Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

Minnesota desired SuperCharger locations (General location)

• Minneapolis/St. Paul

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Rochester

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Duluth

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • St. Cloud

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Mankato

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Winona

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Bemidji

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brainerd

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Fargo (ND)

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Onalaska being online as of today, looks like Albert Lea (and Madison) are the two lingering ones missing to complete the SD/MN/WI stretch for Elon's trip. Anyone local with any updates?

It also looks like Duluth and Brainerd are next up for MN. Any local scouts in those areas?

With Onalaska being online as of today, looks like Albert Lea (and Madison) are the two lingering ones missing to complete the SD/MN/WI stretch for Elon's trip. Anyone local with any updates?

It also looks like Duluth and Brainerd are next up for MN. Any local scouts in those areas?

Things are moving quickly in Albert Lea (taken tonight):

IMG_5141.JPG

With Cheyenne, WY close to coming on-line, it looks like Albert Lea may be the last link in the chain from Colorado to Indiana, a big chunk of the Elon, cross-country route. Any guesses on how long it will talk to complete Albert Lea?

No idea. Construction hasn't started yet, but they are getting all the gear delivered. My son takes regular trips down there, so I will keep the forum updated.

Would love to see one in Fargo, ND, so I could conceivably make the trip to Winnipeg, Canada.

Fargo is on the list, but it's in the last batch of superchargers on the map. I'm keeping my eyes open for any activity. I have a few suspect locations near the junction of I29 and I94. The Petro on I94 is at the top of my speculation list at this point. No evidence, just a gut feeling. I've been known to be wrong in the past... very wrong.:wink: http://goo.gl/maps/IFa1E

Just left the Worthington supercharger and had a cup of soup at Ground Round. It will be great when Albert Lea is online, because it was a bit of a stretch to the Worthington stop. I actually stopped at a community college in Albert Lea that had a solar-powered J1772. Props to them, but I'd still prefer a supercharger. If you're interested, you can follow my trip here -- musings on the strait and narrow.. I'm driving from Chicago to LA along the supercharger route.

Just left the Worthington supercharger and had a cup of soup at Ground Round. It will be great when Albert Lea is online, because it was a bit of a stretch to the Worthington stop. I actually stopped at a community college in Albert Lea that had a solar-powered J1772. Props to them, but I'd still prefer a supercharger. If you're interested, you can follow my trip here -- musings on the strait and narrow.. I'm driving from Chicago to LA along the supercharger route.

Great Blog!

Unless its up and running, its not worth it to do the out and back to see the Cheyenne Supercharger. Its a pretty good distance off of I-25. See Cheyenne, WY Supercharger - Page 5 and later for current Cheyenne status. Looks like they are waiting on the municipal utility...

Have fun!

Did you stop at the Albert Lea supercharger site to check on construction progress? Thank you for blogging your trip!

My son's fiancé stopped by Albert Lea to take a quick shot. Looks pretty close. My son will get more pictures on Friday. It might be on line by then!
View attachment 40822

If possible, have her get pictures of the transformer and other parts. Here is an annotated picture of the parts of a Supercharger site for reference: Tesla Supercharger network - Page 312

And yes, transformers can disguise themselves... :wink:

Great news on Albert Lea! Not only can Minneapolis owners access the cross-county network, but free travel is now enabled from Ohio to Wyoming! Eau Claire, WI should be online any day too!
But those of us heading into MSP could really use one. Here's hoping one turns up on the I35 route to Duluth (as there is large gap currently on the projected map).

But those of us heading into MSP could really use one. Here's hoping one turns up on the I35 route to Duluth (as there is large gap currently on the projected map).

I have family in Minneapolis and Saint Cloud. Minneapolis at least is covered in chargepoint stations, but STC is a dead zone. It'd be great to have a supercharger near either location. Looks like I'll be able to overshoot St cloud by 60 miles to hit up Brainerd or Alexandria eventually.

On another thread (don't remember where), someone was told by the Tesla Super-Charging team that their priority for now is inter-city travel, with popular destinations coming later. My guess is that MN will be stuck with what we have for a while. I hope I am wrong!

I have family in Minneapolis and Saint Cloud. Minneapolis at least is covered in chargepoint stations, but STC is a dead zone. It'd be great to have a supercharger near either location. Looks like I'll be able to overshoot St cloud by 60 miles to hit up Brainerd or Alexandria eventually.