 MR at 9:00AM this morning. Got there at 8:30AM and they took me in shortly thereafter. Inspected the car and found plastic kickplate was scratched up and the seal on drivers side at union of rear and front glass had a space in it. These were added to the due bill and I scheduled an appt with Tesla SC when I got home to repair. Overall paint was fine and car was much better than expected given the stories on the forums. The car was built 12/22/18.. Had orange peel on hood and other areas. I didn't mind it too much. Panel gaps were within spec.

I did a full detail on the car in the afternoon (took 3 hours to compound, wax and overlay wax by hand). Installed wheel cap kit. Looks great and allot of the orange peel is much less noticeable now.
IMG_20181227_155933.jpg
IMG_20181227_155941.jpg
IMG_20181227_160009.jpg

Anyone in Houston dealing with a delivery CF? Originally scheduled pickup on 12/26, and it’s been moved back a day every day since. Now showing 12/29 delivery. Already sold my other vehicle so now I’m without a car and without answers from Tesla. Can’t wait for the car but good lord this really sours the experience.

yeah I knew that was very suspect so i called twice to confirm the S. Wilmington site. They told me it was a 'bug' in the software that displays 'home delivery'. I preferred going to a site even that one and it all went fine. Hope your pickup went well and you got a great one.

Got the car yesterday. It had 10 or so minor scratches that they had to buff out. It has a small scratch that will have to be repaired in the shop, plus some type of cleaning compound that has dried in one of the speaker grills. That will require them taking off the door panel and cleaning. Got an appointment scheduled on 1/14 for that stuff. My only other issue with the appointment was that the car only had 50 miles of range on it. Since they had to work on it to fix the scratches I was able to charge for more range at the delivery center and then I took to a nearby supercharger to get about 200 miles of range. Thought it was odd it only had 50 miles of range on battery at appointment time.

Other than that it went well. Car is fun to drive and handles well. Have only put 30 or so miles on it so far. Will take for a longer drive today. Lots of buttons and configuration options to figure out!

@adw0mack strange your car wasn't charged up on delivery. One thing I did when I got home was to put the 12v battery on an AGM battery charger to verify it was fuly charged. The battery was fine. I was concerned about low 12v situation others had posted about. The battery compartment cover wasn't installed fully so glad I checked.

@adw0mack strange your car wasn't charged up on delivery. One thing I did when I got home was to put the 12v battery on an AGM battery charger to verify it was fuly charged. The battery was fine. I was concerned about low 12v situation others had posted about. The battery compartment cover wasn't installed fully so glad I checked.

Yeah, and when I mentioned it, the response was "Is your drive further than that?". Like it was normal procedure for them. I'm sure it is because of the volume of deliveries, and where they are at right now, they do not have super chargers.

almost tempted to hang out at tesla delivery center monday night to watch the EOY madness.

I was at the service center in Oceanside CA yesterday and my service advisor told me "I have been helping out at the delivery center on weekends to help with deliveries". He works Mon-Friday at the service center, but the service center is closed on the weekend, and he has been helping out at the delivery center (both to make some extra $$$ and to help customers get their cars in the end of the year push).

I think people might want to remember that, for every complaint, there are real people on the other side of it working at tesla, and they are trying. Maybe not to everyones satisfaction, but they are trying, including probably many many of them giving up their weekends etc, because they want to help people get their cars.

BTW last night while on 101 South up here in the bay area we saw another carrier with Teslas on it headed south of San Jose. This has been maybe the 4th citing I've seen over the past week or so of the car carriers in the brief time I've been on 101. I've never seen another manufacturers' cars being transported, only Teslas. They really are trying hard to get those cars to the delivery centers and new owners.

There is a discussion about which rear drive unit Tesla is using in the mid-range model 3. Any new owners care to check out their MR Model 3 to confirm the rear drive unit part number?

Model 3 Motors on the Tesla Parts Catalog

Are all rear motors the same?

There has been so much debate about motors. I read somewhere that rear motors are switch reluctance and front are AC induction one(less efficient).

To the point if RWD motor has more HP than AWD rear one, I could attest that the punch factor acceleration on AWD vs RWD is 90% same i.e. there is difference but minor. But that’s just my observation driven both. P is ridiculously fast and feels/gives true roller coaster launch effect.

Also somewhere Elon tweeted that motors for P and AWD are same just that P ones are higher sigma and have good burn in. Basically best of the best for P.

Nobody for sure knows the inner mechanics inside Tesla at that moment of how these things are configured for every model type. I am sure over next year or so since these bad boys are all over place, somebody will figure it all out. Until then enjoy.

My nerves are shot. Home delivery appointment is 2 hours away with no room for error (non-refundable flights tomorrow AM) and the car hasn't shown up active on the Tesla app yet :)

In your situation I would call the tesla number and push the "deliveries" button and wait to talk to someone to ensure its actually out for delivery.

Good luck, I hope it works out! Let us know if you get it!

Reactions: daveuk100
I had mine delivered yesterday and the app did not start working until the delivery time.

Your right, I didnt notice that he said "the app" hasnt started working. The tesla app wont start working until after delivery. They dont want people remote starting / playing with the car before its actually been delivered.

I was thinking for some reason that he said that the car did not show in the tesla ACCOUNT (as in no vin in the tesla account). The app not working is as expected. Thanks for the correction!

Reactions: daveuk100