Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Might order my 3 soon, very begrudgingly.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.Scam:
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
"an insurance scam"
synonyms: fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick;
pharming;
informalcon, hustle, flimflam, bunco, grift, gyp, shakedown
"the scam involved a series of bogus investment deals"

Fraudulent Scheme applies. "And of course it will be $35,000.00" -Elon Musk.
... it will be. He's always said the higher end 3s will be made first.

Nobody's forcing you to be here, just sayin'.

Reactions: ryanakata
... it will be. He's always said the higher end 3s will be made first.

I used to live in S'toon. :) When did Elon Musk first say the more expensive model would be made first? I don't remember that in the reveal. Also Elon has changing reasons for the delay, first it is simplicity, now it is not economically feasible. I really like the cars, but until they make some serious changes I'm not going to touch one.

I feel dumber after reading this thread. Lmao. Great reminder of why I was so effing happy to be able to quit my job dealing with customer relations 10 years ago, though.

Some more articles comparing Musk to Trump, they might make you feel smarter, they definitely made me feel smarter LMAO:
Elon Musk thinks you can crowdsource truth, but that’s not how the internet works
It’s nearly time for Tesla’s board to move on Elon Musk
Quiz: Who said it - Donald Trump or Elon Musk?
Elon Musk’s Silly War With the Media

Back in March I compared Musk to Trump, I think when Stephen Colbert does an impression of Trump impersonating Musk, my vision will be fulfilled.

I am simply hoping the company will be bring on new management influences or a full take over so that it can be a company I trust enough to buy a Model 3 from.

Nobody on this board finds Mush a little harder to believe these days?

Reactions: Henchman
Cost per KWH at Washington State supercharger is $0.25. Cost for electricity in WA state is about $0.08. I expect more increases as well.
You are partially right. Power measured in kWh is about eight cents in WA. But things don't work like that.

You can't run a network of DCFCs with multiple stations and make money at 25c with the current (har) volume of EVs on the road.

Commercial power is sold on demand metering. You pay a monthly fee for a Customer Charge (per meter), you pay a few cents for the power itself, but you are actually paying mostly for the maximum kW spike you have each month. You are classified by the size of spike in a year. Seattle is about $7.42/kW for the city area if you want to install DCFC. So a 10 station (5x2) that draws 500 kW on Friday afternoon costs about $4000 a month plus whatever power you actually put into the cars. Washington is cheap.

It's the reason for-profit EV networks limit themselves to 1 or 2 stations and low kW.

1.Scam:
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
"an insurance scam"
synonyms: fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick;
pharming;
informalcon, hustle, flimflam, bunco, grift, gyp, shakedown
"the scam involved a series of bogus investment deals"

Fraudulent Scheme applies. "And of course it will be $35,000.00" -Elon Musk.
Just because Tesla’s timeline and your timeline do not coincide does not mean there is a scam going on.

The OP had to eat crow, seems he's a happy M3 owner after all.

Not in the least. I was absolutely right about everything I said. I like my 3 now that I have it, but I still am not happy at having to spend an extra $14,000 to get it, because Tesla keeps delaying the $35K base version.

And Tesla is not "bleeding cash". They are spending a lot to R&D their vehicles and processes, and get everything up to speed on a mass market scale as fast as possible. Not the same thing.

To be fair my post says "future".
No, you guess future prices, and declare "scam" today based on your guesses.

Moreover,
You are cherry picking. Use the national average of prices,
And take into consideration the effect of demand charges for the much higher Tesla SC charging rates. I have not paid close attention but I think DCFC at for-profit sites (built with taxpayer money) are in the range of 30 - 50 cents a kWh for 50 kW service.
Lastly, Tesla has built out a remarkably usable, robust and dependable network. You may take that for granted but I know its value and cost.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Not in the least. I was absolutely right about everything I said. I like my 3 now that I have it, but I still am not happy at having to spend an extra $14,000 to get it, because Tesla keeps delaying the $35K base version.

And Tesla is not "bleeding cash". They are spending a lot to R&D their vehicles and processes, and get everything up to speed on a mass market scale as fast as possible. Not the same thing.
Whatevas. The output is greater than the input no matter the reasons. The future is never promised, and it keeps the shorts salivating and makes for bad headlines. As for your continued dissatisfaction, you still completed the transaction.

The market is demanding that Tesla delay the 35K base version.

It’s not as if they have idle capacity and just decided to screw people out of the SR cars.

Every Model 3 they can produce right now is spoken for. I still can’t even configure my P3D because people in front of me are taking up the production slots.